Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oprah Winfrey-Wedding Crasher

Default Oprah Winfrey-Wedding Crasher

In a turn perhaps inspired by Vince Vaughn or Owen Wilson, Oprah Winfrey crashed several Tulsa wedding receptions over the weekend, collecting footage that will be seen on her show.

"When we were getting ready, we heard that Oprah was in town buying wedding gifts," said Sarah Klein, the sister of groom Ben Klein, who married Heather Anderson. "We were all joking that she should come to the wedding."

And that's exactly what happened.

"She came in wearing her pink dress and was all hidden under her hat," she said. "I knew it was her."

Winfrey dropped off dishes for the newlyweds and posed for a picture during her few minutes at the reception. Before visiting the reception, Winfrey stopped off at another wedding party, according to KOTV, which airs the syndicated "Oprah Winfrey Show" locally.

She surprised Morgan and Bethany Francis at their reception, congratulating the couple and leaving a wedding gift of more dishes. The segments from her Tulsa wedding reception visits are to be aired in a program in September.

http://www.sfgate.com

--------------------------------

Way to go Oprah making someone elses special day all about you!!!

Even if I were a fan I'd be pissed with everyone talking about my wedding because frickin' Oprah was there

Default Re: Oprah Winfrey-Wedding Crasher

Wow, has she no shame - the Wedding is about the bride and groom and their special day. Except for these people whose wedding is about Oprah Winfrey. No one will say, the bride was beautiful, it was a great reception, they will say, Oprah was there!

That is unbelievable. Did she care to think whether the couples would want her there on their special day? Did she care to think whether the couples would want their special day ending up on a programme? What a thoughtless cow.

Cosign! All that for a bunch of freakin dishes??
    "I'm gonna go build my own theme park! With blackjack and hookers! In fact, forget the park!"

WTF, I wish she'd have crashed my wedding. I'd have loved having the chance to tell her what an unbelievably arrogant and self centered woman she is while the cameras were rolling. What a bitch.

She gave them dishes???? WTF? If she is gonna ruin the whole damn day, she could have shelled out $10K or more, just for damages. I a little $$ for newleyweds would be more appreciated than some damn plates and bowls.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

^^^Yea WTF is with the dishes?? Hello?? Maybe they already HAD dishes! How about some cash you whore??? How about a house!! A car??? COME ON! You gave your freaking audience cars, how bout giving these people the same??? Can't stand her...really can't.

Gold Member

For some reason when I originally read the story I thought "why in the heck did she bring food"??? I guess it is one of those no-brainer thoughts.

I really dislike Oprah and would have been so upset to have had her crash my wedding reception. I guess she is so popular now that she thinks that everyone in the world loves her and feels priviledged to have her in their presence.

Elite Member

Is she promoting that people should crash weddings??
    I feel sorry for the wedding parties she crashed. They probably put so much into THEIR day and here she waltzes in with dishes and a film crew.... Way to go Oprah.

Aristotle said "The hardest victory is over self." I'd like to see Oprah put some effort into getting past her "self". Perhaps when she begins fighting her own demons she'll have less time to steal someone elses thunder.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Way to go Oprah making someone elses special day all about you!!!

That is exaclty what I was thinking. She really does have her head up her own ass. Just completely clueless.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball
    WTF, I wish she'd have crashed my wedding. I'd have loved having the chance to tell her what an unbelievably arrogant and self centered woman she is while the cameras were rolling. What a bitch.
    Hahahahaha.....

Nah, but c'mon guys, she's Oprah. If she dares to stop into your wedding, she is bound to steal the show. I bet some of the couples actually enjoyed having her at their wedding, because contrary to what's read online, Oprah is well liked.

KD
    Elite Member

^^^I love her. She could crash my wedding. That I had nine years ago, but whatever.

The dishes were probably from Martha's line at K-mart and she gave them to Oprah and Oprah re-gifted them.... so sad. Where's that charitable heart now??
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

They were talking about this on the radio this morning and every person who called said they would have loved it if she crashed their wedding. The DJ, a male said he would be pissed off if she stole the attention away from him. LOL. I like O so I don't think I would be pissed. I guess it would depend how she did it and what point we were at in the reception.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information