Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: DNA Test: Larry Birkhead is Dannielynn Smith's father

lookin 4 Firecrotch Lohan as i reload my gun!

Default DNA Test: Larry Birkhead is Dannielynn Smith's father

Breaking News source People.com

DNA Test: Birkhead Is Dannielynn's Father

TUESDAY APRIL 10, 2007 03:40 PM EDT
    By Stephen M. Silverman

Larry Birkhead Photo by: Steve Dennett / Splash News
    According to DNA test results revealed Tuesday, Larry Birkhead is the father of Anna Nicole Smith's 7-month-old daughter Dannielynn.

"I hate to be the one who told you this, but: I told you so," Birkhead, 34, said during a press conference outside the Bahamas courthouse. "I'm the father."

"Thank you for your support. Thank you for the people who got me this far," he said, choking up. "Thank you very much. My baby's gonna be coming home pretty soon." Asked about when he would take Dannielynn home, he said, "Things are moving quickly here, and we'll see what happens."

Birkhead's attorney, Emrick Knowles, then told reporters, "We'll be back in court on Friday in the afternoon. We've got some other issues to deal with." He would not comment on specifics, but did say: "[The judge] hasn't made any ruling about custody yet."

Howard K. Stern, who was listed as the father on the baby's birth certificate, gave Birkhead a hug outside the courthouse. "We're gonna do what we can to make sure that the best interests of Dannielynn are carried out," said Stern. "And I'm going to do whatever I can to make sure that he gets sole custody."

Asked if he'd allow Birkhead to see Dannielynn right away, Stern said, "Larry can come over to the house and spend as much time with her as he wants to right now."

Anna Nicole's mother, Virgie Arthur, said after that hearing that she expects to be part of the baby's life. "I'm happy that Dannielynn will know who her real father is," said Arthur. "I look forward to working with Larry raising my granddaughter.

Birkhead had submitted his own DNA for testing, and Dannielynn's was tested on March 21 following a recommendation by a Bahamas Supreme Court Judge. Howard K. Stern, Smith's companion who is named as Dannielynn's father on her birth certificate, did not undergo DNA testing.

Dannielynn was born in the Bahamas on Sept. 7, three days before Smith's 20-year-old son, Daniel, died while visiting his mother in a Nassau hospital.

The baby, whose full name is Dannielynn Hope Marshall Stern, stands to inherit millions from the estate of Smith's late husband, Texas oil baron J. Howard Marshall II, who died in 1995. Smith, who died on Feb. 8 in Hollywood, Fla., of an accidental drug overdose, had been battling his family over the estimated $500 million fortune.

After the DNA test was performed, Stern filed a legal bid to block the release of the results, but withdrew the appeal after it appeared that it would be rejected by the court.

Last month Birkhead said he was so confident he was Dannielynn's father, he was getting his home ready for her. "I've been putting a nursery together," he said outside a paternity hearing in Los Angeles.

Stern allowed Birkhead to meet the baby in the Bahamas last month, an experience Birkhead called "one of the greatest things in my life."
    "I was stoned. It seemed like a fun thing to do at the time. " -Jim Morrison

Elite Member

I don't think anyone will be surprised. There certainly wasn't any doubt in my mind. How Howard thought anyone would believe him to be the father is beyond me.

I credit Larry for being a much bigger person than I'd be. He's handled all of this like a true gentleman, never lowering himself to Howard's level. I'd want to sucker punch Howard for all he'd put me through. Instead....he hugs him. He's the only one in all of this who's wanted to be a real Dad to Dannielyn and I'm so glad he gets that opportunity. He has every right to gloat.

What I don't get (and I admit not following a lot of the legalities here) is 1) how does Larry not get automatic custody and 2) why does Howard state "Larry can come over to the house and spend as much time with her as he wants to right now." What rights does Howard still have here with the child in light of this news? Is it because he's executor of the estate? It's all so confusing.

lookin 4 Firecrotch Lohan as i reload my gun!

i wasnt surprised, either. i hope i posted this the right way!
    "I was stoned. It seemed like a fun thing to do at the time. " -Jim Morrison

Hit By Ban Bus!

I hope Larry King replays the footage of Howard asserting that he is the baby's father. Rub it in.

As for being executor of ANS's estate and earning millions each year doing so HKS will fight to stay on as executor, and you can bet that fight is going to begin with a few weeks or months.

Silver Member

Good for him. I really feel like he is a sincere person and wants to be with his child.

I'm just glad they didn't give the baby to ANS mother, she seems like such a weirdo.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

He's a pap and therefore immediately suspect.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

I bet the baby dies mysteriously within the next 48 hours.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I hope he changes that child's name immediately.

All of it.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post
    What rights does Howard still have here with the child in light of this news? Is it because he's executor of the estate? It's all so confusing.
    Because in the Bahamas he's the legal father regardless of what DNA says. Whoever is named on the birth certificate is considered the legal parent by Bahamian law.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    I bet the baby dies mysteriously within the next 48 hours.
    well yeah true, and also did you see how HKS could barely care less about losing his supposed baby! WTF?! He's such a fake ass asshole! and now he says he's stayin' in the bahamas so he doesn't leave Anna and Daniel yeah right! Hes probably just hatchin' out plans to make more money off them and so he doesnt have to face US laws!

Birkhead and Stern Hug it Out - TMZ.com

A*O

I thought he was the father all along. Hopefully the poor kid will have at least a chance of a normal upbringing away from the ANS entourage of crazies, parasites and weirdos.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    I hope he changes that child's name immediately.

All of it.
    First thing I thought too. And I hope he hides her away until she decides, if ever, to be in the public eye.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by western View Post
    Because in the Bahamas he's the legal father regardless of what DNA says. Whoever is named on the birth certificate is considered the legal parent by Bahamian law.
    Thanks for the clarification, Western. It's still pretty inconceivable that just anyone's name can go on the birth certificate and regardless of legal proof that someone else is the father, it makes no difference. Are all the laws so loose in the Bahamas? Oy!

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Honestly, seeing him raise his arms in some wierd Nixonian victoy sign is weird. This shouldn't be a big publicity thing and I think this poor little girl is fucked no matter which way you twist it. The media will fade away for awhile, reappear when the judgment comes down on the old guy's estate and then disappear again. But it appears to me that Mr. Scary Larry is lapping up the spotlight...If he had any kind of character, he would remain low key and deal with this in as private a manner as possible...but I don't think that will happen. They all suck and are all gross and I'd rather this kid ended up an anonymous adoptee than to spend her life as a pawn of a bunch of fuck heads.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information