Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Gabourey Sidibe's dress

So she's fat. I don't care, this look is very good for her compared to all the disasters she's been in.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

fgg

her makeup is nice and i'm happy that she isn't shiny like she usually is.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I like the dress on her. I've seen her on kimmel a few times, she is hilarious and adorable. I like her work as an actress but she's really interesting and funny just being herself.
    "The wild, cruel beast is not behind the bars of the cage. He is in front of it."...Axel Munthe

Yes, she is obese, but I like her dress and makeup.
    'I had to get rid of the kid. The cat was allergic.'

I don't care that she's obese, But there is a double standard here that it's ok to talk about how someone is too skinny but God forbid you talk about the fact that she really needs to lose weight.
    HWBL, gas_chick and effie2 like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Yep, snark should not discriminate!
    effie2 likes this.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    I don't care that she's obese, But there is a double standard here that it's ok to talk about how someone is too skinny but God forbid you talk about the fact that she really needs to lose weight.
    Bullshit. If I think someone is fat I say so. In fashion threads I just say my first impression and mine was her makeup looks great. And I certainly never saw anyone say her size shouldn't be talked about so where the hell is this shit even coming from?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

This " shit" is coming from the fact that every skinny actress is called out IMEDIATELY, while we ignore "the elephant in tne room". pun intended. I'm not a fat shamer, but I'm tired of the skinny shamimg
    HWBL, effie2 and Brah like this.

That's bullshit.

"Skinny shaming" is about as realistic as "white shaming" or "the war on Christmas". When you conform to society's ideals, it shouldn't be that big a deal to be poked fun at because you still have the privilege that comes with being what is currently seen as normal and valued. Fat people (and people of color, and people of a non-dominant religion, and non-gender-conforming people, etc.) get it all the time from the general public. I'm not saying you can't or shouldn't call her fat, but don't pretend that it's the same thing as someone saying "eat a sandwich". Yes, that's a shitty thing to say because we all know that anorexia isn't that simple, but obesity isn't that simple either, and all things being equal, the anorexic is seen in a much more positive light than the compulsive overeater even though they're two sides of the same coin.

/rant off (sorry!)
    ManxMouse and NickiDrea like this.

Well there you go, someone finally told you to not call her fat. Feel better now?

First of all it's not bullshit.
    second of all how can you compare skinny shaming with white shaming? There is no privilege if you're skinny. Skinny people get made fun of just like overweight people. Trust.

There's lots of privilege being skinny, Google thin privilege and see what kind of results you get. There have been studies about it.

And yeah I call bullshit, I call people fat on here all the damn time ffs.
    sunnyb likes this.

Yeah, well growing up all I heard was how skinny I was, jokes about my chicken legs and how I needed to eat. I eat and I eat alot. It's really funny to hear "the last time I saw legs like that, they were hanging out of a birds nest. Don't tell me about thin privilege. I can laugh now, but talk about being insecure when you're a teenager.

She's morbidly obese and probably not in good health. Her choice. Her anorexic Hollywood counterparts are probably courting an early death too.

Regardless, she is making the most of what she's got - she looks really nice and pretty. Best I've seen her.
    Why do people say, "Grow some balls?" Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina. Those things take a pounding! ~ Betty White

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information