Like Tree15Likes
  • 4 Post By sputnik
  • 1 Post By MsDark
  • 3 Post By Waterslide
  • 1 Post By czb
  • 1 Post By Waterslide
  • 4 Post By czb
  • 1 Post By Beeyotch

Thread: Sophia Bush, Gayle King, Martha Stewart & Nancy Pelosi - 2019 Time 100 Gala

Default Sophia Bush, Gayle King, Martha Stewart & Nancy Pelosi - 2019 Time 100 Gala

Pelosi is so DC it hurts. The biggest culture shock moving here after New York was that everyone dresses like shit. I hadn’t seen anything this bad since I lived in Ottawa.
    fgg, Waterslide, azoria and 1 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Sophia and Gayle need to switch dresses.
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    Pelosi is so DC it hurts. The biggest culture shock moving here after New York was that everyone dresses like shit. I hadn’t seen anything this bad since I lived in Ottawa.
    Hey, it could be worse...it could be Chicago. But then again, I keep seeing pictures of people attending plays in NYC and London in jeans and tshirts and carrying purses with a spot for their water bottles. I have dressed up more than that to go to the movies.

Is Sophia Bush a nice person, because I can't stand how she dresses and I kind of feel bad for her.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

czb

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    is that true?

the one thing i noticed about SF is that like NY, more people wear black. and grey. subdued stuff. that lacy thing would never fly here.
    sputnik likes this.

It's been a long time since I've been to DC, but I think it's like Hollywood without the stylists - it's filled with a lot of people who appear on camera who have no innate fashion sense, only celebs in LA get help.
    fgg likes this.
    "AND WHEN YOU BECAME DENISE, I TOLD ALL YOUR COLLEAGUES, THOSE CLOWN COMICS, TO FIX THEIR HEARTS OR DIE."

czb

all i know is that a pic of an old HS classmate of mine showed up some where in the news ... she is head of a PAC in DC and i was STUNNED at how frumpy she was. seriously dowdy and even had one of those nasty coach signature purses that i loathe with the light of 1000 suns.
    Waterslide, sputnik, fgg and 1 others like this.

That sounds about right to me, but I'm mainly judging that from what I see on the news.

DC people are either frumpy, expensive but boring or expensive and tacky republican maximalist. What they all have in common is a total lack of style, edge, originality and personality in how they dress. It’s a city full of people who look like they belong in the suburbs.

Quote Originally Posted by czb View Post
    is that true?

the one thing i noticed about SF is that like NY, more people wear black. and grey. subdued stuff. that lacy thing would never fly here.
    yeah, that subdued black/grey/neutral minimalist chic you see a lot of in New York doesn’t really exist in DC. DC’s neutral of choice is ill fitting beige.
    and even the fancy lawyers and lobbyists don’t really venture beyond brooks brothers and St. John’s
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I don't remember Sophia Bush having those boobs. But they look tacky, and oddly frumpy for boobs being out in your face.
    sparkles likes this.

Thread Information