Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The ex-friends of Jacko

Default The ex-friends of Jacko

New York Daily News
    December 2, 2005

The ex-friends of Jacko: Finally, it's safe for music-biz types to say something negative about Michael Jackson. Billy Joel reveals in the upcoming issue of Rolling Stone that he isn't a huge fan of Jackson's notoriously cheesy 1985 charity hit, "We Are the World," never mind that the tune features Joel singing along with Bruce Springsteen, Lionel Richie, Tina Turner and others. "I remember most of us who were there didn't like the song, but nobody would say so," Joel tells the mag. "I think Cyndi Lauper leaned over to me and said, 'It sounds like a Pepsi commercial.' And I didn't disagree." As for Jacko, Joel confesses that even back then, "Michael was constantly applying makeup."
    Scariest Halloween mask ever > > >

Default Re: The ex-friends of Jacko

Oh, it's so classy to kick someone when they're down. If Joel had had any backbone, he would've complained right there, right then at the spot, when Jackson was still top of the bill. Boy, he disappoints me now.
    And no, I'm not a Jackson fan. I liked some of the Jackson Five and later Jacksons songs, and some of his earlier work. Not a Joel fan either, though Goodnight Saigon is one of my all time favorite songs as is Honesty.
    But the type of behavior Joel is succumbing to now simply irritates me.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

^^ I agree, HWBL. I respect a man with balls. Apparently, Joel didn't have 'em.

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WickedHo View Post
    He traded his balls for a six pack of Mickies Big Mouth Malt Liquor..

Mj back then was a god, he was untouchable. He had the music, nay the whole media industry in his pocket. If you piped up, you'd find yourself turfed.

As for Mj, dude had that skin disease and he probably looked like a fuckin Holstein cow, all patchy and shit. No wonder he was dabbin at his fucked up face with the Mary Kay.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Gold Member

Why can't people leave Michael alone? Jesus Christ. The man does not live here anymore. He was successfully run out of the US. Pick on someone else for fuck's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Mj back then was a god, he was untouchable. He had the music, nay the whole media industry in his pocket. If you piped up, you'd find yourself turfed.

As for Mj, dude had that skin disease and he probably looked like a fuckin Holstein cow, all patchy and shit. No wonder he was dabbin at his fucked up face with the Mary Kay.
    True dat! I just thought that Joel's career by that point would be able to bear the brunt of backlash. *shrug* I miss Michael Jackson. Now we're just stuck with a crazy white lady!

Quote Originally Posted by ray shawn View Post
    Why can't people leave Michael alone? Jesus Christ. The man does not live here anymore. He was successfully run out of the US. Pick on someone else for fuck's sake.
    Yeah, but if the freak is smuggling coke and illegal prescription drugs? Slap him in jail.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

We can't speak of him since he's no longer in the USA?

Michael had it ALL. Talent, money, and the adoration of the ENTIRE WORLD, with no age limit or color barrier. EVERYONE loved him in the 80s! (And actually, throngs of people still adore him.)

But he decides to sleep with 13 year olds, and expects us all to believe it's innocent and child-like. Yes, blame the 13 year olds parents, too, for allowing this to happen, but there is no way a grown man can convince me it's "normal" to sleep with young boys who aren't his sons.

Billy Joel's comments were harmless, JMO.
    Let's AV DIS!

Quote Originally Posted by WickedHo View Post

I think country singer Waylon Jennings walked out on the recording session

^^ Reeeeally? Interesting...

I don't blame him for not saying anything at the time. There was a huge movement back then to raise money for the cause, and to publicly complain about the song would have been justifiably viewed as negative, attention-seeking, distracting, etc. Maybe he *did* privately tell Michael. Who knows. Under the circumstances at that time, I wouldn't have wanted to make waves, either.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by milky*mcgee View Post
    We can't speak of him since he's no longer in the USA?

Michael had it ALL. Talent, money, and the adoration of the ENTIRE WORLD, with no age limit or color barrier. EVERYONE loved him in the 80s! (And actually, throngs of people still adore him.)

But he decides to sleep with 13 year olds, and expects us all to believe it's innocent and child-like. Yes, blame the 13 year olds parents, too, for allowing this to happen, but there is no way a grown man can convince me it's "normal" to sleep with young boys who aren't his sons.

Billy Joel's comments were harmless, JMO.
    Nobody says you can not speak of him however when everything is negative there is a problem. Everyone loved michael when he was on top but now that no one wants to touch him with a ten foot pole he is the butt of everybody's joke. It really pisses me off. The man was found not guilty and I know it bothers some people. Get over it. You have plenty of buffoon celebrities that live here, that is willing to deal with the unrealistic pressures society heaps upon them. Fuck with them. And for the people who want to debate and says he molested that young man I believe he is guilty but 12 of his peers thought otherwise. Find another scapegoat! It is getting tired.

The 12 peers may not have believed him to be not guilty, but just might not have had the evidence to convict. *having flashbacks to another thread* I think a couple of the jurors have even come forward & said that. I can see you feel strongly about this ray shawn, and I don't mean to argue, but MJ is a one-of-a-kind character, and fair game for commentary, wherever he lives. JMO.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Nobody says you can not speak of him however when everything is negative there is a problem.Everyone loved michael when he was on top but now that no one wants to touch him with a ten foot pole he is the butt of everybody's joke. It really pisses me off. The man was found not guilty and I know it bothers some people. Get over it. You have plenty of buffoon celebrities that live here, that is willing to deal with the unrealistic pressures society heaps upon them. Fuck with them. And for the people who want to debate and says he molested that young man I believe he is guilty but 12 of his peers thought otherwise. Find another scapegoat! It is getting tired.
    OK, this negates your original post. See below:
    So is Michael Jackson the only celebrity we're not allowed to trash? Who else is on your list, hmmm?? Perhaps you should start a thread titled "RayShawn's List of Celebs That Are Fair Game"??? Because, seriously, this is a message board that specifically gossips about celebs. Kinda ridiculous of you to expect The King of Pop not to be talked about!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information