Thread: Clay Aiken Has Something to Say to You

Default Clay Aiken Has Something to Say to You

Clay Aiken is no longer the charmingly awkward, self-confessed "dork" who came in second on 2003's second season of American Idol. He has a new look, a new album A Thousand Different Ways, which hit stores Tuesday and some new, hard-won wisdom.

"I learned this year that you can't make people like you or care about you or love you," the 27-year-old, Southern Baptist-bred singer, whose 2003 debut album Measure of a Man sold 2.6 million copies, tells PEOPLE in an exclusive interview.

"I'm becoming a man, not just with my hair," he says, laughing about his darker, longer 'do, "but with my life. This year's been an education: the education of Clay."

He's also aware of what people have been saying about him this year, and in the new issue of PEOPLE (on newsstands Friday), he addresses rumors about his sexuality and more. Here's a preview:

On whether he's gay: "What do you say (to that question)? It's like when I was 8. I remember something would get broken in the house, and Mom and Dad would call me in and say, 'Did you do this?' Well, it didn't matter what I said. The only thing they would believe was yes. People are going to believe what they want."

On the panic attacks he suffered after Idol: "I'd walk into a room and say to myself, 'I am not going to have a problem when these people stare at me.' But then (in) that situation, my heart would start pumping, and I'd start sweating and looking around nervously and shaking. I felt like I was going to have a heart attack."

On taking the anti-anxiety drug Paxil: "I said (to my doctor), 'Listen, I don't want to go to a therapist. I have nothing against therapists. I want to think I can do this on my own.' And she recommended that I try a medication. Now I can sit here; I can go into a store; I can handle a photo shoot. I'm able to get rid of all that stuff in the periphery. It makes everything easier."

On the future: "I want to be a father so badly. I want (kids) one day. Not now. I would love to adopt. There's an orphanage not too far from my house, and I've been up before with church. I always thought, 'What happens to those kids who have the potential to go to college but just can't afford it?' I've been thinking a lot lately about finding a way to pay for one of those kids to go to college."

http://people.aol.com/people/article...top5-2-1536827

Okay. So he's gay, hooked on meds, and wants to hook up with hot college-bound dudes and have sex in the dorms so mom and dad won't walk in. Sounds normal enough to me.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

But what if I don't want to hear what he has to say?? Puts fingers in ears *LALALALALALALALALALALA I CANNOT HEAR YOU CLAY*

Because I DONT F-ING CARE!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    Okay. So he's gay, hooked on meds, and wants to hook up with hot college-bound dudes and have sex in the dorms so mom and dad won't walk in. Sounds normal enough to me.
    This is wrong on so many levels... But it made me LOL
    Walk the runway. Always.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

On the panic attacks he suffered after Idol: "I'd walk into a room and say to myself, 'I am not going to have a problem when these people stare at me.' But then (in) that situation, my heart would start pumping, and I'd start sweating and looking around nervously and shaking. I felt like I was going to have a heart attack."
    Wonder how long it'll take Tom Cruise to come attack him over this. Take your vitamins kids!

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Elite Member

Ugh.... this guy does NOTHING for me. Blah!!!!!!!!!!!

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Ok, Clay is gay, but doesn't want to admit it for fear of alienating his fans. But maybe if he came out, he could sing edgier songs, instead of the crap he's singing now.

Elite Member

I'm not a Claymate - honestly! - but I say about him what I'd say about anyone in his situation. Why are we - the public - all so fascinated with this? Who cares one way or another if he's gay or not? It's irrelevant. People comment that if he simply came out, it would no longer be an issue. Why do we feel he has an obligation to share anything private with us? Whether he is or isn't gay is of little consequence to me. I saw snippets of his interview with Diane Sawyer and he looked completely defeated by the constrant rumblings. He's fed up! I thought she crossed the line in delving into that line of questioning, especially right off the top of the interview. Anything for ratings, I suppose.

A question I have is: What if he isn't gay? Just "what if?" What do people want him to do? Humor us and say he is? This pushing people out of the closet has got to stop!

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

I think in an ideal world, ppl wouldn't even have to ask anyone and anyone gay or bi would be comfortable enough to come out and discuss their sexuality without the fear of discrimination or prejudice.

Forcing someone who isn't ready to talk about it to talk isn't right but I kind of think the more ppl that come out, the more it becomes normalized and accepted...hopefully.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Thread Information