Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vatican calls gay marriage "terrorism"

Thumbs down Vatican calls gay marriage "terrorism"

Seriously.. it's like a broken record.

VATICAN CITY (Reuters) - The Vatican's second-highest ranking doctrinal official on Monday forcefully branded homosexual marriage an evil and denounced abortion and euthanasia as forms of "terrorism with a human face."

The attack by Archbishop Angelo Amato, secretary of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, was the latest in a string of speeches made by either Pope Benedict or other Vatican officials as Italy considers giving more rights to gays.

In an address to chaplains, Amato said newspapers and television bulletins often seemed like "a perverse film about evil." He denounced "evils that remain almost invisible" because the media presented them as "expression of human progress."

He listed these as abortion clinics, which he called "slaughterhouses of human beings," euthanasia, and "parliaments of so-called civilized nations where laws contrary to the nature of the human being are being promulgated, such as the approval of marriage between people of the same sex ..."

Amato spoke at a time when the Vatican and Italy's powerful Roman Catholic Church are at loggerheads over plans for a highly controversial law that would give unmarried heterosexual and homosexual couples some form of legal recognition.

The Church and Catholic politicians, even some in Prime Minister Romano Prodi's centre-left coalition, see the proposed law as a Trojan Horse and say it could lead to gay marriages.

Amato, who is said to be very close to Pope Benedict, criticized the media's coverage of ethical issues.

After denouncing "abominable terrorism" such as that carried out by suicide bombers, he condemned what he called "terrorism with a human face," and accused the media of manipulating language "to hide the tragic reality of the facts."

"For example, abortion is called 'voluntary interruption of pregnancy' and not the killing of a defenseless human being, an abortion clinic is given a harmless, even attractive, name: 'centre for reproductive health' and euthanasia is blandly called 'death with dignity'," he said in his address.

Gay rights group have criticized the Pope and Catholic Church officials in the past over such comments, accusing them of interfering in Italy's domestic affairs.

Groups opposed to gay marriage and recognition of unmarried couples are planning a national rally in Rome next month.

Italy's Roman Catholic Church, set up on diocesan and parish levels, has the organizational machinery to mobilize hundreds of thousands of people. A huge turnout, which is expected, could be a major embarrassment for Prodi's government.

Gay marriage evil, abortion terrorism: Vatican - Yahoo! News
    Way to jump on the buzzword bandwagon, yha bunch of silk swathed, prada wearing hypocrites.

Solved that pedophilia thing yet? No? STFU.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

SVZ

Well strap on some dynamite because I'm flaming!

pot - kettle

glass house - stone

nothing's changed in a 1000 years.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

It seems to me they would have more important things to worry about. It seems to me, they are supposed to be celibate-so back off other people's sex lives. It seems to me, no one in the vatican has a womb and/or ovaries.It seems to me, they have never sat by the bedside of a loved one who just wanted the pain to stop. It seems to me they forgotten something simple: You no playa the game, you no maka the rules!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by Dean James View Post
    pot - kettle

glass house - stone

Exactly! They're just about the last people who have the right to pass judgment on anybody's lives.

I must say, Pope Nazinger's almost making me miss the old Pope Walking Corpse. The Vatican's always been outdated/insane/evil about social issues, but lately they seem more...upfront about their evilness.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean James View Post
    pot - kettle

glass house - stone

no kidding. for an institution that once had a pope that didn't know if his father was his brother or his grandfather (try to wrap your head around that one), they're mighty quick to pass judgement.
    i never thought i'd say this but i miss john paul II. nazinger is making him look like a reasonable, moderate man by comparison.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

the vatican makes me sick!

I may not have agreed with Pope John Paul on a lot of things, but at least he had a heart. This new pope just spouts off crazy stuff, and he's about as likable as a block of granite.

SVZ

The new Pope looks like a demon..

^ yeah he really does actually

Nuff said.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

SVZ

except one of them didn't sit in a makeup chair for 12 hours to look like that.

fuckin' nazi pig.

cut it out! I'm still at work!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information