Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A 10 on the ewww scale.

I do too. I probably would have wanted one as a little girl, but my mom never ever would have bought one.

...eh. After seeing thongs and heels for toddlers, nothing shocks me anymore.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Bronze Member

I saw bras like that in the children's section at TJMaxx and I felt sick over it. I think it is disgusting how it sexualizes such a young child and just flat out encourages pedophelia (a padded underwire bra seems like the perfect costume for some sicko to dress a child up in and take inappropriate pictures). Children should be children, they should look young (I grew up in the 80s/90, remember when kids clothes were just that, kids clothes, they didn't look grown up, because it was rainbow sweatsuits and little dresses and overalls...and under any of it little girls would be wearing undershirts with little bows or rosettes on them, NOT bras) Sorry for the longish post, but things like this really horrify me. It just worries me how much shorter society seems to be trying to make those childhood years...

^^ it doesn't encourage pedophilia, though.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Bronze Member

I know that wording might not be quite right, but I don't know that still sort of portrays how I feel. I know it doesn't literally encourage pedophilia, but it is a product being sold that is being used to give a child's body a more womanly and mature appearance. I feel as though the effect is negative and for people who are attracted to children (pedophiles) it is only another way for them to rationalize their desires and convince themselves the child is something they should find sexually attractive. I don't know, now I feel like I'm babbling but I see what you are pointing out stef, I'm having trouble putting in words what I want to say...

We have created a generation of prostitots!!!

Thank-You Hannah Montana!!!

I was disgusted by this years ago! Not to mention the two piece bikinis at Old Navy for toddlers and almost newborns!! Eww who are you trying to show off your kids to in that ! They were string bikinis for Chrissake!!

HELLO Pedo-Bait!!! Sickos!

I remember dreading having to finally wear a bra when I was about 12/13, and most of my friends were the same - it was embarrassing to admit our mothers had taken us bra shopping. One of my friends would sneak her bikini top in her school bag and change out of her bra in the train station toilets, she was so ashamed of anyone catching sight of her bra straps. None of us were in a hurry to grow up (until we hit 15 - then, look out boys!)

I can't believe little girls are into this sort of shit. Oh my god, I'm old!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information