Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Heath Ledger moves to New York to escape paparazzi

SVZ

Default Heath Ledger moves to New York to escape paparazzi

Australian movie hunk HEATH LEDGER moved out of Hollywood to start family life in New York because he was sick of being hounded by the paparazzi.

The KNIGHT'S TALE star now lives with girlfriend MICHELLE WILLIAMS and their baby MATILDA in Boerum Hill, New York and he admits it's a relief not to have to outrace persistent photographers every time he goes out.

He explains to gay magazine The Advocate, "If you were going to the f**king 7-Eleven (convenience store) or going to drop your girl off at yoga or going to the dentist, anywhere, they just follow you.

"There just happens to be, I guess, a bunch of celebrities that live in the (Hollywood) hills... and there are cars just everywhere, parked at the bottom of streets. And they know your car, so as soon as you go down there, they follow you.

"I don't want to raise my child in that environment. It was hard enough for Michelle to have to feel like she had to outrun these people.

"She would just turn her car around and not go to an appointment, or she wouldn't go visit a friend because she has cars following her; she would just come home and burst into tears."

07/01/2006 01:06
    Contact Music

Default Re: Heath Ledger moves to New York to escape paparazzi

Glad SOME celebrities can figure it out: if you don't like the environment, leave.
    At least he's not like Jen Aniston, buying a house ON THE BEACH in Malibu then strolling around in "message" t-shirts, sunbathing topless then complaining when they get shots.......!!!

That sucks because they just bought a house, too.

Now here is a celebrity I truly feel for.

I agree but surely there are more private places than the Big Apple to move to?

Quote Originally Posted by Classic Broad
    Glad SOME celebrities can figure it out: if you don't like the environment, leave.
    At least he's not like Jen Aniston, buying a house ON THE BEACH in Malibu then strolling around in "message" t-shirts, sunbathing topless then complaining when they get shots.......!!!
    JA can do what she wants. She's on her own private property, and the paps are taking pix of her with telephoto lens. AND she can complain about it, too. I hold nothing against her.

I think it's a shame that Heath Ledger got run out of town. But my question is: New York? You think the paps won't hound you there???

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

How about somewhere in South Carolina or Iowa where there are few paparazzi. New York is over-crowded, noisy, dirty and the people can be crabby. It is just as hard to make a Hollywood movie from New York as it is Iowa.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Exclamation Re: Heath Ledger moves to New York to escape paparazzi

Quote Originally Posted by WickedHo
    JA can do what she wants. She's on her own private property, and the paps are taking pix of her with telephoto lens. AND she can complain about it, too. I hold nothing against her.

I think it's a shame that Heath Ledger got run out of town. But my question is: New York? You think the paps won't hound you there???
    I agree, why all this Jen bashing, she's done nothing wrong, for god's sake.
    I believe Heath and Michelle bought a house in Australia, either Perth or Sydney, so they'll probably commute. Paparazzi are not very common downunder in a big way at all, not the States and UK.

Bronze Member

I also agree that Jen has nothing to do with this..shes a single woman who doesnt have to re-arrange her life in order to live it normally.

I applaude heath ledger for wanting to improve standards of living for his (soon to be) wife and baby. but i was also questioning NY; i mean, paris hilton+fam got MORE attention after they moved from LA to NY.
    hope it all works out

Gold Member

They live in a uppity area of Brooklyn. I know because I live there and not too many paparazzi are here. You know I heard a radio interview with Mary J. Blige and she said " you have to learn to play the game all they want is a picture; it comes with the territory. There are sometimes when you do not want to be bothered but there are worst problems. Now if you want to be a recluse and have them run you down with your children they will." Like we poor nine to fivers have duties on our jobs, taking pictures is a part of their job. I believe most celebrities are egocentric, self-important pigs who whine like children when anything or any body make their lavish lifestyle uncomfortable for a few minutes. Get over it he should be happy someone wants to take pictures of his little brat and bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by ray shawn
    They live in a uppity area of Brooklyn. I know because I live there and not too many paparazzi are here. You know I heard a radio interview with Mary J. Blige and she said " you have to learn to play the game all they want is a picture; it comes with the territory. There are sometimes when you do not want to be bothered but there are worst problems. Now if you want to be a recluse and have them run you down with your children they will." Like we poor nine to fivers have duties on our jobs, taking pictures is a part of their job. I believe most celebrities are egocentric, self-important pigs who whine like children when anything or any body make their lavish lifestyle uncomfortable for a few minutes. Get over it he should be happy someone wants to take pictures of his little brat and bitch.
    Really cool - I lived on Pineapple for a while.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

Quote Originally Posted by ray shawn
    By adding the stipulation "for a few minutes" your argument completely fell apart. It's ALL THE TIME that really famous celebs have to contend with paparazzi, not for a few minutes out of the day. And, by the way, being hounded by paparazzi IS NOT part of an actor's job. Actors GET PAID for what they do. So when they're not on set, they are OFF THE CLOCK.

So there's nothing for Heath Ledger (or anyone else) to "get over." I hope you win a mega-million-dollar lottery one day, become famous, and then get hounded by photogs. THEN you'll be whining about it, and I'll laugh and laugh and laugh at you!

Pay me a few million for a 3-6-12 month job - you can take my picture in public. I mean you get paid to be an icon of sort whether you are on the job or off.
    Lao-tzu

I think it's only been the last few years the the stalkanazis have gotten out of control. They get paid BIG bucks! I bought those gossip magazines til I started coming here but I guess we're still contributing. Fame and fortune is a very double edged sword. Unfortunately there IS a price to pay and that is your privacy.
    I feel a tad bad for celebs but they want it all so bad then when they GET IT they cry foul. Oh, and I don't want to hear celebs say they just want to ACT. IF that's all they wanted there is stage acting that must be rewarding without the insane fame.

I think the catch is that only certain celebs are ALWAYS being photographed - I think the ones that really value their privacy behave like the everyday joe and don't bring rediculous attention to themselves but how they dress, behave, socialize or "speak their mind" about nonesense.
    Lao-tzu

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information