Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Madonna Ciccone and Guy Ritchie: Seperate beds and seperate lives

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Exclamation Madonna Ciccone and Guy Ritchie: Seperate beds and seperate lives

Seperate Beds; Seperate Lives!
    News of the World: News
    By Rav Singh

MADONNA and Guy Ritchie's glittering marriage is on the rocks after a string of explosive rows.
    It collapsed in the wake of their controversial adoption of Malawi tot David Banda.
    Pop queen Madge and film director Guy are having counselling in a bid to save their six-year marriage.

But close pals say both have admitted that barring miracles they'll "call it a day."
    "They're in total meltdown and row non-stop whenever they see each other," said one good friend. According to a number of well-placed sources the couple:

-SLEEP in separate beds and lead separate lives.

-FOUGHT bitterly over adopting baby David.

-ARGUE fiercely over Madonna's controlling behaviour.

-QUARREL over her obsession with the Kabbalah Jewish sect.

And the pair will soon be physically far apart — for Madonna is flying to the US to record a new album while Guy insists on staying her, ostensibly "for work".
    Friends say the marriage has been in freefall for a year. But the crunch came last month when Guy REFUSED to accompany his wife on her latest baby-hunting trip to Malawi.

A trusted source at the heart of the Madge camp revealed: "They've been at loggerheads for a while and now hardly do anything together. They're even spending more and more nights in separate bedrooms.

"But they're a united front when their children are involved. This was clearly visible when they were pictured this week out in the park as a family. But behind closed doors they barely speak."

On a recent boozy night out with his mates, Guy — who has a six-year-old son Rocco with Madonna and is stepdad to her daughter Lourdes, 10 — poured out his heart about the problems.

He confessed they'd hit rock bottom and were at each other's throats over Madonna's plans for adoption No2.

Guy, 38, told friends he is horrified that the Material Girl is forging ahead despite controversy still surrounding the first. Throughout that evening she bombarded him with calls demanding to know just what he was up to.

A source told us: "Madonna was devastated that Guy wouldn't join her in Malawi. She phoned him in tears but he wouldn't change his mind.
    "That's when they realised their relationship was all but over. If it wasn't for his son Rocco, I think Guy would have walked a long time ago.

"The adoption row is a huge issue. Neither is prepared to back down. Guy refused to join her latest trip Malawi because he didn't want to be involved in the farce any longer.

"They were both very hurt when the first adoption was criticised. But Guy thought it was ridiculous she was going straight back to Malawi with a film crew.

"He feels very uncomfortable about her adoption obsession, especially when she was accused of using her money and fame to fast-track their case.

"At first Guy thought it was a good idea. But then it turned into the Madonna show and he hated the way David's adoption was used to generate publicity.

"One day when they were together in Malawi together last year they were due at a legal hearing about baby David but they had a huge fight.

"Guy stormed out and slammed the bedroom door with such force that it got jammed and all hell broke lose.

"So when she mentioned doing it all again he went ballistic. He hates the thought of her on a tour of African adoption agencies in chauffeur-driven cars. But Madonna felt he was being unsupportive and critical."

The couple—who wed in a fairytale ceremony at Skibo Castle, Sutherland, in 2000—also fought over Guy's nights out drinking with the boys.

On April 19 while Madonna was in Malawi seeking an African sister for little David, and compiling a shortlist of three, Guy was pictured out on the town in London. And only last week he was snapped hitting the dancefloor on a night out.

An inside source said: "Madonna will call Guy constantly if he's out with the lads. But he likes nothing better then getting away for a bit and slipping down the pub.

"They have a different set of friends. Guy likes to hang out with his mates or go to karate classes. He's more likely to be seen nursing a pint at his local on a Friday night than out with Madonna.

"And as they spend less and less time together, they're realising that they've less and less in common."

Another niggle for Guy — brains behind hit films Snatch and Lock, Stock And Two Smoking Barrels — is having to live in his 48-year-old wife's shadow.

A friend said: "At first he was bowled over and couldn't believe his luck in snagging a beautiful, sexy superstar.

"But now he feels she's so domineering he's not allowed an opinion of his own. For instance, he's not keen about her obsession with the Kabbalah sect but Madonna is used to always getting her own way.

"Guy is a big talent in his own right but worries he is turning into Mr Madonna. His career hasn't exactly blossomed since Madge came on the scene."

The evident strain between the couple has also sparked an exodus of household staff — despite the fact they are exceptionally well paid.

Two security men handed in their notices a fortnight ago. Devoted driver Marcin and housekeeper Eva leave at the end of the month.

Another source told us: "It's not just the rows between Guy and Madonna. Everyone's used to that. But things changed radically after baby David arrived.

"You'd have thought it would unite everyone but it seems to have driven a huge wedge through the household.

"Madonna's always been a cow to work for—but since taking on David she's just impossible. Her demands have got even worse—completely unreasonable.
    "She's expecting a lot from her staff but giving very little thanks in return. And no one is standing for that. Not the staff, and not Guy either."

Friends of the couple believe Madonna—said to be worth 250million—will now spend more time in New York, while Guy stays in England.

One said: "Madonna's been desperate to go back to the States for a while, but Guy wasn't happy about moving.

"It was just another problem to add to the long list."
    I included her last name alertbot!

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

But wouldn't that be Madonna Richie? hehehehehe...anyway, he shouldn't be worried about turning into Mr. Madonna--that happened a long time ago.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

yeah really; although he's super cute though to me!

he's totally hot - except he did Madonga which puts him forever on the "do not touch" shelf...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    I included her last name alertbot!
    Is there another Madonna?

She must be such a drag to be married to.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    he's totally hot - except he did Madonga which puts him forever on the "do not touch" shelf...
    hmm i honestly think if i had the chance that wouldnt bother me

i still got an alertbot message over this thread

I am starting to like Madonna more and more as time passes and I have no idea why!!

There are some performers who are known only by one name. Madonna is one of them, Shakira, Rihanna, Bowie, Cher etc. What's wrong with calling those celebs by the names they use in their public lives on CD covers etc.? If you check the threads of the celebs I mentioned, I think you will see that they have all been referred by their one name consistently at GR.

I'm no longer an "alertbot," but I still have some common sense lol.

I always thought they had seperate lives. I have just decided that to accept that she is always going to be out there and in your face. I feel much better since I made that decision

Guy deserves a medal for having stayed with Vadge for so long. He's got much more in common with me than he does with her. I love kicking back and enjoying a beer or two with pals....no pubs around here, though, so on weekends DH and I drink our beer together. He watches movies and I watch music videos in separate areas....oh, oh!!!

I think that Madonna is a lesbian (and the kind who likes to be the 'man' in the relationship) and their whole marriage is just for show.

^ hey thats a good theory!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    I think that Madonna is a lesbian (and the kind who likes to be the 'man' in the relationship) and their whole marriage is just for show.
    Nah, she likes sausage too much! She does like her girls though.

If you guys saw the man who helped her get famous, you'd be hetero too. He's yummy. Or was. Haven't seen him in a few years. (Stephen Bray)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information