Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elijah Wood calls scuffle with Jared Leto "ridiculous"

Default Elijah Wood calls scuffle with Jared Leto "ridiculous"

Elijah Wood says he's still scratching his head over an incident in which an angry Jared Leto grabbed him at the MTVU Woodie Awards in New York.

Wood tells Jane magazine in its February issue that the confrontation, which happened in October, was sparked by comments he had made about Leto's rock band, 30 Seconds to Mars.

"He was basically upset at the fact that I said I didn't like his band," Wood says. "He said that initially and then walked away."

But things escalated from there. "I guess he thought I was laughing at him," Wood says, "but I was more shell-shocked and telling people around me, 'Whoa, I just got told off by Jared Leto for not liking his band.' And that's when he came back and grabbed me."

In the January/February 2003 issue of Blender, the Lord of the Rings actor told an interviewer, "I would never try to be like other actors and attempt to make (music) myself. I mean, have you heard 30 Seconds to Mars? ... F---ing awful, man!"

Wood, who turns 26 on Sunday, tells Jane he never meant to insult Leto, 35, and that the whole incident at the awards show felt surreal.

"I told Jared it wasn't personal," Wood says. "He acted like I'd been disrespecting him or speaking about his family. Things like that don't generally happen to me. I'm very non-confrontational. The whole thing was kind of ridiculous."

Several Web sites, including BestWeekEver.tv and Dlisted, printed eye-witness accounts of the scuffle at the time it happened.

The awards show was filmed at Roseland Ballroom in New York City on Oct. 25 and aired on MTVU MTV's college network on Nov. 2. The Woodies honor musical acts voted on by the college audience.

http://www.people.com/people/article...009745,00.html

Silver Member

Jared Leto is an idiot, he is 35 years old and he is mad because someone said they did not like his band, give me a break, someone please stop the madness!!!

leto is a fake ass emo wannabe and a pain in the ass lol

I love Elijah and I love how horrible this makes Leto sound. Way to pick on someone for their personal tastes you greasy haired fuckbucket.

He's 35 and emo? Dude, you need fucking therapy. Retarded teenage angst isn't supposed to go beyond age 21.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Eli

It's both their faults really. Wood shouldn't have mentioned how much he hated the band because he's a public figure. And Leto should have just ignored him.
    But honestly, what would Wood know about music? He's a mediocre actor with a thousand gay rumours, and he probably listens to Abba daily.

I don't agree. Just because his name is Elijah Wood he can't voice his opinion about music??
    Please.
    Jared Leto needs to grow up and clean his face.

Eli

Quote Originally Posted by tiggle View Post
    Jared Leto needs to grow up and clean his face.

I've always loved Elijah Wood, and maybe his comments weren't the best move to make, but it IS funny. I really used to think Leto was hot, but he is such a tool and this is just fucking hilarious. He sounds like such a jackass.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    But honestly, what would Wood know about music? He's a mediocre actor with a thousand gay rumours, and he probably listens to Abba daily.
    Well, he does have his own music label. He's a big rock fan who wanted to sink his movie money into new bands. I don't think Abba is quite his thing.

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Wood packs a mean punch as evidenced in his movie green street hooligans. I'd be wary of antagonizing him.

leto's a wanker. and elijah wood is so right, 30 seconds to mars sucks ass.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Hmmm not a fan of either really, but how is 'fucking awful man' when talking about his music 'nothing personal'?

Yea these bloody wankers should STFU and stop singing for goodness sakes. The only thing more pathetic than their singing "careers" is the godawful names they come up for their bands. WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by StayYoung&Pretty View Post
    Hmmm not a fan of either really, but how is 'fucking awful man' when talking about his music 'nothing personal'?
    I agree.

Yeah Jared's a puss, but Wood should've kept his pie hole shut. Even if the music does suck that was still pretty disrespectful. Give goofy little Jared a break, he's already having to live down banging LiLo and he's probably fighting a raging case of firecrotch as a result. That would make anyone irritable.

Ya never know though, maybe Elijah was pissed & spoke smack about the band b/c Leto turned down his amorous advances.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information