Thread: Debbie Rowe sues Michael Jackson for $50,000

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Default Debbie Rowe sues Michael Jackson for $50,000

Debbie Rowe to Jacko -- "I Need Cash, STAT!"

Posted Jul 7th 2006 9:22PM by TMZ Staff

Michael Jackson's ex-wife claims the singer owes him a fortune and desperately needs money. She says she "sits on the brink of bankruptcy."

TMZ obtained a motion filed by Debbie Rowe, asking a Los Angeles County Superior Court judge to order Jackson to pay her $50,000 in living expenses for the next four months. In the legal papers Rowe claims she needs the money to continue her fight for the custody of the couple's two children. Rowe is also asking for $195,000 in legal fees. Rowe says if she does not get the money to pay her lawyers, she will have to represent herself in the custody battle.

In her motion, Rowe attached the couple's financial settlement agreement from their 1999 divorce case. The agreement provides that Rowe was to receive $1 million dollars up front, and an additional $1 million dollars a year for the next three years. After that, Rowe was to receive $750,000 a year for the next six years. Rowe's total take: $8.5 million. Rowe claims Jackson has not lived up to the agreement.

Under the settlement, Rowe also acquired the couple's Beverly Hills mansion.

The settlement agreement provides a peek into Jackson's lavish lifestyle. It lists 59 vehicles the singer owns, including a Rolls Royce limousine, four tractors and firetrucks.

The motion also includes the custody arrangement, which provides that Rowe was to get visitation once every 45 days, from 10 a.m. to 7p.m.

Rowe is currently challenging the custody and visitation agreement.

source:
    http://www.tmz.com/2006/07/07/debbie...eed-cash-stat/

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

Default Re: Debbie Rowe sues Michael Jackson for $50,000

There must be plenty of attorneys out there who would represent her pro bono, for the publicity alone. It's monumental.

The motion also includes the custody arrangement, which provides that Rowe was to get visitation once every 45 days, from 10 a.m. to 7p.m.
    As a child, I saw our local grocery bagger more frequently than that. What the hell?
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

I think MJ is flat broke now, no use in anyone suing him, he won't be able to pay poops.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

TMZ obtained a motion filed by Debbie Rowe, asking a Los Angeles County Superior Court judge to order Jackson to pay her $50,000 in living expenses for the next four months. In the legal papers Rowe claims she needs the money to continue her fight for the custody of the couple's two children. Rowe is also asking for $195,000 in legal fees. Rowe says if she does not get the money to pay her lawyers, she will have to represent herself in the custody battle.

She needs 50,000 to live on for four months? I could live on that for four years. Why so much and doesn't she have a job? Isn't she a nurse or something?

I also find it laughable that she expects Jackson to pay the legal fees so she can sue him. Is she insane?

Do what all us other poor folk do and make an appointment with Legal Aid.

Thread Information