Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: God's purpose for the Earth

Default God's purpose for the Earth

I said in another thread that i dont fear the end of the world, and I said i'd explain why in the religion forum so here it is. You dont have to agree with it and I dont want anyone to think i'm forcing my beliefs down their throat. I'm sorry this is so long, but I took the time to type it out of my book word for word because I think people would be interested and would be able to make as much sense out of it as I did, and it also brought me comfort. I dont think alot of people (including myself) can understand alot of what the bible talks about, but this explains it better, using examples from the bible. You don't have to be nasty if you don't agree.

God's purpose for the earth is really wonderful. God wants the earth to be filled with happy, healthy people. The Bible says that "God planted a garden in Eden", and in it was every tree desirable to one's sight and good for food". After God created the first man and woman, Adam and Eve, he put them in that lovely home and told them, "Be fruitful and become many and fill the earth and subdue it". (Genesis 1:28; 2:8, 9, 15) So it was God's purpose that humans have children, extend the boundaries of that garden home earth wide and take care of the animals. (Remember that there were what we'd call today 'wild' animals in the garden, but they did not harm Adam or Eve)

Do you think that God's purpose for people to live in an earthly paradise will ever be realized? "I have even spoken it", God declares. "I shall also do it". (Isaiah 46:9-11; 55:11) What God purposes he will surely do. He says that he "did not create the earth simply for nothing, but formed it even to be inhabited". (Isaiah 45:1) What kind of people did God want to live on the earth? And for how long did he want them to live there? The Bible answers, "The righteous themselves will possess the earth and they will reside forever upon it"- (Psalm 37:29; Revelation 21:3, 4.)

Obviously, this has not yet happened. People now get sick and die; they even fight and kill one another. Something went wrong. Surely, however, God did not purposely make it happen. He did not create the earth as we see it today. Why has God's purpose not been fulfilled? No history book written by man can tell us because the trouble started in heaven.

The origin of an enemy

The first book of the Bible (Genesis) tells of an opposer of God who showed up in the garden of Eden. He is described as "the serpent" but he was not a mere animal. The last book of the Bible (Revelation) identifies him as "the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth". He is also called the original serpent. (Genesis 3:1; Revelation 12:9) This powerful angel or invisible spirit creature, used a serpent to speak to Eve, just like a skilled person can make it seem that his voice is coming from a nearby doll or dummy. That spirit person had no doubt been present when God prepared the earth for humans.- [Job 38:4,7]

Since all of God's creations are perfect, however, who made this "Devil", this "Satan". He was a powerful spirit son of God who turned himself into the Devil. Just like today, a person who was once decent and honest may become a theif or a murderer. How did it happen? The person may allow a wrong desire to develop in his heart. If he keeps thinking about it, that wrong desire becomes very strong. Then if the opportunity presents itself, he may act upon the bad desire that he has been thinking about- [James 1:13-15.]

This happened in the case of Satan the Devil. He apparently heard God tell Adam and Eve to have children and to fill the earth with their offspring (Gensis 1:27) "Why all these humans could worship me rather than God", Satan evidently thought. So a wrong desire built up in his heart. Eventually, he took action to decieve Eve by telling her lies about God (Genesis 3:1-5) He thus became a "Devil" which means "Slanderer". At the same time, he became "Satan", which means "Opposer".

By using lies and trickery, Satan the Devil caused Adam and Eve to disobey God. As a result, they eventually died as God had said they would if they disobeyed (Genesis 3:17-19) Since Adam became imperfect when he sinned, all his offspring inherited sin from him [Romans 5:12.] The situation might be illustrated with a pan used for baking bread. If the pan has a dent in it, each loaf has a dent or an imperfection in it. Similarly, each human has inherited a "dent" of imperfection from Adam. That is why all humans grow old and die- [Romans 3:23]

When Satan led Adam and Eve into sinning against God, he was really leading a rebellion. He was challenging God's way of ruling. In effect, he was saying, "Humans do not need to have God ruling over them. They can decide for themselves what is good and what is bad. And they will be better under my rulership". God could have easily destroyed the rebels. But his perfect sense of justice would not allow him to put them to death right away. He decided that time was needed to answer Satan's challenge in a satisfying way and to prove that the Devil is a liar. So God determined that he would permit humans to rule thesmelves for some time under Satans influence. In this way, he could see who his real followers would be.

The ruler of this world

Jesus never doubted that Satan is the ruler of this world. In some miraculous way, Satan once showed Jesus "all the kingdoms of the world and their glory". Satan then promised Jesus, "All of these things I will give you if you fall down and do an act of worship to me" [Matthew 4:8,9. Luke 4:5,6] Satan could not have offered Jesus the earth if he didn't already own it. It wouldn't have even been considered as temptation to Jesus if Satan was not the ruler of these kingdoms. Jesus did not deny that all the wordly governments were Satan's. Surely, Jesus would have said so, if Satan was NOT the power behind them.

Of course, God is the Almightly, Creator of the Heaven and Earth [Revelation 4:11] Yet, nowhere does the Bible say that either God or Jesus Christ is the ruler of this world. In fact Jesus specifically reffered to Satan as "the ruler of this world" [John 12:31; 14,30; 16:11] The Bible even refers to Satan as the "god of this system of things" [Corinthians 4:3, 4] Regarding Satan, the Christian apostle John wrote; "The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one". [John 5:19]

How Satans world will be removed
    HOW SATAN'S WORLD WILL BE REMOVED

With each passing year, the world is becoming more and more dangerous. It is overrun with warring armies, dishonest politicians, hypocritical religious leaders and hardened criminals. The world as a whole is beyond reform. The Bible reveals that the time is near when God will eliminate the wicked world during his war of Armageddon. This will make way for a righteous new world. [Revelation 16:14-16]

God selected Jesus Christ to be Ruler of His heavenly kingdom. Long ago, the Bible foretold: "Unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given" and the governmen shall be upon his shoulder" and his name shall be called........Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end. [Isaiah 9:6, 7] Regarding this government, Jesus taught his followers to pray: "Let your kingdom come. Let your will take place as is heaven" (The Lords Prayer, our Father) and it iself will replace all of them [Daniel 2:44] Then God's Kingdom will usher in an earthly paradise.

Thank you for posting. What a great read.

Personally I'd like to know why God filled the earth with hideous parasites if he meant for it to be inhabited
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I always thought Satan got mad at God because he gave man free will and Satan refuse to help man because of that. That he would be serving man as well as God. And then some other angels felt the same and they all followed Satan(Lucifer)from Heaven.

This is interesting-never reall connected all the dots. No reason for fear. This is really good-thank you for sharing!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

God is like dead; this "purpose" will never be fulfilled.

A*O

This is the standard version of what to expect and why. However, the born again Christian fundies would say that when the End Of The World (Armageddon) arrives the ONLY people who will be 'saved' are those who have accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour. Everyone else is doomed.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

I've been sitting here weeping a little after listening to Jordan's heart wrenching song on AI....and then I come to this post. Thank you SYP.
    Playful~

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    This is the standard version of what to expect and why. However, the born again Christian fundies would say that when the End Of The World (Armageddon) arrives the ONLY people who will be 'saved' are those who have accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour. Everyone else is doomed.
    Sort of, but the bible says that everyone will be given another chance, whatever that means. If you worship Satan though I dont think you'll be saved!

This knowledge has really helped me though and brought me alot of comfort. I've been depressed for about 8 years now, off and on, sometimes worse than others, and knowing that the world will not go on forever like this and that we were not meant to ever go through any suffering, and that Satan is running the show, just really helps me to get by. Its really depressing to think we're here for 70 years at the most, or more or less, of course we dont know that, and what are we HERE for really. That we just die and everything we worked for, or accomplished becomes nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me
    God is like dead; this "purpose" will never be fulfilled.
    The world wont go on the way its going forever. Even if God didn't destroy it, mother nature will destroy us eventually. God said he'd never allow the earth to be destroyed so we can be sure that he'll step in, and jesus will return, before that happens. Although the bible predicts more natural disasters in the 'end days'. We know thats going to happen- its already happening.

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny
    I always thought Satan got mad at God because he gave man free will and Satan refuse to help man because of that. That he would be serving man as well as God. And then some other angels felt the same and they all followed Satan(Lucifer)from Heaven.
    No, Satan wanted the power, and he also said that man can rule himself, that he doesn't need God. What he meant was that he could come to earth and have us worship him. God sent him here for a challenge. The thing is Satan knows he'll lose, so all he is trying to do now is take as many humans down with him as possible. Thats all thats left for him to do now. Thats why the world is getting worse, scarier and more violent- its indicating that Satans time is almost up.

And if you're wondering why God has given Satan all this time, its because to God 100 of our years is ONE day. So really the 'challenge' hasn't gone on for very long at all.

And the War of the Heavens, which is when Satan was thrown to earth, happened in 1914. What else happened on earth in 1914 for the first time? And since that first world war, there has never been peace on earth.
    Last edited by DitaPage*; April 24th, 2007 at 08:39 PM.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Time to go re-read 'The Gospel According to Jesus Christ'. I think it's a rather more interesting take on God's plans.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Ummm what the hell? Satan has been on earth since 1914? You have got to be kidding.
    You know there is some group of crazy christians that want there to be major drama in the middleeast because it makes what they believe about the end times true. I'm sure it helps them through and brings them comfort to believe that the world will end the way they think it will.
    So is there anything new here? The world is a crazy place, check. The world is going to implode/explode all over the place whether through 'acts of war' or 'acts of god', check. Last but not least, the fact that we are all going to die... that one just doesn't want to go away.
    So do you know how many days we have left? How long is this challenge supposed to last? In god years or people years?
    The challenge has been going on for 93 years... do you know what month Satan was thrown to earth, that would make for exact numbers.
    Last edited by Just Kill Me; April 25th, 2007 at 04:28 PM.

Natural disasters:

Hmm well the giant tsunami of 2005

2 world wars

Civil wars in Japan resulting in the deaths of hundreds of thousands as massive armies clashed

multiple wars during the 1600's for control of the new world

the Spanish wiped out whole civilizations during the 1400's

about 5 crusades to the middle ast killing untold millions

we had the black death that wiped out half of Europe's population...

Before that, Vesuvius erupting and damn near wiping out every citizen of Pompeii and Herculaneum

Biblical times saw lots of famines, locust plagues, droughts..

Atlantic was wiped out by another tsunami..

There has never been absolute peace, and the earth has never been absolutely still, EVER.

The only thing different about TODAY, is that we catalogue every event that happens and EVERYONE knows about it.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    So do you know how many days we have left? How long is this challenge supposed to last? In god years or people years?
    The challenge has been going on for 93 years... do you know what month Satan was thrown to earth, that would make for exact numbers.

No, only God knows. Not even Satan himself, but he has the idea that its soon. And 100 years for us is one day for God or something like that, so we dont know how long he has given Satan to prove that man can rule himself- as you can see he's lost the challenge because man has proved he's a fuck up.

But we know he showed up in 1914? Did he assassinate Archduke Ferdinand? So the devil is 112 years old and named Gavrilo Princip or is Satan the country of Serbia? This is madness.

It was 1914 because thats when the first world war started- at the same time there was a war of the heavens that Satan lost and was cast to earth during. It sounds like madness but its true- i had a hard time believing it first, but it makes perfect sense. And no, he's not 112 years old, he was around forever. He was an angel, who went bad.

When Christ received Kingdom power, his first act was to wage war on Satan in the invisible heavens. As a result, Satan, "who is misleading the entire inhabited earth," was hurled with his angels down to the vicinity of the earth. Knowing that his destruction draws near, he stirs up great trouble on earth. It is "woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to you, having great anger, knowing he has a short period of time."

Before 1914 the world was a different place- 1914 and the first world war was a strategic turning point in history. It makes sense that Satan would cause trouble immediately. And he hasn't stopped causing trouble ever since. And since the governments are doing Satans will, its obvious he has control over them. Especially the corrupt American one for a start!
    Last edited by DitaPage*; April 26th, 2007 at 09:37 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information