Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gwen Stefani calls her son Kingston a 'blob'!

Default Gwen Stefani calls her son Kingston a 'blob'!

Why is it when Gwen Stefani calls her baby a "blob," it seems charming, yet when pal Angelina Jolie did it, it sparked a media firestorm? Chalk it up to the singer's universal likeability, which she shows off in her latest interview with British Elle. The 37-year-old wife and mother opens up to the mag about playdates with Brangelina, and how hard it is for her to stay stick-thin.

Stefani also reveals another thing she has in common with Jolie (besides invoking the "b word") -- they both tried out for Mr. & Mrs. Smith. Oh, how our lives would be different if she'd gotten the role! Well, our life anyway.

Highlights from the interview below:

On being pregnant in the public eye:
    "It was weird being pregnant in a fishbowl situation. Especially on days when you feel really fat and disgusting and not cute. Pregnancy was challenging in a way I didn't expect. I was on tour and I was so sick. It was like PMS times a million."

On her baby weight:
    "I worked out with my trainer throughout my whole pregnancy until about two weeks before. I cried during my last session. I was like, 'I can't breathe, I can't do this anymore. What am I doing?' It was crazy. All my life I had to work hard to stay in shape. I've always struggled with it. I was a little chubby when I was younger, and I didn't want to be that person forever. I became a swimmer at school -- but only because I wanted to be skinner! I'm extremely vain. I like wearing cute clothes."

On getting her figure back post-pregnancy:
    "There aren't any tricks, it's simple math: you put this much food in, you burn that much working out. I gave myself three months -- but if I didn't have an album coming out, there's no way I would have gotten back into shape in that time. I worked out with my trainer five days a week, with weekends off. I would really recommend doing weights. I'm not into yoga and Pilates -- they don't work for me and I don't have the patience. I'm more like a man, I like going to the gym and lifting weights or doing a little boxing."

On whether her son, Kingston, and Brangelina's daughter, Shiloh, play together:
    "Yeah! They were like two little blobs when they met. Maybe they'll get married when they grow up? That'd be cute!"

On auditioning for the female lead in Mr. & Mrs. Smith:
    "I don't know if I almost got it (the role), but I certainly put a lot of effort in. They were clearly looking for a certain girl, and you couldn't get more opposite than me and Angelina."

On the Hollywood body standard:
    "It sucks that that's what is supposed to look good and that's what everyone strives to be. There's more to life than being on a diet. Clearly, I spend time thinking about it, and it's something I've had to deal with in my life. As I get older, I try not to focus on it, it's boring, it's a waste of life. What I have learned is that whether I'm fatter or thinner, people seem to not mind, they like me either way. It's more in your own mind than anyone else's."

On plastic surgery:
    "I enjoy a great surgery TV show as much as anyone -- I watched a lotof those shows while I was pregnant! But it's pretty bizarre that that's where we're at -- that you can place an order for how you're going to look. People take it pretty lightly, but it's a big deal. I've thought it over but I'm not at that stage yet."

On being married to a fellow rock star [Gavin Rossdale]:
    "There are negatives and positives, but for most part, it works. He can tell me about things going well or badly and I can totally relate to that. We were very lucky to find each other and we have this ongoing crazy love affair, with its peaks and valleys, like everyone else's...Having Kingston has been the most romantic thing to have happened to us."

On being down-to-earth:
    "I still read a menu and go, 'Look at the price -- I can get that!' I still think, 'I'm in First Class, this is awesome.' It's insane what's going on in my life -- I just can't believe my luck."

-usmagazine.com

http://www.usmagazine.com/gwen_stefani_and_elle
    Last edited by moomies; January 31st, 2007 at 05:41 AM. Reason: direct link to source added

I like Gwen;she's so down-to-earth.

When I read that yesterday I wondered if it was a shot at AJ or simply mom-speak. My guess is that it's mom-speak.

I love it that she realized how lucky she is and is not taking it for granted.

For the record, I know a lot people who do refer to young infants as blobs while they are in the stage where they do nothing except cry, eat, poop and pee. They mean no disrespect. I however never saw my daughter that way. She could do very little of course but I would sit around for hours just watching her and marveling in the miracle of her. I saw a personality right away with the expressions she would make and when she loked me in the eye she had me hooked for life! After giving birth I would say I was more a blob than she was!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    When I read that yesterday I wondered if it was a shot at AJ or simply mom-speak. My guess is that it's mom-speak.
    I'm thinking it's Mom speak too, aren't Angelina and Gwen friends? I thought they were photographed together sometime last year...
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

On plastic surgery:
    "But it's pretty bizarre that that's where we're at -- that you can place an order for how you're going to look. People take it pretty lightly, but it's a big deal. I've thought it over but I'm not at that stage yet."

She got her tits and her chin done. Is she kidding?

Quote Originally Posted by prnjcq7 View Post
    I'm thinking it's Mom speak too, aren't Angelina and Gwen friends? I thought they were photographed together sometime last year...
    I think they are friends, they must be. On SJ someone said Gwen wrote in her new album a thank you to Angelina saying Angelina is her right hand girl her creative extension.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    On plastic surgery:
    "But it's pretty bizarre that that's where we're at -- that you can place an order for how you're going to look. People take it pretty lightly, but it's a big deal. I've thought it over but I'm not at that stage yet."

I know! Geez. I do like Gwen, but she can be irritating.

She's definitely done more than thought it over when it comes to plastic surgery. Those boobs got substantially more buxom a few years back.

Hit By Ban Bus!

On plastic surgery:

i never knew she got those two things done, but i know she did get her nose done..

SVZ

She called him a polar bear too lol

Quote Originally Posted by Born In A Brothel View Post
    I think they are friends, they must be. On SJ someone said Gwen wrote in her new album a thank you to Angelina saying Angelina is her right hand girl her creative extension.
    She thanked a Jolie as in Jolie Clemens her art/layout designer.
    Scariest Halloween mask ever > > >

Elite Member

Yeah... calling your child a blob is normal when they are little - not news worthy.

Its funny how they all lie about PS. I'm mid 30's I know where the wrinkles start to appear - so these women that are 35+ w/no wrinkles and claim they have done nothing is BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    I have children and never referred to them as blobs - also have a lot of friends who are mothers and ive never heard them call their babies blobs either. I think its a really weird word to use.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I love it that she realized how lucky she is and is not taking it for granted.

For the record, I know a lot people who do refer to young infants as blobs while they are in the stage where they do nothing except cry, eat, poop and pee. They mean no disrespect. I however never saw my daughter that way. She could do very little of course but I would sit around for hours just watching her and marveling in the miracle of her. I saw a personality right away with the expressions she would make and when she loked me in the eye she had me hooked for life! After giving birth I would say I was more a blob than she was!! LOL
    I'm not a mother but I get you. When my little sister was born, I spotted her right away in the nursery, wihout anybody having to show her to me. She stood out: looked like a doll, with golden locks, fair skin, bow-shaped red lips, and a perfect button nose. Nowhere near a being "just a blob". As soon as she came home, we could distinctly notice a personality developing on her first days already. Maybe Angelina didn't pay enough attention to her child in order to notice the little things that make her so special. Her comment about babies under a certain age not having a personality was so disrespectful to her own blood.

On plastic surgery:

I can't stand how these celebs always deny the obvious. It's like they're calling the reader a retard right to their face. Instead of trying to look bigger, why don't they try and actually BE bigger for a change and just admit to it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information