Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kirsten Dunst going back to school

Default Kirsten Dunst going back to school

Kirsten Dunst is headed back to school, and it’s not for a movie role.

In the April issue of W magazine, Dunst, 24, opens up about her lengthy film career - and her newest obsession.

In it, Dunst candidly explains how her career and life have evolved to the point that she’s temporarily putting acting on hold to audit a few college-level art classes.

Find out what else the young starlet has to say in the April issue of W, on newsstands March 23.

ON PROVING HERSELF AS AN ACTRESS…“After Marie Antoinette, I was feeling that I had to prove myself. Ugh. Like, I didn’t do it. I didn’t prove myself enough. Then I thought, Whatever. I’m in a really happy place, and I want to do a fun movie. Why do I want to be superserious chick all the time? I have a dark side, but I also like comedy, so I think next I want to do something that’s super over-the-top.”

ON RECENTLY BECOMING AN ART STUDENT…“It’s really about finding your style, rather than ‘Hold the pencil like this.’ I just need to learn the tools so that I can do the things that I want to do…It’s so private and I love it so much and it’s like a little secret in my heart. And the more I talk about it, the less control I feel I have. I don’t think everyone has to go to college. Just explore other things.”

ON BEING EXCITED TO HAVE A STUDENT ID…“I have my ID—it’s so exciting. I was showing it to my girlfriends in the restaurant last night. I’m like, ‘I can get money off movie tickets now!’”

In Case You Didn’t Know
    Now she is one of the celebrities I don't like for no apparent reason, but I have to say kudos to her for going to school.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Good for her! I hope she enjoys it as much as she's looking forward to it.

More tinsel-town idiots need to go to school.

the likes of Paris or Britney could not handle school or manage to pass a subject without the help of tutors

Is she only 24? wow I always thought she was older, not because she looks like a granny or anything but she has been around for ages! I thought she was in her late 20's

As her going to school, it's an experience she missed because of the child star thing... so I hope she has the time of her life (hehe I know I did!)

Oh my God, the world is tumbling down!

I prefer The Drunkster over banned or Britney, who have never read a book in their lives. I can totally see her as an art student. At least she's doing something sensible with her money.

I always find it funny hearing about Americans returning to 'school'. School to me is something you leave when you are 16 and is not something you can return to. Next comes college then university. It's different how the whole education system is referred to as 'school'. I'm picturing Dunst returning to it in those tiny little seats, at tiny little tables, peeling PVA glue off her hands and being allowed to ring the school bell at lunch time

Quote Originally Posted by bella View Post
    I always find it funny hearing about Americans returning to 'school'. School to me is something you leave when you are 16 and is not something you can return to. Next comes college then university. It's different how the whole education system is referred to as 'school'. I'm picturing Dunst returning to it in those tiny little seats, at tiny little tables, peeling PVA glue off her hands and being allowed to ring the school bell at lunch time
    LOL!!! And glitter... lot of glitter!!!!

Bronze Member

For art? I think that's a cop out. Every time celebs go back to school, they do either English or art, these fun, dilletante subjects. I'd like to see someone go the Jodie Foster route and study biology, math and some other boring subject.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Or Mardarin Chinese like Mira Sorvino

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by savvy View Post
    For art? I think that's a cop out. Every time celebs go back to school, they do either English or art, these fun, dilletante subjects. I'd like to see someone go the Jodie Foster route and study biology, math and some other boring subject.
    Anyone who learns multiple languages has to be very smart and have a great memory. everyone i know who speaks multiple languages, including my grandma who spoke 5, is very intelligent. its pretty hard. i dont think learning chinese is a cop out. i took italian every semester in college and french for six years. plus I speak russian and english. was i coping out? i also majored in philosophy and was always good at math. but i guess it was all "fun" and i didnt bust my ass at all at "math school" during high school or getting through my college. and the one art history class I took was one of the most satisfying experiences during college. im not trying to say i'm a genius or anything, just saying that studying art or languages is not just a breezy activity, and something doesnt have to be boring to be considered worthy of study. to you math is boring, to the dude next to me its not. and it might even do someone some good to learn something beyond facts and equations and go with a subject a bit more profound.

^^^^
    exactly.

what for? what's the point of studying something you hate? to graduate and then get a job you hate too for the rest of your life?
    it's not like they're going to have to make a living out of it. i think it's great to go back to school to study what you love. if i won the lottery, that's the first thing i would do - quit work and be an eternal student getting degrees in all the things i love, without having to worry about what job they'll get me or how unpractical it is.

and i agree with the posters that said english and art and that kind of 'fun, dilettante subjects' are easy. they're not. i took a lot of art history and literature and language classes in uni and they are really tough. the difference is that if you love that it'll be easier to work hard toward something you're passionate about than about something you're studying just because it'll get you a better paying job after you're done with uni.
    Last edited by sputnik; March 14th, 2007 at 07:28 AM.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I don't get that Art School is the easy option, but then that's because I went. Then I went to business school to get my degree.

Also, it is completely appropriate for actors to study english, as this will assist them in their future career, in understanding the writers motivation. Lets all go study Shakespear & Marlow & see how easy & interesting it is....

Sunshine23 I'm SO envious of your language classes; my Opa spoke 5, I struggle with one... LOL

For art? I think that's a cop out. Every time celebs go back to school, they do either English or art, these fun, dilletante subjects..
    Dilletante subjects? I'd like to see you interpret a Deleuze or Foucault text. How about a Shakesperian drama? Post structuralism? Postmodernism? A lot of the texts were in foreign languages, because translations are uncool among scholars.

I did English language and literature, and let me tell you, both wasn't fun.

Have you ever tried syntax? How about writing a dissertation on Jackendoff's conceptional semantics? Some Chomsky on the side? Also, it's essential to be fluent in Latin to master that shit.

It's not like we sat there reciting cute little poems all day. I busted my ass for 7 years, trying to get that shit into my brain. Calculus was a piece of cake compared to that!

Not very savvy of you...

(Sorry, for being such a smart ass, but what the fuck?)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information