Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snoop Dogg: "Let me into the UK to help cut crime"

Default Snoop Dogg: "Let me into the UK to help cut crime"

Rapper Snoop Dogg is urging British authorities to reconsider their decision denying him a visa to enter the UK, because he can use his voice to help cut crime.

The rapper - real name Calvin Broadus - is currently touring Europe with Sean 'Diddy' Combs, and hopes officials change their mind in time for their gig at Wembley Arena in London tomorrow (27Mar07).

He says, "All I can do is ask the Home Office to reconsider this. I can reach the kids with my mic that politicians cannot with their voices. I can tell them to stop the violence and killings that have been happening in the UK."

Last year (06), Dogg accepted a police caution after being arrested on suspicion of violent disorder and affray at London's Heathrow Airport.

femalefirst.co.uk

i think our cops are breathing a sigh of relief that he's not been allowed in coz then he can't attack them again!
    As for the rest, maybe he should think about his weapons charges first - who's gonna listen to a ponce spouting crap & then being arrested on weapons charges? Do as I say not as I do? BIG impact Calvin.....
    (Isn't Calvin that cartoon with the stupid little boy & dog?)

Send us a tape d***h*** then you won't add to the rising crime!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Well since unemployment and poverty are two of the major causes of violence and crime in the UK and elsewhere, maybe Snoop can just pony up a company in the UK where he hires at least 5,000 people. That's when I'll stop smirking and take him seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Mira View Post
    Well since unemployment and poverty are two of the major causes of violence and crime in the UK and elsewhere, maybe Snoop can just pony up a company in the UK where he hires at least 5,000 people. That's when I'll stop smirking and take him seriously.
    Mmmm... selling guns? drungs? or a chain of pole-dancing/strip joints?

Hit By Ban Bus!

Well seriously he could do a joint venture with P Diddy with a clothing manufacturing installation. Really employ people instead of deluding himself that people would actually listen to him say "bad kids, now don't do that, hear?"

Well seriously he could do a joint venture with P Diddy with a clothing manufacturing installation. Really employ people instead of deluding himself that people would actually listen to him say "bad kids, now don't do that, hear?"
    Mmm I see your point Mira, but there are a couple of things that might work against it. We actually have quite an amazing welfare systems (esp compared to other countries). Familes with kids get a reasonable income (i.e. the national average) with both benefits & other things like housing benefits, etc.
    In the areas where gun crime is rife, so are drugs. Any place is gonna be ripped off for the for drugs.
    And to be honest, its not just the young black kids that have the guns, a mate of mine pulled a handgun on my ex (but he deserved it....), & this was 7/8 yrs after handguns had been made illegal in this country.

We as a society need to work on changing the mindset, not just putting a plaster over a festering wound. I, genuinely don't think that gun crime has peaked in the UK yet. It's going to get a lot worse & all the nice "legal" people (who work & pay taxes to pay or the welfare society) are going to really be at risk because everyone else will be carrying illegal arms.

I have a really bad feeling about this, the slide hasn't even begun yet! We're going to go to hell & back first before we can change it. Because at the moment the people with the illegal guns can't see why they shouldn't have them & the police can't protect them from others with guns.... its a vicious circle.

Just found this.... "Yet the proportion of persons under 18 years of age accused of violent gun crime is rising, standing at 26% from April 2006 to December 2006, this relates to 98 accused aged 10-17 out of a 380 total persons accused for gun-enabled crime." Claudia Webbe - Gun Crime - There are no quick fixes | 24dash.com

380 people accused of gun crime in 1 year isn't bad when we have a pop of approx 60m? We have less gun crime in a year that Washington DC does in 1 week!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Wow... we can only hope for that in the U.S. ... never happen in this current economic and political climate.

My friend who just moved back here 18 months ago and brought her husband with her, informed me just how good the welfare system is, and how if everyone in England stopped smoking cigarettes and pot the entire economy would collapse.

Wow... we can only hope for that in the U.S. ... never happen in this current economic and political climate.

My friend who just moved back here 18 months ago and brought her husband with her, informed me just how good the welfare system is, and how if everyone in England stopped smoking cigarettes and pot the entire economy would collapse.
    Yeah it's 5 per 20 (dunno about pot tho, to be truthful a lot of my friends have stopped smoking it, & it's still not legal here. To give some perspective i think my folks can be descibed as "liberal" (professionals) in American parlance and I think that a large number of their friends did/do drugs. Its a strange split between what's popular & what isn't between the younger gen.)

But the welfare system only works for you if you have kids - otherwise you get nearly nothing!
    I think that by the time I retire there won't be anything like a state pension, but it's too expensive to pay into a private pension, for little or no return. Madness, total madness!
    Actually if you're middle class, you seem to get penalised at every turn. We're having kids later, tax is high, benefits (of any kind tax welfare etc) are minimal, whereas if you're poor or v rich they're great! A pox on all the politicians! Wait while their kids grow up! Then it'll all change!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Sounds a lot like here. And forgot to say that with the $10 fines the potheads pay after they stand in line every morning, just losing that revenue alone would drastically affect the economy, or so my friend's husband says.

Sounds a lot like here. And forgot to say that with the $10 fines the potheads pay after they stand in line every morning, just losing that revenue alone would drastically affect the economy, or so my friend's husband says.
    LOL! I dunno coz the only people that i know that have been busted have been done for dealing..... I think that there is a big split, people I knew didn't do pot they were into x or speed or coke - different social circle I guess?
    Since I've moved out of those circles (Mr Novice works on fridges & gets to visit mortuaries frequently so sees all the junkies pinned out; the rest of my friends tend to work in public service (drug testing), just me in private business), then they let pot be less of an offence. I've never seen them lining up - what did your friend's hubby do? If you don't mind me asking?

Hit By Ban Bus!

He was a carpenter... they lived in Ladbroke Grove in London. He said the busted potheads just line up every morning, pay their 5-pound fine and split.

He was a carpenter... they lived in Ladbroke Grove in London. He said the busted potheads just line up every morning, pay their 5-pound fine and split.
    5 fine & spliff......

Sorry couldn't resist.... exactly, I live in the provinces. I think London & the rest of the UK are 2 seperate things. More space to cover, less police to do it. But our cities are catching up....

The title of this post is like an oxymoron.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Don't mind me, I'm punchy tonight

How can Snoop stop crime and violence in the UK when he demonstrated by his own actions that he is part of it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information