Thread: Father-in-law: Boycott Amy Winehouse albums

Default Father-in-law: Boycott Amy Winehouse albums

Amy Winehouse's father-in law says fans should stop buying her records to force the singer to seek help for what he called a drug addiction.

Giles Fielder-Civil said he believed Winehouse and his son, Blake Fielder-Civil, had used cocaine, crack cocaine and heroin and were in "abject denial" about their problem.

"I think they believe they are recreational users of drugs and they are in control," Fielder-Civil told British Broadcasting Corp. radio Tuesday. "Clearly they are addicts."

He said fans should send a message to Winehouse "that her addiction and her behavior are not acceptable."

"Perhaps it is time to stop buying records," Fielder-Civil said. "It's a possibility, to send that message."

However, Winehouse's father said a boycott would do little good.

"It's all clutching at straws," Mitch Winehouse told the BBC. "There's only one way out of this, and anybody with any drug experience will tell you ... that the only way out of this is not sectioning them, not locking them up. At some point they are going to reach rock bottom ... and at that point they will say, `Listen, I don't want to do this anymore.'"

Giles Fielder-Civil said Winehouse's record label should be more "pro-active in helping the couple to get better."

Island Records couldn't immediately be reached for comment.

Winehouse, 23, has built her reputation on a soulful voice and a hard-partying image. Her most recent album, "Back to Black," topped the British charts and produced the hit single "Rehab."

Concern for her health has grown since Winehouse was taken to a hospital earlier this month for "severe exhaustion" and spent a short stint in a rehab facility. She has since canceled a series of British concerts and postponed a tour of the U.S. and Canada.

Last week, newspaper pictures showed Winehouse and Blake Fielder-Civil bloody and bruised, apparently after a fight in a London hotel.

Gossip Web site perezhilton.com said it had received text messages from Winehouse denying Fielder-Civil was responsible for her injuries.

Father-in-law: Boycott Winehouse albums - Yahoo! News

when she stops making money for the record label (which might be pretty soon, given the cancelled tours) then they'll dump her stank ass and she might wake up.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I never started buying her albums so this doesn't apply to me.

Hit By Ban Bus!

never liked her, she's gross's me out!

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    I never started buying her albums so this doesn't apply to me.
    Me either. Although her sound is pretty good, but I don't buy CD's anymore. That's what the internet is for, pissing off Metallica one download at a time!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

I have Back to Black...I love it. Boycotting her music is not going to help her, IMO. Amy needs to change for Amy...that's the only way it's going to work.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

I haven't bought any of her albums though I've downloaded a few of her songs. As for this 'boycott', it is very stupid. No one would listen and like that's going to help any.

If she wants to change, I'm sure she will. It's up to her and its her life. She'll do what she wants and when she wants.

I love her music. She's so talented.

Daddy-in-law loves to run off at the mouth over this couple... wonder how much he's selling his soul to some Brit tabloid for with all these little tidbits???
    vaya con dios

If I would boycott all music created by drug users or former drug users, I wouldn't have much to listen to. Heroin addicts have made some great albums.

^^Truer words!

Thanks for the advice, but I'd rather listen to music that is actually good rather than base my tastes on the singer's personal character.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxmobster View Post
    Me either. Although her sound is pretty good, but I don't buy CD's anymore. That's what the internet is for, pissing off Metallica one download at a time!

Quote Originally Posted by prnjcq7 View Post
    I have Back to Black...I love it. Boycotting her music is not going to help her, IMO. Amy needs to change for Amy...that's the only way it's going to work.
    Werd. If he is so concerned, would he be running his mouth in the media? This could bite him in the ass. If there's a boycott, how will Winehouse support his lazy son?

Thread Information