Thread: David Blaine in giant 'gyroscope' stunt

Default David Blaine in giant 'gyroscope' stunt

Blaine in giant 'gyroscope' stunt

David Blaine has begun his latest stunt, spinning inside a gyroscopic device above the streets of New York.

Blaine will dangle near Times Square for almost three days before attempting to escape from some shackles.

"This is more difficult than anything I've ever done," Blaine said before he was loaded into the contraption, which was then hoisted up 50ft (15m).
    The three spinning steel rings can flip Blaine in various directions up to eight times per minute.

The shackles will be added to Blaine on Thursday, giving him 16 hours to free himself.

The illusionist said his biggest concerns, besides not eating or drinking, were the freezing weather and dizziness.

After the stunt, Blaine will lead 100 underprivileged children chosen by The Salvation Army charity on a shopping spree.
    Blaine said the stunt was important to him since The Salvation Army had provided him with clothing when he was a child.

Blaine's previous stunts have included balancing on top of a 100 ft (30 metre) pole, spending 61 hours inside a block of ice and fasting for 44 days in a box over London's River Thames.

Earlier this year, he spent a week in a water-filled globe in New York. He failed to break the world record for holding his breath at the end of the challenge.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6170718.stm

This just in!!! David Blaine's parents never paid attention to him as a child!

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

The man must have no inner ear issues. My stomach churned watching that contraption spin around.

Surely there are easier ways to get attention. Couldn't he just get out of a car while flashing his naked butt cheeks or something?

he annoys the hell out of me and i'm not quite sure why.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

A long, long time ago I thought he was pretty cool. He annoys the shit out of me now.

David Blaine is a giant gyroscope. I hope he hurries up and tries the trick that killed Houdini.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

^ Damn it, greysfang, that is exactly what I was going to say. I'm not even kidding. Are we twins? That would be cool.

Maybe it'll get interesting when he does a giant ENDOSCOPE stunt
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I just don't get this guys appeal. Who the hell cares about this shit seriously? I see absolutely no use for his crap.

He's an idiot. It pisses me off that he refers to himself as a magician. He obviously doesn't understand that there's a difference in doing legitimate magic tricks and in causing yourself bodily harm in stupid, pointless "stunts" to get attention. The worst thing is that he does it under the pretense of benefiting charities. He could easily just donate the money without using the charity as a ploy to draw more attention to his sick and vapid stunts. And then he talks about how physically demanding, dangerous, and concerning they are. He dreams up and voluntarily puts himself in these situations and then expects fascination and concern from the public for his "bravery". I agree with twitchy. His actions just scream "emotionally neglected as a child".

He looks kind of hot to me..but kind of sleazy too. he is entertaining anyway and fairly harmless.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Thread Information