Thread: Jennifer Lopez's first husband fights to get tell-all book published!

Default Jennifer Lopez's first husband fights to get tell-all book published!

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Jennifer Lopez's first husband, Ojani Noa, told a judge Friday that he plans to fight her efforts to quash a tell-all memoir.

Noa, 31, said in a pretrial hearing that he regrets agreeing to a June 30 preliminary injunction that prohibits him from "criticizing, denigrating, casting in a negative light or otherwise disparaging or causing disparagement" to Lopez.

"I want to fight this thing to the end," he said. "My life has not been the same since this lawsuit was filed."

The judge gave Noa until January 17 to hire a lawyer or represent himself.

Lopez filed her lawsuit April 10 and obtained a temporary restraining order barring Noa from publishing intimate details of their sex life.

Noa said Friday that Lopez misunderstood what the book was about.

"This was to be about my life story, coming here from Cuba," he said. "She was only a part of my life, but I was going to talk about my other girlfriends, as well."

Lopez, who has appeared in films such as "Selena" and "Out of Sight," married Noa in February 1997 after meeting him in a Miami restaurant. They divorced 11 months later.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movi....ap/index.html

Elite Member

This was to be about my life story, coming here from Cuba," he said. "She was only a part of my life, but I was going to talk about my other girlfriends, as well.
    Is this guy delusional? Does he really want us to believe this has nothing to do with JLo and that people would actually be interested in his life story in spite of his relationship with her? This guy knows exactly why efforts are being made to 'quash' this memoir. His 'she just happens to be part of the plot' doesn't hold water.

I don't like JLo, but I despise anyone who makes money off of someone else in this fashion even more.

^ Well said. You took the words right out of my mouth.

Elite Member

I think a lot of latinos would be interested in OJani's life story because they would be able to relate to it...he isn't a movie star, he's a regular guy who came here and met one. And I think a lot of Cubans and Cuban-Americans would be interested in him because they are extremely patriotic and would support his book. Even though Ojani's not famous, his name has floated around the Miami area for some time now. He did some modeling. I believe he had a calendar out. Also, his association isn't just with Jennifer Lopez. Ojani worked at a restaurant that was owned by his 'compatriotas' Gloria and Emilio Estefan...I believe that's how Jennifer met him. He was waiting tables at the restaurant. Jennifer was a struggling actress herself at the time. She hadn't even made the movie 'Selena' yet. So she was a nobody at that time too. The Cuban talk show host, Cristina Saralegui, is always raving about how handsome Ojani is (she adores him) and my understanding is that he is still very active in Cuban organizations and goes to Cuban festivals out there.

I think Jennifer Lopez is only worried about herself and has a lot of balls to think she can shut someone's mouth when it was his life too. When you do someone right, you wouldn't be afraid he'd say something bad about you because he wouldn't have a reason too. I think Ojani has a right to speak about his experience here and if she's afraid he's going to reveal something unflattering, that's too damn bad. It wasn't just her marriage, it was THEIR marriage.

IMO Ojani should be free to write a book about his life without permission from his ex-wife. I agree when Ojani says she was a part of it, but she wasn't all of it. She went on with her life, let the guy live his...she sells her body, her image, her life, her products, her clothes, her music but it bothers her when her ex-husband is trying to sell HIS life story? To the point where she has to hire an attorney? What a hypocrite she is...Jennifer Lopez banks MILLIONS and most of it she made with her numerous love affairs. If this guy isn't allowed to write a book and make a measly thousand (without having to spread his legs like she did on her way up), J.Lo has a lot of 'huevos'.

Elite Member

^^I'm just interested in the kinky/crazy sex Jlo likes to have

I personally could give a shit what kind of crazy slimeball this dude is. The fact is, she married him and then dumped him like old news when fucking her way up the ladder of fame. I'd love to see this book get published because it's entertaining to see/read what you suspected all along confirmed!

Countless numbers have witnessed her diva bitch behavior and especially that she is a cheapskate. And we know who all she has been with (that matters) and her stupid relationship blunders. So why the fuck is she bugging? If anything, it'll just put her name back in the press without having to wear a dress down to her navel.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Elite Member

I agree with you Mrs. Dark...that's basically what happened. She married him and then dumped him for P.Diddy...and the rest is history. If anything, Ojani should be embarrassed to reveal how he was so easily discarded...but Jennifer wants to keep this image of the innocent, nice Puerto Rican girl from the Bronx. Yeah, whatever. Since when has 'bad publicity' every hurt a celebrity? NEVER!!!! Have these celebrities not learned anything? They steal, lie, cheat, break up marriages, release sex tapes, run over people, have altercations with cops, even KILL people (a la O.J. or Robert Blake) blah, blah, blah and they get even more famous. There is no such thing as bad publicity in their world. A scandal is just what the doctor ordered for them.

Let the guy write his book Jennifer. Make the official statements denying the book and then move on...at the end of the day you'll still be a millionaire and Ojani will be a footnote in history.

She is a stupid, selfish bitch.

It's not exactly news that JLo is a bitch, a user and a skank. Can't see that the book will make any money anyway.

Silver Member

I'm thinking that not too many people will be interested in reading about her. To me, she's old news. I'm glad we haven't heard too much from/about her in the last little while. It was total overkill for a while there.

Thumbs up

well said pretty girl! APPLUSE APPLAUSE APPLAUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

i live in miami, and the general consensus here is that ojani noa is really well liked, he's got the rep of being a super decent guy. i don't get how j-ho thinks she can manipulate and force somebody's silence just because she has high powered lawyers. she's scummy. that's her all time low. that, and of course, her ill-gotten gains of marc anthony as a hubby.

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyGirl View Post
    I think a lot of latinos would be interested in OJani's life story because they would be able to relate to it...he isn't a movie star, he's a regular guy who came here and met one. And I think a lot of Cubans and Cuban-Americans would be interested in him because they are extremely patriotic and would support his book. Even though Ojani's not famous, his name has floated around the Miami area for some time now. He did some modeling. I believe he had a calendar out. Also, his association isn't just with Jennifer Lopez. Ojani worked at a restaurant that was owned by his 'compatriotas' Gloria and Emilio Estefan...I believe that's how Jennifer met him. He was waiting tables at the restaurant. Jennifer was a struggling actress herself at the time. She hadn't even made the movie 'Selena' yet. So she was a nobody at that time too. The Cuban talk show host, Cristina Saralegui, is always raving about how handsome Ojani is (she adores him) and my understanding is that he is still very active in Cuban organizations and goes to Cuban festivals out there.

I think Jennifer Lopez is only worried about herself and has a lot of balls to think she can shut someone's mouth when it was his life too. When you do someone right, you wouldn't be afraid he'd say something bad about you because he wouldn't have a reason too. I think Ojani has a right to speak about his experience here and if she's afraid he's going to reveal something unflattering, that's too damn bad. It wasn't just her marriage, it was THEIR marriage.

IMO Ojani should be free to write a book about his life without permission from his ex-wife. I agree when Ojani says she was a part of it, but she wasn't all of it. She went on with her life, let the guy live his...she sells her body, her image, her life, her products, her clothes, her music but it bothers her when her ex-husband is trying to sell HIS life story? To the point where she has to hire an attorney? What a hypocrite she is...Jennifer Lopez banks MILLIONS and most of it she made with her numerous love affairs. If this guy isn't allowed to write a book and make a measly thousand (without having to spread his legs like she did on her way up), J.Lo has a lot of 'huevos'.

Thread Information