Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pete and Kate to move to States

Default Pete and Kate to move to States

KATE MOSS and PETE DOHERTY are planning to quit London for the US.

The troubled two have been talking about building a new life in America after Pete finishes his latest spell in rehab.

THE BABYSHAMBLES frontman checked into The Meadows clinic in Arizona last week — the same place Kate was treated recently.

Close family members say the pair have been in constant contact over the phone — as Kate tried to prepare Pete for what he should expect in the clinic.

The supermodel has also persuaded Pete to clean up his act so they can spend Christmas together with her daughter Lila Grace.

Now she wants him to relocate to the US for good — away from the temptation of his drug-taking pals back home.

Kate has spent the last two months in the States after revelations of her cocaine shame.

A close pal said: “Pete has finally decided to ditch drugs for good — and it’s all thanks to Kate.

“She laid down an ultimatum that she would only see him again if he got clean.

“They’re madly in love but Kate knows if they stay around all their old pals it will be easy to slip back into old habits.

“So America is definitely an option for them.” Pete has vowed to stay away from his druggie pal Wolfman and other hangers-on when he finishes his 30-day programme.

Previous spells to wean him off heroin and cocaine in The Priory and Thailand’s Thamkrabok Monastery have failed.

But Pete’s uncle Philip Michels is confident that this time the singer will succeed. Philip spoke to his nephew yesterday at the Arizona centre.

He told me: “Kate has been calling Pete nearly every night to check that he’s OK. She’s allowed to talk to him because she’s been through it.

“He told me he needs to get away from Wolfman and the rest of his mates who he used to score drugs with if he’s ever going to get clean. I want him to move away if that means he’ll never take drugs again.

“Kate will only have him back if he’s clean. He sounded so much better and said he’s sticking to the programme — I hope he does.

“I don’t want him to die from drugs. I want him to be healthy and happy with Kate.”
    From thesun.co.uk

Default Re: Pete and Kate to move to States

yay Kate! leave stinky pete in europe. far far awaaay.

Great! Get the scum bags out of MY country!! Hehe
    No man is worth your tears, but once you find one that is, he won't make you cry
    G_ F_CK Y__RS_LF - Would you like to buy a vowel??

I really hope they do quit using drugs but leaving the UK to get away from bad influences isn't the solution. It may be a start but obviously drugs are everywhere. It doesn't matter where they live if they aren't quitting for the right reasons. Sounds like this guy could be in the middle of the Amazon Jungle and he'd find drugs if he wanted them bad enough.

In recovery lingo, what they're doing is known as a "geographical." Changing the location instead of working on the internal problems that drive them to be addicts. Unless they're planning to live in a teepee in the middle of nowhere, getting drugs will be just as easy as it is in London. Even in the teepee it's not likely to be a problem. Lowlifes tend to flock to celebrities with large habits and lots of cash.

Quote Originally Posted by pacific breeze View Post
    In recovery lingo, what they're doing is known as a "geographical." Changing the location instead of working on the internal problems that drive them to be addicts. Unless they're planning to live in a teepee in the middle of nowhere, getting drugs will be just as easy as it is in London. Even in the teepee it's not likely to be a problem. Lowlifes tend to flock to celebrities with large habits and lots of cash.
    The old georgraphical cure..lol...never works..cause wherever ya go, there you are.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Well, we all know that America is DRUG FREE and the chances of being able to score dope are practically nil.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Gold Member

I don't know why they think we want them.

I don't care much for Kate Moss, but Pete is a great musician. I love both the libertines and the babyshambles. I don't understand why you don't like him, he's definetly not the first musician with drug problem....
    And I think he's kind of sexy, but I guess I'm the only one here...

You can't run from your problems. Changing locations will do jack shit. They're both junkies, and they'll die in a bathtub somewhere.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

They could come to Miami. We have kilos that wash up on the beach, they wouldn't even have to pay for their drugs.

Erm...if she is convicted of a drug offense here, she can kiss a US visa goodbye. Seriously.

^^ Even being Kate Moss? (I hope so, I just don't believe it).
    Every pic I've seen of Pete, he looked sweaty and drunk and greasy, and haggard as if he'd just been threwing up. Never heard any of his music.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
    ^^ Even being Kate Moss? (I hope so, I just don't believe it).
    Every pic I've seen of Pete, he looked sweaty and drunk and greasy, and haggard as if he'd just been threwing up. Never heard any of his music.

A drug conviction is a virtual guarantee that you will be refused a resident visa in the United States. My neighbor has a spent conviction for marijuana possession and he wants to move to the United States. The lawyers he contacted over there told him basically to forget it. If it's true for him, it should be true for Kate Moss.

Once here in the US, I am sure we will see her being arrested for possesion....matter of time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information