Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paula Abdul made up story about being beaten to cover up drunken ejection from club

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Default Paula Abdul made up story about being beaten to cover up drunken ejection from club

April 13, 2006 -- PAULA Abdul is being accused of concocting a story to cover up being ejected from a club. Two weeks ago, Abdul claimed a man (identified as CAA agent Jim Lefkowitz) "grabbed her by the arm and threw her against a wall," Us Weekly reported, during a party at the traveling after-hours club Xenii in L.A. - resulting in "a concussion and spinal injuries." A police investigation was launched but may have been called off, as Lefkowitz has yet to be contacted by cops. Two witnesses tell Page Six Abdul looked "drunk" and "out of it" and was the one kicked out of the party with ex-boyfriend Dante Spencer. Insiders theorize she concocted a story to counter witnesses' claims that she'd been tossed from Xenii for being "falling-down drunk." Lefkowitz's lawyer, Michael Nasatir, said yesterday: "The press accounts of the so-called altercation between Jim Lefkowitz and Paula Abdul at Xenii last Sunday morning are completely outrageous and utterly false. Mr. Lefkowitz did not have an argument with Ms. Abdul nor did he have any physical contact with her whatsoever . . . he was merely an innocent bystander at an unfortunate incident." A rep said Abdul was unavailable for comment.

nypost.com
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Default Re: Paula Abdul made up story about being beaten to cover up drunken ejection from club

I'd believe it. She always looks stoned out of her head on AI.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Default Re: Paula Abdul made up story about being beaten to cover up drunken ejection from club

Ooooooh juicy! And not surprising at all!
    Let's AV DIS!

That's really funny, like they would kick people out for being drunk? It's open bar til 2 am at these parties ... And Xenii is not a club, it's an exclusive party society that holds parties in different warehouses each week. Some other members are Jamie Foxx, Jessica Alba, Paris Hilton ...

I keep seeing articles refer to it as "the club." It's not a club, get your facts straight.

And this:

Two weeks ago, Abdul claimed a man (identified as CAA agent Jim Lefkowitz) "grabbed her by the arm and threw her against a wall," Us Weekly reported, during a party at the traveling after-hours club Xenii in L.A. - resulting in "a concussion and spinal injuries."
    It was LAST WEEK. Don't you hate when they get little facts wrong like that?

And the spinal injuries came from when she fell all over herself and the floor right?? I LOVES IT!!!

I think she actually made the story up to get some more painkillers.....she was probably out and had to make some wild shit up.

I really believe she's a prescription drug addict and mixed with alcohol it probably made her crazier than norm.

^ I agree...our local radio station rates her on a scale of one to ten Vicodin every week on AI.

SVZ

how many of us called bullshit on the original story?

Elite Member

Paula was on Jay Leno this week. She looked loaded, stoned out of her mind. She's definitely on something.

As for the alleged assault, the LAPD is conducting an investigation. Paula claims her former agent knocked her down to the ground, rendering her unconscious. The New York Post reported Thursday that Abdul concocted the assault claim after being ejected from a club.

Abdul's lawyer, Marty Singer, called the Post report "a complete lie" and added that witnesses have already corroborated Abdul's story.

http://tmz.aol.com/article2?id=20060413133309990001

I'm not saying Paula isn't off ... I know she hasn't been herself. But I doubt her people would let her file a police report if it didn't happen. That's insane, taking it way too far. Someone would definitely stop her.

Personally, I think we still haven't gotten the full story. And maybe we never will. But no matter what happened, if this guy pushed her down, that's wrong.

I totally believe they made a police report. I'm assuming that Paula's 'people' will do anything that she says. So if she said that someone beat her up, whether they believe it or not, they took the logical next step.....because they're on the payroll. So, get the police involved, and make her a sympathetic victim in this....as opposed to an aging drunk that is losing her freaking mind in front of the entire country. Also, she now has a 'reason' (or justification) to be slurring, etc---its the pain meds that she 'needs' because of this incident.
    Just my opinion of course....

Quote Originally Posted by vballchica134
    It was LAST WEEK. Don't you hate when they get little facts wrong like that?
    There's a huge scandal at Page Six of The Post, so it must be chaos there. Jared Paul Stern is on videotape trying to extort $220G from a billionaire. Richard Johnson was implicated, not in the extortion attempt, but for taking bribes. And I think Stern and Johnson were removed from the column recently.

^^^Yea, that shit is pretty funny!

Quote Originally Posted by cocainekate
    There's a huge scandal at Page Six of The Post, so it must be chaos there. Jared Paul Stern is on videotape trying to extort $220G from a billionaire. Richard Johnson was implicated, not in the extortion attempt, but for taking bribes. And I think Stern and Johnson were removed from the column recently.
    Yeah, I heard. Very funny. It's just so stupid to get a detail like that wrong. If they can't even get the concrete stuff right, makes you wonder about the other stuff they're reporting.

Default Re: Paula Abdul made up story about being beaten to cover up drunken ejection from cl

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyGirl
    Paula was on Jay Leno this week. She looked loaded, stoned out of her mind. She's definitely on something.
    I saw a bit of this, she was slurring her words and practically walking sideways...wasn't she holding a martini?
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information