Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pete Doherty arrested for crack-cocaine YET AGAIN, and released on bail

Cool Pete Doherty arrested for crack-cocaine YET AGAIN, and released on bail

LONDON, England -- Singer Pete Doherty has been released on bail after being arrested on suspicion of possessing crack cocaine, police in London said.

The Babyshambles singer and on-off boyfriend of supermodel Kate Moss was held after officers saw him driving his Jaguar erratically near his home in east London, the UK's Press Association reported.

As well as the 27-year-old star, two other occupants of the car were also arrested on suspicion of drug possession, PA said.

A Scotland Yard spokeswoman said all three were released from Bethnal Green police station pending analysis of "substances recovered."

They must return in December.

The arrest is the latest minor chapter in the life of Doherty, known as much for his on-off relationship with model Moss and his well-publicized drug problems as his music.

Doherty has repeatedly sought treatment for his addiction at the renowned Priory, in west London, as well as clinics in France, Portugal and Thailand.

He was fined £750 earlier this month for assaulting a radio reporter outside a magistrates' court.

Last month Doherty cancelled remaining dates of a British tour with Babyshambles to give himself more time to recover from his drug addiction treatment, his spokesman said.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Musi...rty/index.html
    Look.

He's not going to get better. He's eventually going to kill someone with his car, and when that happens people will look back and see all these times he could have been locked away permanently.

I hope that when that day comes, the family of the victim(s) sues the fuck out of the UK police system.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Another day, another drug arrest. He's a loser, baby. He needs to have his drivers license taken away.

He must buy his way out of jail every time

Honestly, doesn't the UK have some sort of penalty for driving under the influence? A penalty that involves your licence being suspended for a year or something?

Any Brits wanna chime in on this?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Again ?? How often can he get arrested before he ends up in jail ?

I think we're rounding out 10 times now, seriously.

A*O

Here's how it works. You get pulled over for drink/drug driving. You go to the police station for further urine/blood tests. You are sent home on bail pending a court appearance, sometimes several days/weeks after the arrest. You lawyer up. You go to Court and express remorse, regret, apologies all around, it won't happen again and the nice magistrates fine you a few hundred quid, you get a few demerit points on your drivers licence and you are back on the streets again. IF your licence is suspended it happens at the Court hearing and usually applies for excessive speeding or really dangerous driving, usually involving a fatality - but not always.

If you are arrested for DUI then your car can be confiscated there and then, but only until you sober up and lawyer up.

The UK criminal 'justice' system bends over backwards to protect the crims, to always give them the benefit of the doubt, to offer then all sorts of counselling programs, etc etc and the poor fucking victims get NOTHING.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Kate Moss has really good taste in men.

Wow.

First DUI here you get like all but one point taken off your licence, which drives your insurance through the roof, on top of having a DUI charge on your record.

Second time, your license is stripped from you for a year or 2 and you go into a mandated education/detox thing.

Third time your ass is in jail for some period of time on top of having your licence either taken away permanently or for a couple years.

he has way too many chances... he is not going to clean up and he probably has no (and never did have) intentions of cleaning up. Meanwhile a 750 fine is not gonna do jackshit to someone who has a heap of money to waste.

I hope those two clowns move to NJ...where if he gets caught out there driving like a freakshow he gets his ass whooped.

Pete, move to Newark, PLEASE!
    Talent Works, Genius Creates

A*O

The worst that persistant DUI offenders get is maybe a suspended jail sentence and a year's ban on their licence and a large'ish fine. 99% of them are back on the road the next day, licence or not. If you are a politician, a celeb, a freemason or have a cop in the family these rules don't seem to apply. It sucks.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Yawn....I think we all knew it was just a matter of time for this to happen yet again. And as previously mentioned, he'll end up killing someone else, or himself. I give him a year...

If he wants to piss his life away, fine, but it's annoying that he may drag others down with him.

Here you lose your license immediately for a first offense..can get driving priveliiges at first court appearance..Mandatory 3 days in jail or 2 day inpatient rehab program. On first offense if the blood alcohol level is over .18/.20(not sure which) then it is like a 'Super' DUI and you get either six day jail mandatory or 3days jail, 3 days inpatient rehab..no way of getting out of at least three days jail on super dui on first offense. Minimun $250.00 fine. Minimum.. Second offense it gets worse..third offense you can get serious jail time(weeks months)..lose license for good.

He needs to get in a fatal one car accident where he is driving, the only one in the car, and no other vehicles or people are involved..only the highway bridge pole he smashes into and the people whose job it is too scrape up his remains from the scene.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information