Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson and Debbie Rowe custody battle about to heat up

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Default Michael Jackson and Debbie Rowe custody battle about to heat up

Michael Jackson’s problems are far from over, despite the very breezy version of his life that appeared in The New York Times business section yesterday. Jackson’s legal difficulties are actually headed for a dramatic climax in just seven days.

Right now lawyers for Jackson’s ex-wife are negotiating with the fallen pop star’s reps over depositions in Debbie Rowe’s ongoing visitation/custody case. As things stand today, Jackson is supposed to be in New York in one week to answer a wide range of questions about his parenthood.

You may recall that his two eldest children, Prince and Paris, were born to Rowe during their brief marriage. The children have been told by Jackson that they don’t have a mother, yet Rowe—as I revealed here last year—is their only biological parent.

Upon their divorce, Jackson paid Rowe what is estimated to be about $9 million over several years. But he stopped short of the remaining $2 million owed because he said Rowe had violated their confidentiality agreement. In fact, she gave “Entertainment Tonight” an interview about her horses and ranch, and said nothing about Jackson or the kids. But at the time Jackson was cash-crunched and looking for a way out of his agreement with the feisty blonde.

(Story continues below)

ADVERTISEMENTSAdvertise Here

But Jackson owes Rowe more than she could ever give him. Not only did she “give” him two children, she came to his defense twice during his child molestation scandal. The first time was in February 2003, right after Martin Bashir’s special with Jackson painted him in a bad light. Rowe immediately appeared on TV at Jackson’s request and described him as a wonderful, loving parent who wouldn’t hurt a fly.

The second time was in May 2005, when Rowe took the stand at Jackson’s trial and offered similar praise as a defense witness. Her testimony was so persuasive that the jury managed to forget about countless questions raised in their minds by witnesses for both sides.

Rowe’s reward for helping Jackson was one visit with the children in late summer 2005, during which she was not allowed to tell them she was their mother. Since then, she hasn’t seen or heard from them.

But recently Rowe regained her parental rights in Los Angeles family court after thinking she’d signed them away. Jackson’s response was to force the private judge, a retiree whom both sides had hired, to recuse himself from the case, thus creating new delays in determining if Rowe would ever see the rest of her settlement or ever have a relationship with her kids.

A few months ago, Rowe changed lawyers after an arduous and successful run with Iris Finsilver of Palm Springs. She is now represented by “fresh blood,” Eric George of Beverly Hills, whose determined to get Rowe her rightful due. Some people in the court of public opinion may argue that Rowe “sold” her kids or signed away her rights to them, but legally, neither is true. It will be interesting to see if Jackson shows up in New York next week, and if he brings the children.

Either way, hearings are scheduled in Los Angeles on May 18 and 24 in Rowe v. Jackson separate from the depositions.
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,195449,00.html
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Default Re: Michael JAckson-Debbie Rowe custody battle about to heat up

I wish her well. The kids would be better off with her. But then the kids would be better off with anyone besides Wacko Jacko.

Default Re: Michael Jackson and Debbie Rowe custody battle about to heat up

I have no sympathy or respect for this woman, and even less for MJ. But, I loves me a good fight, so it'll be interesting how this one plays out.

Angry Re: Michael Jackson and Debbie Rowe custody battle about to heat up

"But recently Rowe regained her parental rights in Los Angeles family court after thinking she’d signed them away."

While I agree that the kids would be better off with someone other than MJ, I don't necessarily think that she should get custody either. If she signed away her rights(if she *thought* she did,it must have been intentional at that time), that should be the end of it. It isn't fair for parents in the U.S. to sign away their parental rights and then change their minds later when they have regrets. International adoptions are so common because of this. When they're finalized, it's done. The adoptive parents don't have to worry about the child being ripped away from them after loving and nurturing them for 1,2,3 years or more.(after the lengthy court-battle) It's disgusting how the courts can claim to rule "in the best interest of the child" by forcing the adoptive parents to return THEIR rightfully adopted child to the birth parent/s. Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now!

Anyway, this woman doesn't strike me as the most stable person in the world since she chose to get involved with this freak and let him BUY her babies. I just feel bad for the kids. Who knows, maybe they're happy, but what strange cards to be dealt.

She sold the kids to an accused molestor. She probably has the next buyer lined up. Screw her, screw him & God help those poor kids!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973
    She sold the kids to an accused molestor. She probably has the next buyer lined up. Screw her, screw him & God help those poor kids!
    Totally agree
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

She sold them like cattle. Still, she should get full price for them
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

"Rowe is their only biological parent"???? Huh,what? How'd she do that?

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles
    "Rowe is their only biological parent"???? Huh,what? How'd she do that?
    Well, Cartman's mom is also his dad....

i believe rowe was artifically inseminated with donor sperm? ie, they are not jackson's biologically.

that said, how could the THINK she was signing away her rights, but not really do it? wouldnt MJ have lawyers to ensure this was legit?

AND i think returning the children to her is a VERY slippery slope regarding parents' rights writ large. oy.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Actually, a simple DNA test should clear up any custody issues, eh?
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Did Jackson legally adopt those children? If he didn't, I can't see that he has much of a leg to stand on, especially considering his past.

What I don't get is why those kids are still with him. Why didn't CPS remove them from the home when he was charged with molestation?
    Last edited by aabbcc; May 15th, 2006 at 04:56 PM.

^^ Disgusting isn't it?

Those poor kids should be swept away by people who will love them and teach them how to be normal productive adults. Can you imagine what will happen to them when they find out about all of this?

Hit By Ban Bus! UndercoverGator's Avatar

Can't wait! The most salacious gossip always comes out in these custody and/or divorce filings.

Anyone heard if there was anything new on the Hasselhof divorce front?

Is he even in the US right now?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information