Thread: Brooke Shields calls Katie Holmes "Kate" a la Tom Cruise

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Default Brooke Shields calls Katie Holmes "Kate" a la Tom Cruise

Brooke Shields is explaining how she ended up at TomKat's media-swarmed November nuptials after their whole postpartum depression kerfuffle, and even proves her familiarity with the rumor-plagued pair by calling Holmes by her shortened, Cruise-approved moniker.

"I've known Tom since I was 15," the actress tells Life of her onetime "Endless Love" co-star. "I don't think I let anyone down by reconciling [with him]. I never changed my beliefs. So when Kate called me herself to invite us to the wedding, it would have felt like a slap to say no." Stresses Shields, "Our daughters were born the same day in the same hospital, so they're connected, too. We went because we're friends, and it was an unbelievable event. And now we can go on with our lives."

source:
    MSN - Hot Gossip

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Oh i used to really like Brooke Shields. Cant believe she forgave Tom for his uneducated and ignorant comments.

Quote Originally Posted by moomies View Post
    And now we can go on with our lives."
    Huh? Now that that's over?

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Quote Originally Posted by StayYoung&Pretty View Post
    Oh i used to really like Brooke Shields. Cant believe she forgave Tom for his uneducated and ignorant comments.
    Before his most recent debarckle didn't he weald a lot of power in Hollywierd? Maybe there's that, or maybe she feels sorry for Katie? Or maybe she's just ****ed in the head & on too many drugs for her PPD?

I know, especially since Tom said something to the effect that Brooke's career was in the shitter b/c she was on psych-drugs.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

Brooke's a sell-out. She rolled over because she thinks association with Tom can boost her career. I used to like her.

Why is everyone kissing his butt? Even Oprah was upset she was not invited to the wedding. I would not have gone near that place.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Does it occur to anyone that maybe Kat(i)e is a lesbian (perhaps a non-practicing one) and this marriage is perfect for both of them? I mean, the girl did hold out from having sex with her ex and was an apparently devout Catholic. And he did date Penelope Cruz for a few years, giving them both what they thought was a perfect cover. Perhaps this is Kat(i)e's way of avoiding the issue altogether? Or am I just talking out my ass?
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

^ I don't personally think that Katie is a lesbian, but it's an interesting suggestion! I could see how that would make a lot of sense given their situation.

As for Brooke Shields recently kissing TomKat's ass, I think that Scientology/Tom dug up some privileged information about her that they're using to blackmail her into backtracking. It would have to be something controversial and shocking, something along the lines of:
    -Sexuality
    -Abortion
    -Drug Use/Rehab (possibly as a teen)
    -Causing an accident/death that was covered up

There's no way Brooke just willingly decided to back track and talk about what good friends TomKat are to her. I'm 100% convinced that they have something on her that could potentially destroy her career.
    Last edited by southernbelle; March 26th, 2007 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    Does it occur to anyone that maybe Kat(i)e is a lesbian (perhaps a non-practicing one) and this marriage is perfect for both of them? I mean, the girl did hold out from having sex with her ex and was an apparently devout Catholic. And he did date Penelope Cruz for a few years, giving them both what they thought was a perfect cover. Perhaps this is Kat(i)e's way of avoiding the issue altogether? Or am I just talking out my ass?
    Not at all, buttmunch. Remember those pix of Katie and Posh in Paris? They looked like a lesbian couple. Katie sets of my gaydar. One possible explanation why she's with Tom. This way she can have a baby, a "husband", a bigger carreer. A win win situation.

Oh, and Brooke is just bought by Scientology. We'll hear from her amazing first auditing sessions in no time.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Count me as in the focus group who no longers likes Brooke Shields. What a piece of crap she is. Sell out just doesn't cut it. She is way worse. Next she will be joining the Midget's circus. I mean cult.

Elite Member

^I agree it won't be long before Brooke is a fully fledged member of the cult. I doubt there will be any change in her career, so I hope she thinks it was worth it to roll over the way she has.

Frankly there is no way of knowing Katie's sexuality. What i can be pretty sure of is that she isn't doing it with Tom very often, if, at all.

I heard that Brooke's fan site shut down because of all the negative mail
    they received after she attended Tomkat's wedding.

I see that it's still down. The official Website for Brooke Shields from Starbuzz.tv
    Scariest Halloween mask ever > > >

What a jackass Brooke Sheilds is. Tom the Tiny Asshole said her career is a piece of shit and that she should take a One-A-Day to alleviate her baby blues. Forgive if you must, but flying across the world to his beardfest screams buy-off or the Co$ got to her or she's hoping the Tiny Asshole will help her career.

I hate to say it, but I'm with Tom, what career?
    “What are you looking at, sugar-tits?” - Mel Gibson

Thread Information