Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lionel Richie says Nicole Richie is not anorexic

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Default Lionel Richie says Nicole Richie is not anorexic

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14626175/

Lionel Richie says he’s so worried about daughter Nicole’s dramatic weight loss that he took her to a doctor, who assured him she’s not anorexic.

“I stood in front of [the doctor], just like you and I now, looked him in the eyes, and I said ‘Is it anorexia?’ And he said ‘It isn’t anorexia,’” the musician told the Swedish newspaper Expressen, according to our translator. He says Nicole’s weight loss is “stress-related” and he believes it’s due to his divorce from her mother and from all the media attention his daughter gets.

“I live with the constant fear that Nicole is going to become the next Princess Diana,” Richie said, apparently referring to the late royal’s death while she was being pursued by paparazzi. “Just to give an example of how crazy everything has become, I always know when Nicole is on her way home because she is always followed by a helicopter and seven cars. It’s harassment.”

But, he claims, photos of Nicole have been digitized to make her look even skinnier than she is. “Many times, they manipulate pictures of her,” he says. “She’s shown me the difference between the original and what’s published in the newspaper. They make her look much worse.”
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Pull your head out of your ass Lionel, the girl has problems.

In another article he said she's gaining weight. Maybe someone should give him the link to this site so he can see the pics ... And if she doesn't want to be followed, maybe she should stop going to the places where paparazzi are known to be. The Princess Diana comparison is so stupid.

He should really just stop talking about Nicole and her weight problems. Seems like he KNOWS she has a major problem but just can't admit to it so he's trying to convince himself it's not true.

He says Nicole’s weight loss is “stress-related” and he believes it’s due to his divorce from her mother and from all the media attention his daughter gets.
    I don't want to say this the wrong way, but he's been divorced from her mother since 1993...it's her stepmother that he's divorcing now.
    Regardless, he's completely blind if he really thinks it's not anorexia, and the doctor's a quack if he thinks it's not anorexia.
    You were lucky to have me. But you know what? I think I already got the best part of you. And she's standing right out there. I don't know... what's left just doesn't look so good anymore. Hope Floats

I smell yet another publicity stunt.

SVZ

“I stood in front of [the doctor], just like you and I now, looked him in the eyes, and I said ‘Is it anorexia?’ And he said ‘It isn’t anorexia,’”
    It isn't anorexia, it's suicide.

on the other hand, he is under no obligation to tell the public all about her health issues. but instead of making up ridiculous excuses, he should stfu and stick to saying 'no comment'
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Then WTF is wrong with her, Daddy Lionel?
    Stress? Yeah, right.
    There is no "test" for anorexia is there? Can a doctor look at you and say, blah, it's stress-it is not anorexia? This makes no sense...
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

i kind of feel bad for him. he sounds like a typical dad, worried, but still in denial, and blaming himself for his kids messed up psyche.

i hope he makes her get a better therapist, and family therapy would probably be a good idea.

Her vocabulary was as bad as, like, whatever.

Cool

My father also claimed I was not anorexic or bulimic when I clearly was to other people, and he had even heard me puke a couple of times and confronted me about it. He maybe telling the public one thing, while he is trying to deal with these issues at home, in private.
    But to me, it looks like anorexia, and it is always a tell tell sign when Pro-Anorexic sites are praising you for your body…
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

Lionel Richie will say anything for some exposure.

I have seen lots of parents who don't think their emaciated, food restricting, purging kids have eating disorders. Or they don't want to think about it.

OK Lionel, you're right, it's not anorexia.
    She just doesn't eat.

If it's stress-related(like he claims) shouldn't she be in some kind of stress therapy before it kills her???
    I'm not quite drunk enough to really care, but is this her violation of her violation of her violation of her violation of probation or her violation of her violation of her violation of her probation????? ~MontanaMama on LL's latest arrest.

She likely should be in therapy, but if everyone around her is in denial along with her, who is going to suggest she do so?

And what is she so stressed about? Shopping? Parties? Big sunglasses?

Quote Originally Posted by chuckpony View Post
    She likely should be in therapy, but if everyone around her is in denial along with her, who is going to suggest she do so?

And what is she so stressed about? Shopping? Parties? Big sunglasses?
    Exactly!!! I'd trade my stress for hers any day!!
    I'm not quite drunk enough to really care, but is this her violation of her violation of her violation of her violation of probation or her violation of her violation of her violation of her probation????? ~MontanaMama on LL's latest arrest.

Gold Member

That is bullshit! Stress related? She has all the money in the world to spend, Apparently Daddy is worth about 200 million according to E. She can have as much fun as she wants, never has to cook, or clean, or worry about bills, or how to make the car payment, or go to school so she dosen't have to work a low paying job etc etc. So Lional is really in some sad denial about his emancipated, ready to fall over daughter. She makes Paris Hilton look overweight.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information