Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tom Cruise denies rumours, and Katie Holmes is now a Scientologist

A*O

Default Tom Cruise denies rumours, and Katie Holmes is now a Scientologist

Katie joins church of Tom
    April 14, 2006 - 11:07AM

Actor Tom Cruise says his Catholic-born fiancee, Katie Holmes, has joined him as a follower of the Church of Scientology but insists that doesn't mean she won't be able to make noise when she gives birth to their child.

Cruise, 43, addressed questions about the religious faith of his pregnant bride-to-be, the child they are expecting and Scientology's practice of "silent birth" in an ABC News television interview set for broadcast in the US tomorrow.

Excerpts from the interview, conducted by Diane Sawyer, were released by the Walt Disney Co-owned network as part of a publicity blitz linking the impending birth of Cruise's first biological child with his upcoming film, Mission: Impossible: III.

Cruise suggested Scientology's doctrine of "silent birth," emphasising a calm, quiet atmosphere in the delivery room, free from screaming and shouts of "push," was misunderstood and exaggerated by the media.

"It's basically just respecting the mother, you know, and helping to be quiet. (But) not the mother. The mother makes as much noise ... you know, she's going through it. She does what she's gotta do, OK?"

Contrary to perceptions that Scientology frowns on giving painkillers to women in labour, Cruise added: "If she needs an epidural, she's gonna get her epidural."

He denied a tabloid report that he had bought an adult pacifier to muffle the moans of his 27-year-old fiancee.

Asked whether their baby would be given a Catholic baptism, Cruise said "no," then added: "I mean, you can be Catholic and be a Scientologist. You can be Jewish and be a Scientologist.

But we're just Scientologists."

"Katie, too?" Sawyer asked.

"Katie, too," he replied.

It was the first public acknowledgment that Holmes has joined Cruise, one of Scientology's most prominent adherents, in embracing a faith founded by science-fiction writer L Ron Hubbard.

Cruise denied media accounts of tension with Holmes' parents, who are devout Catholics, over her association with Scientology.

"They're OK with her being a Scientologist since they're Catholic?" Sawyer asked, to which Cruise answered: "Absolutely, yes."

The couple have yet to set a wedding date.

The baby will be the first for Holmes, who starred in the TV show Dawson's Creek.

Cruise has two older children, 13-year-old daughter Isabella and 11-year-old son Connor, whom he adopted with Australian actor Nicole Kidman before their marriage ended in 2001.

REUTERS
    Oh really? I wonder what the Pope or Chief Rabbi would have to say about that Tom darl.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Elite Member

Default Re: Tom Cruise denies rumours, and Katie Holmes is now a Scientologist

Lots of pictures of Katie and now all the wonderful sayings from Tom... Must be Toms turn to be out and about sharing his wisdom with us all... That baby must be due soon.
    I just can't wait to see/hear what happens next.

Cruise suggested Scientology's doctrine of "silent birth," emphasising a calm, quiet atmosphere in the delivery room, free from screaming and shouts of "push," was misunderstood and exaggerated by the media.

"It's basically just respecting the mother, you know, and helping to be quiet. (But) not the mother. The mother makes as much noise ... you know, she's going through it. She does what she's gotta do, OK?"
    What crap, Lron said the mother should shut up and put up so the baby doesn't associate the trauma of being born with its mother's voice.

Zee

Um, the only person screaming when my kids were born was me. Nobody was yelling push. It was all very calm for the medical staff- they knew their job. I was clueless and tried to leave the hospital.

Spin baby spin. Maybe somebody out there will believe you Tommy
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

Sick and sad, sick and sad.
    Well-behaved women seldom make history - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Heard on the radio that at a screening to MI3 when TC got his ass beat the audience actually clapped and yelled approval
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

You know what? I really thought about what negative sounds could be in the delivery room and I came up with none. I remember with all my children, even with the dire circumstances that the last one was born by emergency csection, it was still a positive place. I heard nothing but wonderful things said. "Oh what a beautiful baby" "Welcome little one" "You are so good" "Great job, Mom" "Great Job, Baby" "Great job, everyone" "You are so loved, little one." "I love you, Honey" "Thanks God" "Thanks Doc" "Thanks nurses". I think it was one of the most supportive times I have ever encountered. And most of the nurses and staff were complete strangers!

^^I agree. Most births are a positive time. This is just some stupid bullshit thought up by L Ron who we all know was a complete and total fruitcake. Honestly how anyone with half a brain could believe one thing about this 'religion' is beyond me.
    THE EASIEST WAY OUT IS THROUGH....

im with above poster.. SPIN BABY SPIN...

now who in scientology is gonna tell HIM to STFU???.. someone?... anyone??? bueller??

Just let him keep talking.....and keep digging in deeper and deeper.

I'll watch this trainwreck too if I remember. Should be interesting.

He denied a tabloid report that he had bought an adult pacifier to muffle the moans of his 27-year-old fiancee.
    If anyone watches the interview, please let me know if Diane Sawyer keeps a straight face when asking questions
    Scariest Halloween mask ever > > >

Is this thing on tonight?..what time and channel?..I need some really good laughs...
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Silver Member

just heard from a friend that she is coming over tonight so I just might miss the sickening sound and look of wee willie winkie.
    And Diane Sawyer makes me kinda hurl.

Only 1 hour and 13 minutes until The Mighty Midget spins!! That's 9 pm, folks, Eastern Standard Time, on ABC. That's channel 7 if you're in NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by WickedHo
    Only 1 hour and 13 minutes until The Mighty Midget spins!! That's 9 pm, folks, Eastern Standard Time, on ABC. That's channel 7 if you're in NYC.
    Thanks Ho. I will be watching this for some good laughs!!!
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information