Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was Britney Spears sexually assaulted?

Default Was Britney Spears sexually assaulted?

The National Enquirer claims in a new cover story that Britney Spears was sexually attacked by someone who knew her in mid February, which prompted her to shave her head and spiral downwards. She is off her meds, talking in strange voices, and refuses to wear clothes in the house, they say.
    Their mention of Britney’s attack is vague, and could be entirely based on a rumor that originated on popular aggregate celebrity news site Oh No They Didn’t.
    Here’s how The Enquirer explains the incident:
    Despite months of hard partying and substance abuse that ultimately landed her in rehab, The Enquirer has learned that Britney’s downward decline accelerated in mid-February when she was attacked in Miami by someone she knew who wanted to have sex with her.
    Although her rep denies this incident took place, sources say she hasn’t been the same since.
    Just three days after the assault, Britney… [shaved] her head.
    [From National Enqurier print edition, May 14, 2007]
    We reported this rape rumor back in mid February. Supposedly Britney went into Cedars Sinai Medical Center, which is in LA, not Miami, after she shaved her head, and was there for unknown reasons. (Not a toothache.) Britney was in Miami alone with her two children in mid February, and she did leave earlier than planned. She originally planned to spend a full week at the Four Seasons resort there with her kids, but left after just a few days. As we reported at the time, a source told Us Weekly that “something happened” that made her want to hightail it out of there.
    It could be that The Enquirer received confirmation of this attack, or that they’re connecting the dots based on conjecture and already-known facts about Britney.
    The rest of the story focuses on the leaked flower boob pictures, and the weird video rant Britney gave to X17 in which she sarchastically said the world is so nice and talked about how her manager totally knew what he was doing by sending her go to rehab. She’s off her medication, they say, and is having mood swings and blaming everyone else for her breakdown.
    We already knew this about Britney, but the part I found interesting is the fact that she plans to make sure her father, who spoke out in support of her ex-manager, Larry Rudolph, is not going to see a dime of her future earnings.
    Her ex, K-Fed, is also said to think she’s got a split personality and not to trust her:
    She’s currently in the process of trying to negotiate an end to her contract with Rudolph - which she only recently signed. And sources say that Britney will also cut off some of her family members financially, including her father Jamie, who has recently gone public with criticism of her conduct…
    “Kevin feels like he’s been watching someone with a split personality,” said the source.
    “Kevin said he feels like he is talking to different people when he speaks to her.
    “One minute Britney is fine, and the next she is blowing up at him and the rest of the world. She’ll tell Kevin she is moving out of L.A. and quitting the business, and then in the next sentence say she is going on tour soon, so he better get his act together so he will be able to keep the kids full time.”
    [From National Enqurier print edition, May 14, 2007]
    Britney may be whacked out of her mind, but she’s still able to lipsynch and gyrate for 10-15 minutes at a time. She performed at the Las Vegas House of Blues this weekend for more of the same in her “comeback” tour.

Cele|bitchy » Blog Archive » Britney was sexually attacked in Feb, claims Enquirer

Could explain alot.

I hope this isn't the case.

I feel sorry for her if it is true. As much as I like to trash her, I don't think anyone should have to go through this. It is devestating and can take someone a long time to recover from if they ever do.

ITA

Quote Originally Posted by mammabear View Post
    I feel sorry for her if it is true. As much as I like to trash her, I don't think anyone should have to go through this. It is devestating and can take someone a long time to recover from if they ever do.

Wink

You know... it's ENTIRELY possible that she was soo wasted/drugged out of her mind that (at the time) she allowed it to go on - not really in control of her actions...

Not that it excuses the guy in any way - but... this is just another example of why, when you are a mother of 2 babies, partying all night - with liquor & drugs - with people that you dont really know or can trust, is a BAD IDEA.
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

I think she has pharmacological psychosis. It comes from taking too many drugs!

I think this is a nasty rumour, even for the National Enquirer!

Even if she was, that's her business, sometimes the press go way too far.

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    I think this is a nasty rumour, even for the National Enquirer!

Even if she was, that's her business, sometimes the press go way too far.
    I think it would almost be doing Britney a favour - if its just a rumour. Think about it, instead of the world thinking she's a useless, drugged up twat...they come to feel sorry for her because she was rumoured to have been raped.

Britney would probably thank them for saving her tarnished image

Is it common for someone who's recently been raped to want to pose for nearly nude pics?
    Seems like she'd be extra protective of her body and want to cover up, but who knows....

Hit By Ban Bus!

True. ^ And a lot of people who are sexually assaulted go the opposite direction - acting out inappropriately.

If this is true my heart goes out to her...I remember reading about this and wondering if there was any truth to it. Curious. I doubt we'll ever find out though.
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

If that is true, that explains her wacked out behavior, but the press HAS NO RIGHT to make that public. Shameless #$!@#%!@#@!

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seapharris7 View Post
    You know... it's ENTIRELY possible that she was soo wasted/drugged out of her mind that (at the time) she allowed it to go on - not really in control of her actions...

Not that it excuses the guy in any way - but... this is just another example of why, when you are a mother of 2 babies, partying all night - with liquor & drugs - with people that you dont really know or can trust, is a BAD IDEA.

I have quite a bone to pick here. I am a lurkur and this comment really struck a nerve with me. I was sexually assulted at 14. I did not tell anyone because I was drunk for the first time. I thought that everyone would blame me and tell me that is what I deserved for putting myself in that situation. I then continued to spiral out of control for about three years before I was able to reach out for help. Once I told my loved ones they helped me recover. But I can fully understand why someone would think that they could be blamed when there are idiot people out there that think someone brought this on themselves... I pray to God that you or any of your loved ones do not have to go through such a horrible thing. I hope that if it struck close to home for you maybe you would have a little bit more compassion. Shame on you!!!!!!

I don't believe she was sexually assualted. If this rumor were true, it would be all over the news.

What does she mean when she said her manager (Larry) totally knew what he was doing when he sent her to rehab?

I don't think Britney is as crazy and fucked up as people think, I do believe that she is a massive attention whore, self-absorbed and extremely childish.
    When you came in the air went out. And every shadow filled up with doubt. I don't know who you think you are, But before the night is through,I wanna do bad things with you.

^^Could be her manager knew that she had been assulted but didn't want to tell the public because he knew people would say she brought it on herself. I know I'm going out on a limb here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information