Thread: UK Celebrity Big Brother star in jail threat over 'gorilla' coat

Default UK Celebrity Big Brother star in jail threat over 'gorilla' coat

FREAKY Pete Burns could be JAILED for five years for parading in illegal gorilla fur.
    The former Dead Or Alive singer disgusted housemates and animal rights groups by saying his coat was made of the endangered animal skin.

Police confirmed yesterday they will investigate how Burns, 46, acquired the garment. And biodiversity minister Jim Knight warned the Eighties star could face “serious consequences” if his claims are true.

Trading in endangered animal body parts carries a maximum prison sentence of five years and a fine of £5,000. Even owning gorilla skin without a permit is illegal.

Mr Knight said: “Gorilla skins belong on gorillas, not on reality TV show contestants. Any skin acquired after June 1947 would require an exemption permit, which would be highly unlikely to be granted.”

He added: “Any promotion of gorilla products can only put these creatures in further peril.”

The coat also caused rows with animal-loving housemates.

But Burns was unrepentant and said: “That thrills me. I wish I had a sable coat and a chinchilla dressing gown — and every other fur I could lay my hands on.”

Gorilla coats are extremely rare and experts doubt that Pete’s OTT fashion is real.
    thesun.co.uk

Default Re: UK Celebrity Big Brother star in jail threat over 'gorilla' coat

what a shithead.

It doesn't really look like gorilla to me

Default Pete Burns may face jail after BigBrother

I just heard on the radio that Celebrity Big Brother contestant and plastic surgery fanatic Pete Burns may face an unlimited fine and a maximum of 5 years in jail after bringing what seems to be a real silver back coat in to the house.

The coat has already sparked arguments with Pete’s fellow housemates who believe wearing fur is cruel. But it is apparently illegal to wear the fur of an endangered species such as the silver back gorilla.

I think he's out of order taking the coat in to the house. I don't like people wearing real fur anyway but to do it in front of the whole nation, he's just asking for trouble. I wouldn't be surprised if they had to bring him out of the back door when he exits the bb house, some crazy, enraged member of the PETA might try to shoot him or something!!
    Last edited by MaryJane; January 10th, 2006 at 01:01 PM.
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

I don;t think Pete is that stupid to go in the house with a real gorilla coat.
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

I think the idea is hideous, and can't imagine why anyone would want to do that.

However.. when I went on a behind the scenes tour of the arctic at Sea World, they explained that killing polar bears is illegal, and it's illegal to own polar bear fur. Except that it's legal if it's done by certain aboriginal tribes under specific conditions, and you can own the fur if you have an authentication certificate stating how it was obtained.

So I'm just saying - there are possibilities that illegal fur was legally obtained. If it was done illegally, he belongs in jail. If it was legally done, then he's morally reprehensible.

Thread Information