Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tramp who broke up Christie Brinkley's marriage is planning to sue

Default Tramp who broke up Christie Brinkley's marriage is planning to sue

The ravishing teen at the center of Christie Brinkley's marital meltdown is a "naive girl" who is now mulling legal action against the supermodel's husband, her lawyer said yesterday.

Peter Cook, 47, caused "substantial and irreparable harm" when he showered aspiring singer Diana Bianchi, 19, with luxurious gifts - including a Nissan Maxima - and then seduced her behind Brinkley's back, the lawyer said.

"It amounts to preying on an innocent, young and naive girl who would otherwise have no attraction to a 50-year-old man," lawyer Joseph Tacopina said. "He offered her money, a job, career advancement. And when he got her comfortable, he made his real intentions known."

He said while Bianchi isn't under age, she was "right at the limit" when the two met. The age of consent in New York is 17.

"I don't think he bought her a car because he's a philanthropist. It's just outrageous," said Tacopina, who is working in tandem with civil lawyer Rosemarie Arnold. "Her eyes are starting to become open. We're evaluating our legal options."

One legal expert said the disillusioned Bianchi might have grounds for a sexual-harassment case since she was working as a low-level assistant at Cook's architecture firm during the alleged liaison.

The two first met while Bianchi, a 2004 graduate of Southampton High School, was working at Stevenson's Toys and Games on Jobs Lane in Southampton, L.I.

"It just sounds so strange. She's really a great girl, and Peter has always been such a gentleman," said the toy store's manager, Susan Watson.

"Diana's a very strong girl, and she's got her own life to live. She's an incredible singer who is going to do really well. Nobody needed this."

Brinkley, meanwhile, packed up the couple's two kids - Sailor, 8, and Jack, 11 - when reporters started questioning her husband's roving eye.

"She thought it would be best to be with her children in a different environment, to be a little more protective of what they will see, hear and come across in the news. It's temporary. They will be coming back," her spokesman Elliot Mintz said.

"For me to say that she's not hurt or shocked, that would just be foolish," he said. "I can't characterize the degree of pain, but any woman reading this gets it."

Cook did not return calls or e-mails seeking comment.

Cook and Brinkley married in 1996. Mintz announced their formal separation on July 11. Brinkley, 52, was previously married to Frenchman Jean-François Allaux, musician Billy Joel and developer Richard Taubman.

Brinkley and Joel have remained good friends, but it's unclear whether the Piano Man has comforted his ex-Uptown Girl. A spokeswoman for Joel, who is touring in the United Kingdom, declined comment.

Bianchi's lawyer, meanwhile, denied a National Enquirer report that her stepdad, Brian Platt, a Southampton Village cop on medical leave, approached Brinkley and Cook and threatened the architect.

"[Platt] spoke to this guy on two individual occasions to say that 47-year-old men don't belong with 19-year-old girls, but it wasn't a threat," Tacopina said. "He was trying to protect a young, teenage girl who's now thrust in the middle of a celebrity divorce scandal."

http://www.nydailynews.com/07-17-200...p-367133c.html

Elite Member

Default Re: Tramp who broke up Christie Brinkley's marriage is planning to sue

Funny...I thought you were an adult once you reached 18. Here we go with another 'innocent victim' trying to make money off of someone else's (Brinkley's) misfortune.

I believe the girl knew exactly what she was doing....still does.

"Diana's a very strong girl, and she's got her own life to live. She's an incredible singer who is going to do really well. Nobody needed this."
    Of course she's going to do well now. She's got the publicity she's always wanted!

"For me to say that she's not hurt or shocked, that would just be foolish," he said. "I can't characterize the degree of pain, but any woman reading this gets it."
    Sorry - I don't get it. Even at an early age I had too much respect for myself to let myself be 'bought'. At that time, a man Peter Cook's age would have made me go "Ewww" had he hit on me.

Bronze Member

Well someones going to make alot of money now.

Silver Member

Anyone have an image of her?

Silver Member

He's still the rotten one in all of this as far as I'm concerned, because he had the family and she was very very young. However, she is just as culpable and for her to ask for money in all of this is quite vulgar. She should leave well alone now, maintain a silence and get on with her life rather than look for ''compensation''. That is just sad, because there are chldren involved. Doesn't sound like she has much of a case either

She is absolutely not an 'innocent' in this..and for her to want money now is absurd. However, I find the major fault to be his. He is the 'mature adult'(supposedly) and he is the one who is not single, but married and he is the one who betrayed his spouse.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Silver Member

oh my goodness seeing a front page headline like that is just so so sad.

Honestly, more respect needed to be shown for the children. How DARE this girl to that to the family.

Zee

Christie Brinkley has a bad track record with men. This guy is a loser and responsible for his own actions.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

In one of the columns today, I think it was Cindy Aadms she allude (sp?) to the fact that the hubby cheated before. Here is the article
    BUYING Hamptons property? Forget about "a safe room." Nothing can save any Hamptonite from the area's poison. That Christie Brinkley-Peter Cook split had everyone siphoning out information. Gossip on Peter-Peter-Pumpkin Eater's supposed trysting in a "spec" house co-owned with his wife disappeared into the atmosphere faster than Cher's collagen. All allegedly began a month ago. Alexa, her kid by Billy Joel, allegedly even knew. Allegedly there was subsequent yelling and fighting, Allegedly, for now anyway, counseling was not an option. Allegedly he's since moved into that house. However, infidelity's becoming semi-tolerated. Even public wives airbrush away its ugliness. Seemingly it's now considered the price to pay for financial, emotional or cosmetic togetherness, so who knows what the future holds for Mr. & Mrs. Cook?
    Not to defend the 19 year old homewrecker but, I can see how she fell into this guys trap. When I was in college freshman year, I was the same way with one of my teachers. He was very handsome and flirted with a lot of the female students. In facet, he dumped his wife a couple of years back t o marry one of his former students. He use to always talk about how his wife was never around and that he missed her and was lonely blah blah blah. I never slept with him but, I was tempted, wife or no wife. He was later fired for knocking up on of the girls in my class. Looking back I can now say what the hell was I thinking but, when you're 18 and an older handsome, well educated guy start giving you compliments left and right it's hard to resist.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I don't agree with the title of the thread. Maybe she's a tramp but he's the one who broke up the marraige. After all, he's the one who's married to Stinkley, not the teenager.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

I so hope this goes to a jury. They will fucking laugh her out of the courtroom.

Quote Originally Posted by teforde23

Not to defend the 19 year old homewrecker but, I can see how she fell into this guys trap. When I was in college freshman year, I was the same way with one of my teachers. He was very handsome and flirted with a lot of the female students. In facet, he dumped his wife a couple of years back t o marry one of his former students. He use to always talk about how his wife was never around and that he missed her and was lonely blah blah blah. I never slept with him but, I was tempted, wife or no wife. He was later fired for knocking up on of the girls in my class. Looking back I can now say what the hell was I thinking but, when you're 18 and an older handsome, well educated guy start giving you compliments left and right it's hard to resist.
    Ok, but what would you think if he gave you a CAR? AND, you know he's married? And, where are her parents? If some guy the same age as my Dad gave me a car, I guarantee the old man would have tracked his ass down....
    Last edited by louiswinthorpe111; July 17th, 2006 at 11:18 AM.

She deserves to sue. Her gold-digging was prematurely terminated, so she has no choice.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

LOL. I am sure that is her logic.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information