Thread: Peter Cook (Christie Brinkley's soon-to-be-ex) speaks...at last..

Elite Member

Default Peter Cook (Christie Brinkley's soon-to-be-ex) speaks...at last..

From PEOPLE magazine

http://people.aol.com/people/article...218614,00.html

Christie Brinkley's architect husband, Peter Cook, has publicly apologized to his estranged wife following revelations that he'd had a year-long affair with a teenage girl.

"I love my wife. I have loved her since the day I met her. Please … I love her," Cook told New York Post columnist Cindy Adams via his lawyer, Norman Sheresky. "For a lifetime, I've tried to prove how much I love her. This is an aberration. I'm sorry. I'm contrite. I'm stupid. Foolish. No excuse."

Asked about divorce plans, Sheresky said, "There is no divorce proceeding that is proceeding. Christie Brinkley has not sued her husband." Cook, he said, "hopes there's no divorce. If she wants one – and he certainly hopes this doesn't happen, but if – it will not be nasty. She can have whatever she wants."

On July 12 Brinkley, 52, announced her separation from Cook after 10 years of marriage.

A friend tells PEOPLE the model was devastated by the discovery of the 47-year-old Cook's relationship with former employee Diana Bianchi, 19. Bianchi's lawyer is investigating a possible sexual harassment lawsuit.

Referring to Cook's relationship with Bianchi, Shereksy told the Post that Cook "denies that any relationship with that person was nonconsensual. … As he told it to me, quote, 'I took no advantage.' "

Explaining that Cook "got involved, in over his head somehow, and he wants to make it up to (Christie) for the rest of his life," Sheresky added, "He didn't invent adultery. He didn't invent the certain kind of person who would engage in it with him, either."

On July 18, pop singer Samantha Cole revealed that she'd had a romantic relationship with Cook a decade ago, when she herself was 19. On Monday, Cole told MSNBC's Rita Cosby that she and Cook have "maintained our friendship through the 10 years, on and off," and that he had contacted her recently to warn her that "some people might call you."

Cole said she eventually broke up with Cook when she went to Los Angeles to record an album, adding that they'd been arguing so much that it left her voice "raspy." A month after the breakup, Cole said, Cook was engaged to Brinkley.

Brinkley so far has not commented about the separation, and on Tuesday her publicist, Elliot Mintz, told the Associated Press that he didn't think she would ask him to issue a response. "This is not the way for people to have a discourse or a discussion about private matters," he said.

Default Re: Peter Cook (Christie's soon-to-be-ex) speaks...at last..

ooooh, let me guess - he "suffers" from some sort of sexual addictions...
    Must fuck teenage girls....
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

I DO NOT feel one bit sorry for his cheating ass. He's only sorry that he got caught.....

I think Christie's too smart too fall for that bull, I hope she is.

KD
    Elite Member

Default Re: Peter Cook (Christie Brinkley's soon-to-be-ex) speaks...at last..

An "aberrarion" FOR A YEAR????

oh, and let's not leave out this teenaged tart that he picked up at a TOY STORE - it's like a fucking ad for Mid-life Crisis Magazine. I don't feel sorry for her either. She's going to ride out this 15 minutes for as long as she can. She seems fairly wily for a 19 year old: works at toy store, gets picked up by married man, married man hires her and starts paying her $50.00 per hour (at toy store, alledgedly she made 12 or 15), married man buys her a car ... and so on. She's looking into filing a sexual harassment suit??? Please, she was a willing participant in this shit!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by equallydivided
    I DO NOT feel one bit sorry for his cheating ass. He's only sorry that he got caught.....
    ITA. It would be over for me. I wouldn't be able to trust him. Cheating men don't change.

Once a cheater, always a cheater

Elite Member

Honestly, I don't think there's anyway Christie would ever consider going back to him. Aside from the obvious - that he cheated on her - he's also hurt her children and brought shame to her name. She'd be foolish to reconsider no matter how hard he begs. It's OVER!

Silver Member

I think everyone is getting on the wrong person, you should be blaming Christey for the problems in this marriage. It was just an aberration.

Thread Information