Thread: Oprah tells Lindsay Lohan she's not as thin as she thought she'd be (and other stuff)

Default Oprah tells Lindsay Lohan she's not as thin as she thought she'd be (and other stuff)

Got some more scoop from self-declared nonparty girl Lindsay Lohan and her little-gal-lost appearance on Oprah last week. And this stuff is far more fascinating than what you saw on your boob tubes, trust.

Remember how L.L. told In Style she wants to win an Oscar before she’s 30? And heaven knows how often we’ve heard how Linds is a "serious actress" these days. Well, this little exchange, which went down during a commercial break on glam-O.’s show, is quite telling.
    See, sneaky-ass Oprah had a surprise up her sleeve for L2 and Bobby’s director, Emilio Estevez, who was also on set. Said surprise was Diane Hubner, an actual witness to RFK’s assassination, and the person who was the inspiration for Lohan’s character, Diane.
    Seems La Lohan had never met Diane before she stepped foot on the Oprah stage. In an awkward greeting, Ms. L. shook her real-life character’s hand and said, a bit haltingly, "So nice to meet you."

Come on now! This supposedly veddy serious actress didn’t even take the time to meet the woman her part was based on before shooting?

Was that intentional, L.? Didn’t want to be distracted by the real beehived McCoy? It’s just so odd, as when the two of you met, you seemed stunned the gal was even alive, as if you had no idea. Or perhaps there just wasn’t time in L2’s superbusy soiree schedule for such a sit-down?

Ah, never mind. You were te-riff in the pic, Linds, do have to admit that.
    Oh, gotta add: After L.L. and Emilio’s appearance was over, they took their seats in the audience. For another segment, a former anorexic and now plus-size model was being interviewed. Said babe proclaimed she’s happy to be a size 12. The big O. then turned to Linds and yelled, "You’re not as thin as I thought you’d be!"

I’m told L.L. looked "mortified" by the outburst.

Yo, I’m sure Oprah was trying to say it's good not to be pin-thin, but should you really say that to someone who has struggled with weight issues in the past?

Uh, no. As in abso-friggin’-lutely never, Oprah—how would you like it if some pencil-resembling bitch said that to you?
    From Ted C on eonline.com

WTF was Poprah thinking? I'm no fan of Linds...trust me...but that seems like a dumbas$ thing to say.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

yeah the booze bloat is totally apparant on LiLo lately, like i said before; her lifestyle is kinda catching up to her face.

I read this today and once again, I am confused....its the way Ted writes. GOD I HATE IT. What's he trying to get at?? Was Poprah trying to bring her down or something?? Was she pissed at LL? I don't get it. Why would she say this? And seriously, is it that big a deal that LL hadn't met the woman that she portrayed in the movie?

Elite Member

^^^I totally agree Lynnie. What was his point?

I just think they were referring to the statement she made about winning an oscar, but she isn't a serious actor if she didn't talk to/interview the person she was portraying to get "a feel for her"...that's my take anyway.
    Saw that episode...the "plus size model" was a size 12. That's not big...and Oprah even asked her since when is 12 a plus size...Oprah said she thought a 12 was average...I don't think she was trying to say LL was fat. I think she was just surprised that she wasn't skinnier, since she had her pegged as a party girl...I don't think Oprah would make fun of someone about their weight-we all know she was mighty hefty there for a while...
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

I like to think I understand Ted-speak pretty well. I think he was saying it was insensitive of Poprah to make a comment about Lind's body given that she's had so many weight issues. It's sott of like Linda walking up to Oprah and saying, "Dude, you could stand to lose 20-30 lbs."

Elite Member

I saw the show too... and since this 'weight' comment was not made on air, we don't know all the circumstances surround it. I just think Ted tries to drum up controversy some times.. that's all.

LL will never be considered a serious actor until she takes care of her personal life (IMO)
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

What I don't get is when does LL have the time to study her lines? She's out ALL the time for all hours of the night, drinking, drugs whatever.

I don't like her or her acting, but she must be doing something right to still pull roles and memorize lines?

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    I like to think I understand Ted-speak pretty well. I think he was saying it was insensitive of Poprah to make a comment about Lind's body given that she's had so many weight issues. It's sott of like Linda walking up to Oprah and saying, "Dude, you could stand to lose 20-30 lbs."
    That's what I got out of it, but it takes me so damn long to understand WTF he's saying!

Lindsey is def someone who struggles to keep her weight down, you can tell by how she fluctuates about 10-15lbs. Judging by her body in a bathing suit, she doesnt seem to have much muscle mass which prolly allows her to pack on the pounds easier than some others. However, if she dropped the alcohol consumption shed be able to eat more.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    I like to think I understand Ted-speak pretty well.
    Interested in a part-time job as a translater? I could really use one.

^^ Sure Chilly, just look me up. I love Ted although he seems to be a bit....quiet these days. I wonder if his stint at E! really is almost up. Hopefully he'll spill the poop before he goes!

Quote Originally Posted by Femmefatale View Post
    Lindsey is def someone who struggles to keep her weight down, you can tell by how she fluctuates about 10-15lbs. Judging by her body in a bathing suit, she doesnt seem to have much muscle mass which prolly allows her to pack on the pounds easier than some others. However, if she dropped the alcohol consumption shed be able to eat more.
    I'm no alcoholic so I don't know the stages of detox, but she's been wearing that AA '90 days' chip, wouldn't that mean she's working the program? And if she's not drinking anymore, doesn't that mean she should be de-bloating?

But love how Oprah zinged her, LL never gets crap from anyone.

^^ Welcome Dean.

Actually Linds' publicist said she was wearing the chip for a friend who is in treatment.

I don't know, I don't like this chick but she's obviously struggled with weight. Anyone else who has had those struggles (coughOprahcough) should know better than to even comment on her size. It was was thoughtless at best, spiteful at worst. I'd actually have to be Team Linds if she said, "Yeah, well you're not as fat as I thought you'd be, Poprah."

^^ thanks!

I didn't know that about the chip, I was finally rooting for her to get off the whatever she's been on for the last 5 years. I wish it were her chip instead.

Re: Oprah, totally out of spite but I doubt it will send LL spiraling into anorexia. I think all LL's weight loss was coke-derivative and not a mental affliction like an eating disorder. And methinks Oprah hates the skinnies anyway, maybe it was a backhanded compliment.

^^ Good points. You could very well be right. Oprah never has liked the skinnies.

Thread Information