Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rosie O'Donnell's latest target: "intoxicated" Paula Abdul

Default Rosie O'Donnell's latest target: "intoxicated" Paula Abdul

Rosie O'Donnell is one of the 37 million TV viewers watching "American Idol," but don't count her among those who liked what they saw.

Only two episodes in and judges are already accused of going too far.

For the second day in a row, "The View" co-host suggested Paula Abdul was drinking during the show and lashed out at the show for making fun of the people auditioning.

O'Donnell and her co-hosts played a clip from Wednesday night's "Idol," in which a contestant, following an off-key audition, was roundly mocked and rejected by the judges.

"That's compassion for you," O'Donnell said. "Isn't that what America thinks is entertainment, to make fun of someone's physical appearance? And then, when they leave the room, laugh hysterically at them -- three millionaires, one probably intoxicated."

O'Donnell had joked about Abdul's demeanor a day earlier. "Paula was very thirsty last night," she said.

"That girl was sipping Coke every shot. And toward the end of the evening, one eye was wandering."

Abdul's spokesman, Jeff Ballard, denied his client had a drinking problem last week, after online video emerged of Abdul slurring her speech and acting strangely while promoting "American Idol" in a string of satellite interviews.

Ballard said Abdul was simply fatigued last Thursday from the intense publicity campaign for the sixth season.

"She was exhausted," Ballard told Reuters. "This was at the end of three days of press interviews and appearances, and she has had cameras following her around for a reality TV show too."

Ballard was referring to a new documentary series now in production about the star's life.

"She was sitting in a room with just a camera and a mic on, and the controllers dropped the sound twice, which is why she rolled her eyes."

The 44-year-old Abdul canceled all media interviews the following day, saying that she had a sore throat after sitting in the chilly studio Thursday.

"She never drinks," Ballard said. "I have known Paula Abdul since she was 13, and I have never seen her drink ever in my life. ... And no, she is not on any kind of medication."

source: http://news.aol.com/entertainment/tv...19070909990001
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

No one's safe from Rosie. She better be careful that she doesn't get sued.
    Scariest Halloween mask ever > > >

Quote Originally Posted by Elvira View Post
    No one's safe from Rosie. She better be careful that she doesn't get sued.
    Really!! I mean, I like ballsy, outspoken women, but she is fast becoming just a...shrew. She's got something negative to say about everything.

The View will run out of people who want to appear on the show. Next thing
    you know Star Jones will be making a guest appearance.
    Scariest Halloween mask ever > > >

^^ that would be spectacular.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

Well, I've seen Paula Abdul drink, and so has half of Hollywood, I'm sure. Her friend sounds like an idiot to me. Either that, or they never see one another.

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

They could always let Rosie mud wrestle the people she scraps with. That might make The View more interesting and solve the Rosie offending everyone thing.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by UndercoverGator View Post
    They could always let Rosie mud wrestle the people she scraps with. That might make The View more interesting and solve the Rosie offending everyone thing.
    yeah that would send the views ratings through the roof
    HAWT!!

Love Rosie. She always tells it like it is. Pauler is a drunk with a substance abuse problem. I loved how Rosie joked about how thirsty Pauler was and then winked. She's not afraid to say what everyone else is thinking. I was sympathetic to that old has-been lush until I saw her reeling with laughter over the guy Simon called a Bush baby. I wonder if Pauler realizes that most the Idol viewers laugh at her wasted gaffes?

It is ridiculous for Paula Abdul or her publicist to say that she was "tired". She is clearly on something. We should all be offended that someone believes that we are so stupid that we would buy into a story about her acting a fool because she was fatigued.

Why she is even being considered a judge of someone's singing talent is beyond me...she has always sucked ass at singing.
    So you hate your job? There's a support group for that....It's called EVERYBODY and they meet at the bar.

Rosie seems to be stirring up publicity for herself by picking all these public fights. Ridiculous.
    A loving person lives in a loving world. A hostile person lives in a hostile world. Everyone you meet is your mirror. -Ken Keyes Jr.

Rosie acts like she is on the playground at recess.
    DH is a Siberian Tiger

uh, yeah . . . I always act like that when Im tired.

Her publicist can keep shovelling that phosphate all day long. At least Paula wasnt admitted for an appendectomy (on air). THAT I may have believed.

I love spin doctors, anyone with less integrity than a lawyer or used car salesman, I find facinating
    I'm using a lot of oxygen and such I think it's good use of oxygen myself, but of course, I'm a little prejudiced on the matter.

I kind of enjoy the way Rosie picks fights, but I wonder if she has a mood disorder that makes her act the way. She might want to have her meds checked.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information