Thread: Robin Williams To Take Care of Christopher & Dana Reeve's Orphaned Son

Smile Robin Williams To Take Care of Christopher & Dana Reeve's Orphaned Son

Oscar-winner Robin Williams insists he will take care of the orphaned son of Christopher and Dana Reeve, after the teenager's mother died of lung cancer last week.

Williams was always close to the 'Superman' star, who passed away in October 2004, as they had studied acting together at the Juilliard school of drama in New York City.

And after Reeve suffered the riding accident which left him paralyzed from the neck down in 1995, the Goodwill Hunting star was quick to assure the family he would never desert them - and he is standing by his vow to care for 13-year-old Will.

A relative of Dana's says, "He has already been making good on a promise he made to Chris in 1995."

"They were closer than brothers and Robin swore then and there that he would look after Dana and Will after Chris was gone."

"Both of them knew Chris might not last long but neither of them could possibly have imagined the tragedy that would befall Dana so soon after Chris's own death."

Source: http://www.abc4.com/entertainment/st...3-1D27B3033021
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Default Re: Robin Williams To Take Care of Christopher & Dana Reeve's Orphaned Son

I sure hope this is true, because I was wondering what would happen to the poor kid. Can you imagine how awesome it would be to have Robin Williams as a dad?

Default Re: Robin Williams To Take Care of Christopher & Dana Reeve's Orphaned Son

Didn't Dana's Dad (Will's grandfather) say he'd take care of him?
    Go Habs Go!!

Thank goodness that the only issue here is that more than one person wants him!! Hopefully that boy knows there are many people in this world who love him.

It would be swell to have Robin Williams as your dad...you're right, BellaTheBall. I would be touched and grateful if I knew that many people would be more than willing to look after me. If only there were more people like Robin in this world. It would be a better place to live in for those orphaned children...

~Fliss~

SVZ

i love robin williams

He is the only comedian that makes you laugh when you dont even want to.
    Jack I swear.

^ very true, God bless his heart.

Although I read elsewhere that Will would live with either a brother of Chris' family or a sister of Dana's family, I also said right at the start that Robin - Chris' best friend - would probably play a big role in the boy's life. Robin picked up many tabs after Chris' accident. He was the first one to put a smile back on Chris' face and one of two (the other was Dana) who managed to change Chris' suicidal mood right after waking up from the coma.
    Robin (and his wife) has proven to be a friend everybody whishes they had!
    When Chris had his heart attack October 2004, Dana Reeve was in another state in a stage play. She called Robin's wife after receiving news from the hospital that Chris was critical and Robin's wife arranged for a plane for Dana to be rushed to Chris' side before he died. Theirs was an extremely close friendship, especially in showbizz.
    Last edited by HWBL; March 14th, 2006 at 07:44 AM.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Robin Williams is at his best when he's freeforming...can make me literally pee myself. And, from anything I've ever read, he's a good father and generally a good man. I agree that this kid, despite losing both his parents, is lucky in the sense that so many want to be there for him. I wish this was true for all kids.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Elite Member

Here, here, Killjoy -- very well put!

I read this article and it made me tear up. What a great man Robin Williams is.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Thread Information