Thread: Reese Witherspoon sues tabloid for invading her privacy - she's not pregnant

Default Reese Witherspoon sues tabloid for invading her privacy - she's not pregnant

Oscar-winning actress REESE WITHERSPOON is suing America's Star magazine, claiming the tabloid invaded her privacy by publishing a "fictional" story about the actress' pregnancy.

In the lawsuit, filed yesterday (21JUN06) in Los Angeles County Superior Court, the LEGALLY BLONDE star insists Star published the false story that she was pregnant "in a callous effort to boost the tabloid's sagging sales".

The story claimed the actress, who is married to RYAN PHILLIPPE, was pregnant with her third child. The couple already have two children, AVA, six and DEACON, two.

Papers filed in the lawsuit claim, "Contrary to the fabricated Cover Story, the true facts are that (Reese) is not pregnant, does not have a 'baby bump' and has not otherwise gained weight such that she has had to resort to wearing 'empire-waist dresses', 'baggy clothing,' or an 'old-fashioned 1920s bathing suit'."

The lawsuit claims the magazine portrayed her in a false light and is an invasion of her privacy, according to website TMZ.com. No damages were specified.

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlf...abloid_1000532
    Isn't this just what tabloids do all the time with every single female celebrity in fertile age???

KD
    Elite Member

Default Re: Reese Witherspoon sues tabloid for invading her privacy

Yeah, whatever. SO ARE YOU???

SVZ

Default Re: Reese Witherspoon sues tabloid for invading her privacy - she's not pregnant

From Star

Statement by Mike Kahane, General Counsel to American Media, regarding the lawsuit filed by Reese Witherspoon:
    It is a frivolous lawsuit. It has no legal merit and we intend to vigorously defend it and have every confidence that we will prevail.

Default Re: Reese Witherspoon sues tabloid for invading her privacy - she's not pregnant

I don't blame her for getting upset. I feel the need to defend her. They are gonna make her a self conscious wreck. She's perfect just the way she is. I hope she doesn't loose a pound. She is what real people look like. Women aren't all stick thin with twig arms and a flat stomach nor should they be. She has had 2 kids and if thats aas a big stomach then I'm huge @ size 2. I think its fabulous how she carries herself - leave the poor girl alone.

This lawsuit probably won't go anywhere, its true. But the magazine claimed she was dishonest with her producers about being pregnant - they shouldn't scew with her career.
    Last edited by Lakesweetjane; June 22nd, 2006 at 01:55 PM.

So, when it comes out that she really is pregnant, what will she do about the frivolous lawsuit she just filed?

I don't blame her. It can affect movie roles for her. She might not get them if she is expecting. Losing income can be quite damaging.

^^ For that reason, I'm guessing she's not. I mean if she turned up pregnant with litagation, haven't the defendants proven their case? It seems like a stupid reason to sue. They've certainly printed worse stories about her and her family. IT would suck to have people assume you're pregnant if you've just gained a few lbs though.

I think she' suing for the principal of the issue. For the tabs to not make up the stupid shit they do. She's just taking a stand, that's how I see it.

Elite Member

This is such bull. I hope they take it to court and I hope Reese loses. It's not about her looking fat. It's about her trying to make a point. She probably is pregnant or thought she was pregnant and she's pissed off that the tabloids are on her ass. She wants to send the statement that they better not 'f' with her or she'll sue. Well, I got news for Miss Legally Blonde--J.Lo's been supposedly pregnant the past 5 yrs and guess what, she still gets offered movie roles! It is a very frivolous lawsuit. She doesn't care about looking fat--she's an actress. They get paid to look terrible if they need to. Just because her skinny ass got an Oscar, she better not even think she deserves some special treatment. Part of the game, baby....

Is Reese going to sue Life & Style as well?

They too printed the same information: "Reese is pregnant!"

BTW Pretty Girl I completely agree with you! Reese must have absolutely nothing else going on in her life right now if this is her biggest priority.

MM... if a magazine is saying all over the country that I am a liar and dishonest person in my job, maybe I would do something about that too.

Lucky you that in America can sue for that, here we just shut up.

Never is too late to make a change.

Thread Information