Thread: Lenny Kravitz to play Hendrix?

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Default Kravitz to play Hendrix?

Lenny Kravitz in Talks to Play Jimi Hendrix

You read it here first: Lenny Kravitz is now in talks to play Jimi Hendrix in a biopic of the most famous guitarist in rock history.

Sources tell me that Kravitz has secured the dramatic rights to Hendrix’s music through his estate, and that his plan is to make his acting debut with the independent film.

Lee Daniels, who directed the forthcoming "Shadowboxer" and produced "Monster’s Ball," is said to be the producer/director.

Kravitz is a natural to play Hendrix, from his look to his musical ability. And he may have the acting gene since his mother, the late Roxie Roker, was a star of "The Jeffersons" on TV in the 1970s.

One thing the producers might have to do during post-production is eliminate Lenny’s many trademark tattoos. This is a lesson for all you kids out there getting tats: one day you may not want them. They’re not easy to eliminate.

So now we’ve had biopics of Ray Charles and Johnny Cash, and this new Hendrix movie. Plus, of course, Tina Turner and Jerry Lee Lewis in recent years. What’s next?

How about Jackie Wilson, Sam Cooke and Marvin Gaye? And how about Mary Wilson’s “Dreamgirl” autobiography about The Supremes? Now, that’s a story people would line up to hear. Instead, they may have to settle for the musical “Dreamgirls” being turned into an upcoming film

OH DEAR GOD NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! !!!!!

Why desecrate the memory of my beloved Hendrix by having this wanna-be poser play him. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! !

Fucking hell...
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Elite Member

Default Re: Kravitz to play Hendrix?

Doesn't surprise me, actually. But has Lenny Kravitz ever actually acted? He's got a similar look, but if he can't act, it doesn't matter.

Now Val Kilmer did an excellent portrayal of Jim Morrison!

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    Doesn't surprise me, actually. But has Lenny Kravitz ever actually acted? He's got a similar look, but if he can't act, it doesn't matter.

Now Val Kilmer did an excellent portrayal of Jim Morrison!
    me neither I can see it!!

UM WTF? Like seriously. I can't believe that stupid bitch of a stepsister would let LENNY FREAKIN KRAVITZ play Jimi over Andre Benjamin. I don't believe this. I really hope this isn't true. I was so excited about the buzz when Andre was gonna play Jimi. I think he would have been awesome. But then they say no because stupid June wouln't allow it. Now THIS? Lenny goddamned Kravitz. This is ridiculous.
    Good luck exploring the infinite abyss!

Silver Member

JUST BE GLAD THEY DIDNT ASK 50 CENT

Default Re: Lenny Kravitz to play Hendrix?

First off, Lenny has always been unoriginal and copied Jimi to the fullest in his entire career. Second, I hate when they say that there is an 'acting' gene. C'mon.. If my father flew planes - doesn't mean that I can do it without training.

Thread Information