Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Britney Spears shaves off all of her hair

Damn, Britney is having an Anne Heche episode, and I had no idea.

Really though y'all, while it's very tempting to say that she's having a breakdown, she's probably just having a bad drug trip. She might be feeling like she's at the end of her rope & all, (which is her own damned fault) but I would be extreeeeeemly surprised if she wasn't on something.

And from what I've read in this thread, she doesn't meet criteria for hospitalization against her will.

Anybody else get this fleeting thought that it might be a publicity stunt? Yeah, yeah, it's probably not, but it just struck me that America loves an underdog, and we tend to forgive public figures who hit rock bottom & then rise like a phoenix from the ashes. Like Whitney. It's easier to 'forgive' a celeb for saving themselves from drugs & mental illness than it is to forgive them for becoming unattractive & uncool.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

^^ I agree, but I am thinking she is downward spiraling FAST.
    "Shit, I think I just confused myself. QUICK! Somebody hand me chalk, a chalkboard and Will Hunting's brain!" michael k -dlisted

I miss Anne Heche crazily chasing aliens in the desert.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Silver Member

Novice-I agree with you. This girl never had a normal childhood, and I think her upbringing definetly could have been a cause of this. She was abused mentally and used by so many throughout her life that maybe this is just the end of her.

How many celebrities who started out as children in the spotlight have become wacko?Too many too name. Most seem to have issues and unfortunately they sometimes end their own life because of the misery they suffered. That is why I tend to withold judgements sometimes.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post

Really though y'all, while it's very tempting to say that she's having a breakdown, she's probably just having a bad drug trip. She might be feeling like she's at the end of her rope & all, (which is her own damned fault) but I would be extreeeeeemly surprised if she wasn't on something.
    That's what I think, too. She took a downer and had a bad trip from it.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazeleyed_Honey View Post

Ok, maybe she was doing it for the thrill and she is an attention seeker, but her life took a downturn and she just needs to get away from all this for the sake of her children and the ones who love her, before she takes her own life away. She is crashing and burning fast.
    Yes, she needs to move away from L.A. But she won't. She's very similar to Anna Nicole in her need for attention, even bad attention. I don't see what anyone can do for her. If she loses her kids, I predict she'll get even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post

And from what I've read in this thread, she doesn't meet criteria for hospitalization against her will.

Anybody else get this fleeting thought that it might be a publicity stunt? Yeah, yeah, it's probably not, but it just struck me that America loves an underdog, and we tend to forgive public figures who hit rock bottom & then rise like a phoenix from the ashes. Like Whitney. It's easier to 'forgive' a celeb for saving themselves from drugs & mental illness than it is to forgive them for becoming unattractive & uncool.
    I agree with this. More people will be watching her every move to see how she comes out of this and this means more attention for her.

There's always pictures of her reading the gossips rags, I bet she can't wait to see what will be written about her new publicity stunt.

Silver Member

Also, I do not know as much about Post-Departum Depresion. But she did have two babies one after the other, and could this be as a result of PPD?

Quote Originally Posted by justagirl05 View Post
    In some rehab centers if you refuse a drug test so that they can evaluate what form of detox to suit you, they will use hair to test it, as everything comes up in the hair and such. I think her shaving her hair is probably in part to not wanting to "submit" and "acknowledge" drug usage and might parttake in why she left the rehab.

I don't think she thinks she's that far gone. How long till we have another ANS story, this time the star is "Britney"
    Good fucking point. But she's still a hopeless, pathetic idiot. The bald head gives her look more of an edge, but you can't hide her special kind of stupid. It's right there in the eyes for all the world to see.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by moomies View Post
    I had a thought last night after reading this thread... maybe she doesn't want custody of her kids.
    That's what occurred to me after I read she'd left rehab.

Of course now we're hearing she didn't really check in. I'm surprised, Harvey Levin said they have sources, so he must be pissed if it's true.

Silver Member

i think I read somewhere that she confirmed she did have it with SP? Or have i just read way too much about her now.

the truth is, the photos on x17 especially are really disturbing.

Does anyone think it COULD be a re-style gone wrong? it was stated that the hairdresses refused to do anything to her hair, so maybe Britney went in for another dye job (which would be like the 4th in a month) and the hairdresser refused on the grounds of damaging the hair so Britney took the razor and went bananas? There's something of a temper tantrum about these pics, as well as a bit f psychotic rage.

My heart is heavy seeing her. i'm not feeling sorry for her just heavy-hearted as I said. She's only a month older than me, ad it scares me. Married twice, two kids, all this stuff over the past year; I've barely left the country more than 10 times. What a different life.

Look how far she has fallen from this.

YouTube - sometimes - britney spears

From this to poptart to the wretchedness that she is today.

Actually this youtube video starting making me feel sorry for her. I am such a sap.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

I' ll say it, I do feel sorry for her.... I wish there was someone in her life that could get through to her.
    "Shit, I think I just confused myself. QUICK! Somebody hand me chalk, a chalkboard and Will Hunting's brain!" michael k -dlisted

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    Look how far she has fallen from this.

YouTube - sometimes - britney spears

From this to poptart to the wretchedness that she is today.

Actually this youtube video starting making me feel sorry for her. I am such a sap.
    No you're not. That's a normal reaction! I think Britney is Milli Vanilli. That, and the young pimping, the drug use and the probability that her baby is the one with the health problems (in addition to having two small children as a single mother), was enough to send her over the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by ediebrooks View Post
    Shaving your head doesn't mean you're crazy. I told you guys about my friend who shaved her head when she was plastered. The chick liked to drink, and she may have had some issues, but she was not certifiable. A girl who lived across the hall from me in my dorm my freshman year of college also shaved her head. The reason: she was freaked out about her parents' divorce. She was no candidate for the looney bin.
    I was trying to express that it can be an indicator if taken with other actions & the cummulative effect can be... etc etc.
    Shaving your head when you're wankered is just that if you don't have any other issues.
    My experiences is that my friends have self harmed at the same time as doing drastic things with their hair - including setting it on fire.

I'm not a Britney Spears fan, I was just calling it was I saw it - her behavious appears (to me) to be self-destructive.
    Maybe it's all her fault, maybe she's surrounded by enablers (fame-pimp mother?) but she has two kids & it's them I feel sorry for.
    Cycles of abuse/self-abuse need to be broken (I believe that her father has substance abuse issues?) with parents & grand-parents like this what chance do those poor kids have?
    Roll on social services & get them poor boys into a safer enviroment!

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    No you're not. That's a normal reaction! I think Britney is Milli Vanilli. That, and the young pimping, the drug use and the probability that her baby is the one with the health problems (in addition to having two small children as a single mother), was enough to send her over the edge.
    (You forget the post-patrum depression, Mira. And I wonder how close to the mark you are! Closer than we think!?)

Thread Information