Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Reese Witherspoon fell for Jake Gyllenhaal

Default Why Reese Witherspoon fell for Jake Gyllenhaal

After her painful split from Ryan Phillippe last year, Reese Witherspoon didn't see a relationship coming but her nascent romance with Jake Gyllenhaal is the real thing, friends say.

At first they seemed like an unlikely match: Gyllenhaal, her costar in the upcoming CIA thriller Rendition, was already an acquaintance he was an old workout buddy of Phillippe and they didn't have much screen time together while filming for eight weeks in Morocco.

But during a reshoot in L.A., "Jake went and reintroduced himself to Reese," a source close to both stars tells PEOPLE in its new issue.

And from there, what a friend of Witherspoon's calls "their little flirtation" just took its course. "Things slowly progressed, but it was never something she thought would happen from the start. She just kind of developed this little crush over time."

One that is looking a lot like a real romance even when the duo are apart. While Witherspoon, 31, spent Easter Sunday with daughter Ava, 7, and son Deacon, 3, at her Episcopal church in Beverly Hills, Gyllenhaal, 26, strolled around Venice, Calif., with his parents. According to a source close to both him and Witherspoon, familial devotion is a big part of their connection: "Jake finds it attractive that she's such a great mom. He really loves kids and wants a family."

Indeed, the pair would seem to be a perfect match: Both enjoy good books, killer workouts and Indian takeout. At dinner at L.A's Il Sole restaurant on March 23, says a witness, "there was definitely some canoodling going on!" They also recently shared a quiet dinner at La Ripaille, near Gyllenhaal's apartment in New York City.

Still, their mutual determination to protect their privacy may be their strongest bond. Gyllenhaal's romance with Kirsten Dunst ended a year ago in large part because, says a longtime friend of the actor's, "Kirsten wanted to go out and have fun and he wanted to stay in, watch a movie and cook dinner. ... He's very into his work, health and family. Reese is perfect for him."

For a woman whose idea of a party is "to stay home with friends," the feeling is mutual, says Witherspoon's friend. "She was happy to meet someone in this town who shared those priorities." Gyllenhaal's pal agrees: "They're super together this thing is for real."
    Why Reese Witherspoon Fell for Jake Gyllenhaal | Jake Gyllenhaal, Reese Witherspoon : People.com

I think they'd be the perfect couple. She'd make a great beard for him. She's classy and has a ready made family. She won't embarrass him in public and she puts on a good face. He'd be good arm candy for her but she wouldn't actually have to warm up to him (so to speak). Match made in heaven.

God, is everyone protesting just a little too much?

It's nice how they can keep their fake relationship going.. privacy is the key, they say. Can't have prying paps catching Jakeypoo bing all "Hey GURL!" to his male friends at a basketball game...

oops.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Elite Member

Shocker another celeb starts dating their co-star as soon as their current relationship ends.

Both enjoy good books, killer workouts – and Indian takeout.
    By all means... you must get married if you have those 3 things in common. (sarcasm)

Has anyone even seen pictures of them together that isn't on a movie set? I know I haven't but I see pictures of him everyday with that friend of his Austin.

Wow, i almost bought it!

is looking a lot like a real romance

As opposed to what...?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    God, is everyone protesting just a little too much?

It's nice how they can keep their fake relationship going.. privacy is the key, they say. Can't have prying paps catching Jakeypoo bing all "Hey GURL!" to his male friends at a basketball game...

oops.
    I personally loved the "lovey-poo" look on Jake's face during that game. He never looked at Snaggle Tooth that way.

Hit By Ban Bus!

"friends" say it's the "real thing". nuff said

Jake is straight. Jake is straight. If we say it enough, it shall be true.

You know I find it kinda sad that no-one is "allowed" to be alone after a break-up (without being called, sad, miserable, etc. etc); but I guess that this is as good a free space as they're gonna get, dating a gay man....

I'm sure they have so much in common! They're both attractive, successful, enjoy the company of men...

I think they are really close friends and nothing else, I dunno why. I just dont get any 'couple' vibe from them and it also doesnt help that I still think Jake is gay

Quote Originally Posted by Gum Dumpster View Post
    Has anyone even seen pictures of them together that isn't on a movie set? I know I haven't but I see pictures of him everyday with that friend of his Austin.
    I've never seen any pictures of them together away from work. I think this whole thing is made up. I doubt very much that they are romantically involved.

I agree! AND I think this is the answer to a yesterday's blind item!!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Jake Gyllenhaal gay? Are you kidding me? Does my avatar not portray Jake as a straight heterosexual sweaty macho man? Is there any doubt ? Oh there is doubt? You mean he's not straight? Since when? Oh. Forever? Oh. .................................................. ......aaaaah just kidding ya'all.
    He's as gay as a row of tents. Oh, no thats "camp as a row of tents." Well whatever. I still love him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information