Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Athina Onassis to Wed Brazilian Horseman

Default Athina Onassis to Wed Brazilian Horseman

Set to wed in Brazil Saturday: Greek billionaire Athina Roussel Onassis, 20, granddaughter and sole heiress of the late shipping magnate (and onetime husband of Jacqueline Kennedy) Aristotle Onassis, and Brazilian equestrian star Alvaro Alfonso de Miranda, the 32-year-old son of an insurance company owner.

Clearly, this will be no ordinary ceremony. The wedding will be held at the Maria Luiza and Oscar Americano Foundation, an 18.5-acre spread that includes a museum, a tea house and a cultural center.

The wedding will be a "family affair" attended by some 750 guests, according to the groom's father, Ricardo Miranda. At least 400 private security guards will be deployed to protect the guests – who must first pass through two metal detectors – and keep out paparazzi.

The bride, who was raised in Switzerland by her French-born father, Thierry Roussel, and inherited an estimated $2.7 billion from her grandfather on her 18th birthday, will wear a dress by Valentino, the elder Miranda said. It remains to be seen whether Roussel, who engaged in a bitter legal battle against the estate to stake a claim in the Onassis fortune, will attend his daughter's wedding.

Among other details that have leaked out: The marriage will be an ecumenical ceremony, because Onassis is Greek Orthodox and the groom is a divorced Roman Catholic. The couple – who share a love for horses and met in 2002 at a riding center in Belgium – reportedly signed a prenuptial agreement protecting all assets acquired before marriage.

Already they share a $7.2 million, 10,650-sq.-ft. apartment in Sao Paulo with Viviane, Miranda's 6-year-old daughter from his previous marriage.

In lieu of wedding presents, the couple reportedly has asked that guests donate money to the Aconchego Day Care Center for underprivileged children.
    From People Magazine

I bet he's singing "I'm in to money...I'm in to money.."
    http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a147/snoopac/fyou.gif What I feel like doing at work every day.

Default Re: Athina Onassis to Wed Brazilian Horseman

so he's 12 years older- shes a step-mom @ 20 he's the son of a insurance salesman and rides horsies shes worth billions him.. not so much

only the rich

god they both look like that have to much in-breeding swimmin in their gene pools

she is ugly. and she she is stupid. she's a winner all around.
    http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/8910/congo36xq.jpg
    la maison est où le sang est
    avatar credit http://www.livejournal.com/users/teh_indy/

eva

Is this the European version of Zitney and K-fed?

Gold Member

I see her mother's tragedy happening all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by ray shawn View Post
    I see her mother's tragedy happening all over again.
    Yeah, her mother seemed to have such a miserable life, in spite of her money. Athina is more attractive than her mom, at least at this point. Don't know if that's a good thing....
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Money can't buy happiness. If anyone should know it, it's those Onassis folk.

My best wishes go out to her. She's going to need it.....

Poor girl. Wasn't she raised by her dad and his wife who was his mistress while he was married to her mom. I remembered a while ago I saw a pic of Alvaro Alfonso's ex-wife who he left for AThina. The ex was gorgeous. He is so using her. All the men in her life suxs

Quote Originally Posted by eva View Post
    Is this the European version of Zitney and K-fed?
    for the record, he is NEVER in tabloids. he lives a very low profile life, rich and they have been dating for ages.

fgg

People: Athina Onassis & Doda Miranda have been separated since March

Even though Sunday’s story about Athina Onassis was terrible (terrible for Athina), I have to say that I’m pleased that so many people were interested in gossiping about Athina. I find her fascinating! And very gossip-worthy, even though she’s not particularly scandalous. The people around her are scandalous, from her douchebag father to her now-estranged husband Doda Miranda. Doda began romancing Athina when she was still a teenager, and they got married in 2005. They’ve spent the last decade focusing on horses and Athina’s equestrian career. They are both very horsey people, meaning that “loving horses” is a full-time thing and they only seemed to hang out with other horse people. Reportedly, Athina’s security found Doda in bed with the sister of one of those horse people a few weeks ago. And now it looks like Athina and Doda’s marriage is over.

French-Greek heiress Athina Onassis de Miranda and her handsome husband Alvado “Doda” de Miranda Neto have separated, the Brazilian Olympian’s spokeswoman confirms to PEOPLE.

“Anyone who has been through a separation knows how painful it is,” the spokeswoman said, adding, “Doda Miranda and Athina Onassis were married for eleven years and on this journey they shared a life, a love for horses, for sports and for family.”

A source close to the international equestrian tells PEOPLE that the split was caused by Miranda’s alleged cheating.

“When Athina learned of Doda’s cheating in March, she left Wellington, Florida, and has not returned,” the source tells PEOPLE. “She initially fled to Belgium.”

Miranda’s spokeswoman slams reports of an affair, however, telling PEOPLE of the couple, “They maintain a cordial relationship and would like to be able to go through this painful moment with the maximum privacy and respect and not be the victims of any more defamation and dishonest news.” PEOPLE’s attempts to reach Athina Onassis were unsuccessful.

Other sources in the equestrian community are still not sure, though, if the 11-year marriage will end in divorce.

“Doda has been dating the sister of another equestrian as well as engaging in a series of casual relationships,” a source tells PEOPLE. “He has a reputation and their marital issues were the talk of the winter jumping season.”

The heiress, 31, and Miranda, 43, spend winters show jumping in Wellington, the tight-knit equestrian community west of Palm Beach, Florida, where Jessica Springsteen, Georgina Bloomberg, Hillary Dobbs and Jennifer Gates also participate in the sport. Although they live in Sao Paulo, Brazil, the couple spend portions of the summer jumping in different cities of Europe. They have also lived in Belgium with Miranda’s two children from a previous relationship. They bought a $2 million winter home in Wellington last year, and have a great deal in common, especially their passion for horses, riding and being around stables, barns and other horse-loving people.

[From People]

So, the confirmation of the split comes from his spokesperson, who I can also assume is the source for the quote about how the rumors of his infidelity are “defaming.” What’s also interesting is that while the elite horsey community is insular, there’s always a lot of gossip within the group. My guess is that all of Athina and Doda’s friends in Europe, America and Brazil knew all about his alleged affair/affairs. Meaning someone will talk soon enough, especially if/when Athina files for divorce. My gut says that Doda probably has a mistress on the side already.

Cele|bitchy | People: Athina Onassis & Doda Miranda have been separated since March
    arie_skop likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

^No kids?
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

fgg

i read somewhere a few days ago that she had a miscarriage a couple of years ago. who knows if that is true or not.

Athina with her dad.

fgg

Athina Onassis going through with the divorce: how much money will Doda get?

We learned last month that Athina Onassis had separated from her husband of 11 years, Doda Miranda, following widespread gossip that Doda had been cheating on Athina. Athina, often called “the Last Onassis,” has a fortune that is likely worth around $800 million to a billion dollars. Doda seduced Athina when she was just 17 years old, and they were married when she was 20. While they don’t have children of their own, they were raising Doda’s daughter Viviane, a child from Doda’s previous relationship. The last we heard, Athina had learned of Doda’s infidelity – with a woman involved in their same elite, horsey community – and Athina had fled Florida for her home in Belgium. We also heard that Doda was hellbent on winning Athina back.

Well, it doesn’t look like Doda was able to work his (questionable) charm. While English-language media has been pretty quiet since Athina’s rep confirmed the separation, the Spanish-language and Portuguese-language outlets have gotten some interesting information. And in case you’re wondering how and why, it’s because Doda is Brazilian and he and Athina own some great property in Brazil. They are well-known figures in South America. So, I’m going off of Google Translate for much of this information, but I think it’s solid. This is what I learned from El Mundo & Hola:

Athina and Doda have submitted their divorce papers in Belgium. The papers were filed June 16th, and Athina and Doda both have lawyers and they met face-to-face in a closed hearing in Brussels. It seems like this is not going to be some long, drawn-out divorce battle, and that Athina and Doda and their lawyers will be meeting privately in the next few months to work everything out, probably because Athina doesn’t want all of this playing out in the press. Athina asked that the court freeze all of their joint bank accounts, which the court accepted. It will take a few months (apparently until September) to work out all of the real estate issues, because Athina’s real estate holdings are VAST, and some of the holdings are held in both of their names.

It does look like Doda and Athina signed a prenup before marriage. The prenup states that Doda is entitled to something like $1 million for each year of marriage, meaning he walks away with $11 million total? But Hola says that Doda will likely ask for more. It also looks like Athina is interested in still being a part of Viviane’s life, and she wants some sort of custodial arrangement with her stepdaughter. Athina also asked the court to formally change her name, removing “Miranda” from her legal name. She had been going by Athina Onassis de Miranda, and now she’ll be either Athina Onassis or Athina Onassis Roussel (although I doubt she’ll go back to Roussel).

While I’m glad that Athina didn’t let Doda talk his way back into her bed/life, I’m still sad for Athina. She really loved Doda and I hope she’s okay.

Cele|bitchy | Athina Onassis going through with the divorce: how much money will Doda get?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information