Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Angelina Jolie too thin? Her doctors think so.

Default Is Angelina Jolie too thin? Her doctors think so.

Doctors are concerned that Angelina Jolie is too thin and are worried that her baby may be at risk if she doesn't pack on the pounds soon, a report claims.

Angie's athletic build probably makes that a bit tougher, but a published report claims that Jolie has only gained 12 pounds and she is just entering her third trimester and that may cause problems in her last three months of pregnancy.

The American tabloid Celebrity Living reports that insiders have learned that the pregnant but still-skinny superstar has been warned by doctors to gain weight.

"Angelina's been told by her doctors that although the baby is healthy, she is below the ideal weight for a woman at this stage of pregnancy," says the source.

Angelina, 30, is said to have weighed 125 pounds at her first prenatal appointment, at seven weeks. At her recent 27-week checkup, she weighed around 137 pounds ó a gain of only 12 pounds!

"[Doctors] have told her that by the time of her next appointment, she should have put on another five to seven pounds," says the source.

To help her reach her goal, a concerned Brad Pitt, 42, is following up on her doctors' orders and urging Angelina to eat more, while also trying to persuade her that they should pull back on their jet-setting schedule.

Early in the pregnancy Jolie reportedly struggled with a hectic schedule, lightheadedness and morning sickness.

And new reports say she has been eating healthy and exercising, but the puffy-lipped mom-to-be still apparently needs to pack on some pounds for her unborn baby's health.
    National Ledger

Default Re: Is Angelina Jolie too thin? Her doctors think so.

I only gained about 10 pounds when I was pregnant, but then again I'm heavier than Angelina. She should live it up while she can and eat everything she wants.
    You cannot see the future with tears in your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Killjoy
    Some women don't put on a ton of weight w/ pregnancy. But I do agree she should cool it with all the jetting around.
    Agree with Killjoy.

you should gain most of your baby weight in the third trimester--she's fine
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

She's not as thin as I thought either... at 5'7 and 125, she was at the low end of the normal weight for her frame. Not bad.

Elite Member

I only gained 18 lb. when I was pregnant with my son, and I ate well. I never got the raging hunger some pregnant women do, but I ate a tad more than normal and tried to eat healthy. My son was 8 lb. 4 oz. so I did something right.

I gained a little more with DD, like 21-22 lbs. but I wasn't as careful about what I ate. I craved shrimp lo mein and ate it often. She was 7 lb. 14 oz. when she came out, but I had a scheduled delivery, almost 2 weeks early, so if she had been full term she would've weighed at least what my son did.

What I don't get is these women that gain enormous amounts of weight over their pregnancies and then have these 6 lb. babies. What's up with that?

Everyones different. Some women just don't gain alot of weight when pregnant.
    Others gain alot even if they aren't overeating. So much of it is genetics and hormones. I gained 60 lbs with my daughter. If I was more careful, I think I could have kept the gain down to 40 or 45 lbs but not much lower than that.
    I could swear Angelica was more like 115 lbs pre-preg. Maybe she put on 10 lbs or so quickly in the beginning. Regardless, she has over 3 months left, she can easily hit a 20-25 lb gain total. She'll be just fine.

Funny I typed "Angelica" I meant Angelina.

Angelica is my good friend in Florida who is due with her baby in Apil.

My mother gained almost 100 pounds when she was pregnant with me.

All the walking up and down steps getting on and off airplanes not to mention all the walking through airports has to be keeping her slim. Maybe she should consider just making one plane trip a week until after she delivers.
    For somebody who doesn't want to be photographed or seen in public, these people sure travel a lot.

eh, each woman is different but my mum says her healthiest pregnancy was her first, when she was constantly travelling with my dad and had to deal with a huge move right in the middle. she didn't stop moving around and walking and as a result she had a lot less bloating and swelling and she gained less weight than with her subsequent pregnancies. strangely enough she was also less tired than with the other pregnancies where she 'took it easy' and rested a lot...
    i don't think it's any different than when you're not pregnant. i feel more lethargic and i eat more for no reason when i'm doing nothing, but when i'm busy and keep active, i feel better and only eat what's necessary.
    to each her own but i for one think it's better to keep active than act like pregnancy is a 9-month illness or an excuse to pig out on whatever you want.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I think each woman is different...she'll be fine. In recent pics, I think she looks better than she did during her first trimester. She'll fill out when it gets closer to delivery time.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

I don't believe for a second that she weighed 125 at her first appointment.
    She would be lucky to hit 110.

Sometimes when you are as sick as Angelina was reported to have been, you can actually LOSE a few pounds from constanly being sick. When I was pregnant with my 2nd child I actually dropped a few pounds the first trimester from feeling so crummy all the time. That may very well be the case with Angelina. Either way, she looks like she's definitley put on more weight in the 2nd trimester. And the other posters are right, the docs only tell you to gain like 25 pounds when you're pregnant. Anything over & above that is just extra padding.

Those veins on her arms look horrible atm. She has that pregnancy condition veinous dilation. I nearly died when I seen her arms. I know she cannot help that but being really skinny makes them more noticeable.

If they are saying the baby is healthy then I think this she must gain x pounds stuff is nonsense. People try too hard to control what is a natural process. If she is eating healthily then the baby will grow and so will she.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information