Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The National Enquirer's new low: may have used fake image of a dead Anna Nicole Smith

Default The National Enquirer's new low: may have used fake image of a dead Anna Nicole Smith

Despite a cover line that screams, "ANNA NICOLE: THE LAST PHOTO!", a caption inside the latest issue of the National Enquirer notes that the images of a blue-lipped Smith in a partially zipped body bag are "photo re-creations based on eyewitness accounts."

For the tabloid that famously bribed one of Elvis Presley's cousins to shoot photos of his open casket, isn't this resort to Photoshop a bit cheap? "I don't think so, because it's so realistic and there's so much news in the story," argues Enquirer editor in chief David Perel. (The article claims it was pneumonia, not a drug overdose, that killed Smith.) "If you had our images side-by-side with the actual photos, I don't know if you'd be able to tell them apart."

Perel was cagey about the methods used to "re-create" Smith's rigor-mortised visage. "It's almost the way a sketch artist works. There were so many different layers of how to achieve it, I couldn't even begin to describe it to you."

Fresh Intelligence : Radar Online

For the tabloid that famously bribed one of Elvis Presley's cousins to shoot photos of his open casket, isn't this resort to Photoshop a bit cheap? "I don't think so, because it's so realistic and there's so much news in the story," argues Enquirer editor in chief David Perel.

To use realism to justify something this sick is just wrong. Plain Wrong. Enough already. The woman's dead, quit trying to make a buck off of it. I'm sure he wouldn't feel quite the same way if it was his mom, wife or sister.
    I've always known I was born to dominate your sex and avenge my own.

I think it's sick and they need to be sued.

National Enquirer sucks anyway though. If I'm gonna waste my money on a tabloid I get Star.

That final image is kinda hot, I wonder where they got it, or if that's actually her. I assume it was a photo of her from somewhere, and recent too, then photoshop'd. So that means it's alright if I think that she looks goooood.
    Or is it still wrong because it looks like she's dead? I'm so confused.
    At least I'm not afraid to show my real face when I have a go at someone.

Silver Member

This was posted on ONTD last week or something and inside the article they say that is was just someone who looks like her that they made to look like dead Anna Nicole. Either way it's sick of them to do, but it's not her and it's not even a dead person. It's a little scary how much it does look like her though.

That's reassuring queenb, I thought for a moment I might have a fetish for cadavers, that has its own name I know but I cant think of it right now.
    Necro-something or umm... necrophiliac? I'm not sure, and here's the interesting part. Who cares?
    Not me...
    cause i'm not one of em.
    At least I'm not afraid to show my real face when I have a go at someone.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by antsvensk View Post
    That's reassuring queenb, I thought for a moment I might have a fetish for cadavers, that has its own name I know but I cant think of it right now.
    Necro-something or umm... necrophiliac? I'm not sure, and here's the interesting part. Who cares?
    Not me...
    cause i'm not one of em.

lol..yes I think it is called a necrophiliac, but don't worry, I'm sure your not one of those.

If you go to Find A Death it has a thing on ANS there and it explains why these are not fake. I still think they are though...

Quote Originally Posted by queenb3577 View Post
    lol..yes I think it is called a necrophiliac, but don't worry, I'm sure your not one of those.

Ever see my post about Karen Greenlee on here? Gross.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyWifey View Post
    If you go to Find A Death it has a thing on ANS there and it explains why these are not fake. I still think they are though...

WOW, I just went there and read that, and while I still think they are probably fake, it makes me sick to think that this picture could be for real. It makes me sick that they would fake it too I guess, but it's worse if it's real.

Ever see my post about Karen Greenlee on here? Gross.
    No I haven't see that.

Its sick if its fake, and its sick if its real. Either way, its crossing the line big time, in my opinion.

Most definitely crossing the line. Leave it to the Enquirer.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Quote Originally Posted by StayYoung&Pretty View Post
    Its sick if its fake, and its sick if its real. Either way, its crossing the line big time, in my opinion.
    This quote deserves a repeat.
    I've always known I was born to dominate your sex and avenge my own.

I can't believe anyone would buy this rag with those pictures in it.
    Have we become animals. Sick!

Gold Member

Top one is definately fake, it looks ridiculous. Both pictures look different too. Her mouth is closed and she has bangs in the top picture. Her mouth is open and her hair is more parted in the middle in the bottem picture.
    If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information