Thread: Mel Gibson went home and got drunk after being arrested for drunk-driving

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Default Mel Gibson went home and got drunk after being arrested for drunk-driving

Gibson's binge

13/10/2006 4:29:00 PM

Mel Gibson has revealed he went home and got drunk after he was arrested for drunk-driving.

(BANG) - Mel Gibson went home to drown his sorrows after being arrested for drunk-driving.

The 'Lethal Weapon' actor - who was over the legal limit when he was stopped by police in Malibu in July - claims that was the moment he realised he had hit rock bottom.

Mel, who launched into an anti-Semitic rant during his arrest, revealed in an interview with US TV show 'Good Morning America': "I just went home and saw my kids were there. I talked to them for a little bit. And it was a little rough that morning and I chased it down with a few cold ones."

He added: "It was kind of unbearable to face. I said, 'Well, this is it. This will be the end of it, but I just have to get through this morning'.

"You're not operating well, but you know you have to do something."
    Mel - who has battled alcoholism for years - blamed a heavy workload and a long-running battle with "inner rage" for his downward spiral back into drinking.

He explained: "I guess I must have been a little overwrought. Too much pressure, too much work. You do things that go against good judgment. A few drinks later, and I was in the back of a police car wailing.

"I've been angry all my life and I try not to have it manifest itself. I can murder inanimate objects. You should see me choking the toaster in the morning!"

source:
    http://entertainment1.sympatico.msn....etect=&abc=abc

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Hmm. Sounds a bit flippant and the way Mel always joked around. Work pressure? Sorry, not buying it. It's making movies with zillions of dollars.

A few cold beers the next morning is the one time where he didn't have to admit that as nobody would have seen him except his wife and kids. If I were Mel, I'd be getting my butt to AA, have a sponsor and go twice a day to meetings. I have friends that do that, why can't he?

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Because he has God on his side, remember?
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Nah, he doesn't have a problem. And hes DONE apologizing y'all....he's apologized more than anyone else EVER for ANYTHING. He's done.

What a jackass.

Thread Information