Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree303Likes

Thread: Texas shooting: At least 27 people killed at a church and multiple people injured

Default Texas shooting: At least 27 people killed at a church and multiple people injured

'At least 27 people killed' at a Texas church and multiple people injured - including a two-year-old child - after a gunman in full combat dress opens fire during the service

• At least 27 people were shot by a gunman who opened fire just before 11.30am
    • Police said at least 24 people were injured in the Sunday morning shooting
    • The shooting occurred at the First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs in Texas
    • A witness said among those who were shot in the attack was a two-year-old child
    • Another witness said a man 'in full gear' walked into the church and opened fire
    • Police confirmed that the gunman is dead and there is no longer a threat in area
    • Victims were transported to a local hospital and it's unclear if any are deceased

At least 27 people have been killed inside a Texas church - including a two-year-old child - after a gunman dressed in full combat gear opened fire during the morning service before cops shot him dead.
    The shooting happened at the First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs, where around 50 people usually attend service, according to local reports.
    Wilson County Commissioner Albert Gamez Jr told CNN that at least 27 people have been killed in the shooting, but the death toll is expected to climb.
    'My heart is broken,' Gamez said. 'We never think where it can happen, and it does happen. It doesn't matter where you're at. In a small community, real quiet and everything, and look at this, what can happen.'
    At least 24 others were injured in the horrific shooting. Witnesses said a man 'in full gear' walked inside the church and opened fire just before 11.30am.

At least 27 people have been shot inside a Texas church after a gunman opened fire during the Sunday morning service at the First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs (pictured)

The shooting happened at the First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs, where around 50 people usually attend service, according to local reports

Wilson County Commissioner Albert Gamez Jr said at least 27 people have been killed in the shooting, but the death toll is expected to climb. Pictured is the church where the incident took place Sunday morning

A woman wrote on Facebook that she saw the man flee the scene in his vehicle before crashing it not far from her daughter's house. She said he then ran on foot and was pursued by police. The shooter was killed after the brief foot chase into Guadalupe County, according Guadalupe County Sheriff's Office spokesman Robert Murphy.
    But it's still unclear if the gunman shot himself or was taken down by authorities.
    The suspect, who has not been identified, is dead and there is no longer an active shooter threat, according to police.
    Police could not give an exact number of victims shot in the attack, but witnesses said they heard as many as 20 shots fired.
    Neighbors in the area said they may have heard the shooter reload multiple times. Another witness at the scene said a two-year-old was also shot in the attack.
    Sutherland Springs is a community of about 400 people 30 miles southeast of San Antonio. Some residents fear that the gunman is someone they know becuase their community is so small

President Donald Trump sent his condolences to the Sutherland Springs community as he continues to monitor the situation from Japan

Sutherland Springs is a rural community in Wilson County, Texas, that's made up of about 400 people. It's located about 30 miles southeast of San Antonio.
    Some residents fear that the gunman is someone they know becuase their community is so small.
    First responders are still working to remove bodies from inside the church.
    President Donald Trump sent his condolences to the Sutherland Springs community. He also said he will continue to monitor the situation from Japan.
    Texas Governor Greg Abbott tweeted: 'Our prayers are with all who were harmed by this evil act. Our thanks to law enforcement for their response.'
    He said more details would be released by the Texas Department of Public Safety shortly.
    Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton said in a statement: 'The thoughts and prayers of all Texans are with the people of Sutherland Springs as tragic reports come out of First Baptist Church.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4xakz8CqG
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

Now, let's wait to find out the color of the shooter. If he's white: he was troubled. If he's of color: he's a terrorist.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

heartbreaking and jeez hwbl, sometimes I wish you would slow your roll.

the people they call terrorists are generally the ones who yell something about ISIS or allah, or actually say they ARE terroists, like the new York truck driver. The ones they don't call terroists are the ones they call crazy, madman, evil, etc. I don't think they get off easy. And their versions of evil is just as bad, with the same (if not worse) results. Innocent people die. Why do we have to be so quick to label these killers?
    Liza and CornFlakegrl like this.

WTF? I have no words.
    Laurent and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

pretty sure it was another lone white wolf because trump is tweeting condolences rather than calling for muslim bans, border walls and sending people to guantanamo.

also guys, remember, now is not the time to talk about gun control!
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Jeez, this is horrendous.
    Laurent and BITTER like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I'm sure it was a white guy. They seem to have the claim to fame of being lone, mass murdering assholes with guns. I think every public place needs to have airport level security to enter.

Can we do gun control with a right to search and confiscate guns from private homes?

it just keeps happening
    Timetoout likes this.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

But all the pro gun people always say this can't and won't happen in Texas because everyone and their cat, dog, mom has a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by dexter7 View Post
    heartbreaking and jeez hwbl, sometimes I wish you would slow your roll.

the people they call terrorists are generally the ones who yell something about ISIS or allah, or actually say they ARE terroists, like the new York truck driver. The ones they don't call terroists are the ones they call crazy, madman, evil, etc. I don't think they get off easy. And their versions of evil is just as bad, with the same (if not worse) results. Innocent people die. Why do we have to be so quick to label these killers?
    There is such a thing as domestic terrorism and acts of terror. The guy in Vegas killed 58 (FIFTY EIGHT) people with automatic weapons. He was "troubled" and "depressed because he recently lost quite some money". Bullshit. At the very least what he did was an act of domestic terror. If he was depressed, he could have just killed himself and be done with it, period.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Timothy McVeigh was definitely a terrorist.

if it makes you feel better to call the murdering asshole a "domestic terrorist", then by all means, go for it. Terroists are just as mentally ill as "non terroist" mass murders. It isn't normal behavior to feel like murdering mass amounts of people.

Absolutley no one feels bad for the vegas murderer, do you? Police sketching out a reason of "why" happens with all murders. It's a fact he lost money. No one is saying that excuses his behavior. It's a fact a lot of people who kill and claim ISIS have recently reconnected with the organization, and truly believe they are doing the right thing per their religion. That doesn't excuse their behavior either.

I just think the obsession with labeling a murderer takes away the point. Understanding why helps, but ultimately we need to find a way to limit their ability to get away with this shit.

What the ever loving f*ck is happening, that these shootings keep happening? If it isn't "guns don't kill people," then *when* are we going to finally realize, "OK, let's not put them in the hands of people who *do.*"?!?

Quote Originally Posted by dexter7 View Post
    if it makes you feel better to call the murdering asshole a "domestic terrorist", then by all means, go for it. Terroists are just as mentally ill as "non terroist" mass murders. It isn't normal behavior to feel like murdering mass amounts of people.

Absolutley no one feels bad for the vegas murderer, do you? Police sketching out a reason of "why" happens with all murders. It's a fact he lost money. No one is saying that excuses his behavior. It's a fact a lot of people who kill and claim ISIS have recently reconnected with the organization, and truly believe they are doing the right thing per their religion. That doesn't excuse their behavior either.

I just think the obsession with labeling a murderer takes away the point. Understanding why helps, but ultimately we need to find a way to limit their ability to get away with this shit.
    the thing is, what you call these people informs the decisions politicians make to stop them. with muslim terrorism, everyone agrees it's bad and when all kinds of measures are taken to stop them, even if they affect all the other muslims who aren't terrorists, no one bats an eye: travel bans, racial profiling, etc.

by labelling these guys 'lone wolves', mentally ill psychopaths, you're making it seem like the root of the problem is that lone individual, not a societal problem that demands broader measures - i.e. a closer look at male violence in general, and stricter gun control. because that would affect the rights of 2nd amendment nuts to buy and stockpile weapons that no civilian should even be able to legally acquire in the first place. plus, background checks, restrictions on the type and number of weapons a person can acquire, etc.

so yeah, there's a lot more to the label than just the label. and it's not a coincidence that conservatives don't want to use the T word when it's white dudes committing the violence, because they don't want to make it harder for anyone to buy guns, and they really don't want to deal with the fact that it's men in general who have a violence problem (and since whites are the majority, it's mostly white men we're talking about), or even acknowledge it.
    Last edited by sputnik; November 5th, 2017 at 06:07 PM.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

everything you say makes sense, I guess I just don't care what we call them. And I'm sorry what we call them makes such a difference in how our politicians handle the problem (or how the public views the problem). I just feel like side discussions on what these monsters are called distracts from the urgency to stop the problem, thought I guess some close minded people need to see it from another angle.

It's a fucking problem. Crazy white men, terroists, gun control that can't seem to get passed, etc.
    lindsaywhit likes this.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information