Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mills McCartney horrified by Peta video

SVZ

Default Mills McCartney horrified by Peta video

MILLS McCARTNEY HORRIFIED BY PETA VIDEO

Model-turned-activist HEATHER MILLS McCARTNEY is furious with Chinese officials after watching hours of video footage of dogs and cats being skinned alive for their fur.

Animal rights group People For the Ethical Treatment of Animals obtained the footage after infiltrating a Chinese dog and cat 'warehouse' this summer (05) and Mills McCartney has agreed to air the harrowing video on her website.

But Mills McCartney, who lost her leg in a motorbike accident, admits that watching the footage made her furious with Chinese officials who refuse to outlaw the "barbaric" practice - because she feels for the animal victims.

She fumes, "We watched hours of it (footage) and the dog is still alive for 20 minutes, it's still blinking and shaking and just in total shock.

"I know, from losing my leg... the endorphin and the adrenalin rushes in and you feel the pain but then you're just in absolute shock.

"It's (dog) lying there in complete shock and then they just throw it on another pile of flesh."

Mills McCartney has also exploded the myth that the Chinese eat dog flesh, despite reports to the contrary.

She adds, "The dog that they eat and have the meat from, they don't use its skin or its fur, and the dog whose skin and fur is used, they don't eat the meat. It's barbaric."

13/12/2005 09:42

Contact Music

Default Re: Mills McCartney horrified by Peta video

that makes me sooo mad.

Gold Member

Assholes

I don't understand how those people can do that a live with themselves.They must not have any souls.

P.S.What do they do with the fur? I mean who wears dog fur??? Ugh, don't want to think about this anymore.I wish I hadn't opened this post
    Last edited by euro-kitty; December 13th, 2005 at 08:58 AM.

I hope she and Paul can use their considerable influence to bring about a change. I'm sure they'd get a lot of support. I don't even know what to say I'm so mad.

Those dog pelts are often sold in this country as cheap fur coats. I can't remember what they put on the lable, but it is dog, and people buy and wear it because they think they are cool and have to wear fur. I don't know whta they do with the cat fur, but the whole concept of skinning animals alive is abhorent to me. And I don't see any purpose, except people want to make money.
    Keep passing the open windows.

Quote Originally Posted by Glasgow53
    Those dog pelts are often sold in this country as cheap fur coats. I can't remember what they put on the lable, but it is dog, and people buy and wear it because they think they are cool and have to wear fur. I don't know whta they do with the cat fur, but the whole concept of skinning animals alive is abhorent to me. And I don't see any purpose, except people want to make money.

In what country is it "cool" to wear DOG fur???? SHUDDERING

When I was in my early 20's my then boyfriend bought me a fur coat -I don't know what the fuck he was thinking,but I told him to take it back because there was no way I was going to wear dead animals skins.

Ugh---this is one thread I wished I hadn't opened too. The details in the article make me sick!!!

Ok, while I'm in totally agreement that this practice is sick and disgusting, why in the hell did she watch hours of the footage? Isn't about 30 seconds more than any of us could stomach? I'm all for animal rights but she gives a bad name to animal activists IMO.

I feel really sick after reading that, just reading it quickly was enough to burn a horrible image in my mind so I don't know how she could manage to stomach watching it for hours either, she's a stronger woman than I am for sure.

But just by reading that has reminded us all what really happens, no matter how horrible. I hope that their raising awareness again of this awful practice has some benefits.

Gold Member

There was a Ragdoll breeder online who had been contacted by someone who was requesting specific colors. Long story short, she started getting a bad feeling because of some conflicting information being given from the person, bad payments and various other problems. She cancelled the sale with the person and looked into it a little more and after talking to other breeders found out that this person was using some of the cats to breed and others to skin. How someone can do that to an animal like that is just horrifying. And I'm not one who is against all meat and killing and all. I have family that hunt and we get deer meat. I am against cruelty and waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball
    Ok, while I'm in totally agreement that this practice is sick and disgusting, why in the hell did she watch hours of the footage? Isn't about 30 seconds more than any of us could stomach? I'm all for animal rights but she gives a bad name to animal activists IMO.
    THANK you, Bella! You just beat me to saying it!

I'm all for animal rights, too, but something about Heather McCartney makes me want to beat her with her amputated leg. She's both smug and whiny, if such a thing is possible.
    Well-behaved women seldom make history - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by Teceth
    something about Heather McCartney makes me want to beat her with her amputated leg. She's both smug and whiny, if such a thing is possible.

Ooh,I can't stand the bitch (!!!) but if she can bring more attention to this barbaric practice and help bring an end to it then I'll tolerate her!

Argh, I wish I hadn't opened this thread!! But having read this, it makes me want to murder the monsters who do these things.

Euro-Kitty, people apparently feel it is cool to wear fur in this country! I see plenty of fur coats and fur trimmed things. And when I lived in Luxembourg in Europe, I saw tons of them over there. My best friend over there who was gorgeous, looked like Debbie Harry when she was young, was very anti-fur. She would walk up to fur coat wearers and say, "That looked so much better on the animal." As long as there is a market for fur, there will exist a market to abuse and maim animals just for that purpose. I eat meat, too, but I don't necessarily think everything on this earth was put here for me to use or abuse as I see fit. Some people don't feel that way.

As far as wearing dog fur, I think most of the people that do don't realize what they are wearing. The examples I have seen they called it something else, not dog on the label.
    Keep passing the open windows.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information