Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lainey blind item September 11, 2007

Yeah, Toronto local legend = Mike Myers
    Into the sunrise. The sunset is sad to me….it only means the night is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lidless Eye View Post
    ...I hate Myers for his unfunny comedy and racist depictions of Scottish people ...
    lol my scottish friend loves his depictions of the scots.

i think this is mike myers too, there have just been too many stories about his awful behaviour. it's too bad cause i think he can be hilarious. i still love wayne's world and the first austin powers. brilliant! stupid silly humour but brilliant nonetheless.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Shrek is green......hello!

Hit By Ban Bus!

...I hate Myers for his unfunny comedy and racist depictions of Scottish people ...
    I did not know about that now I really don't like him... I mean, WTF? Does anyone know if Craig Ferguson has had him on his show? I would certainly think not. Not willingly, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by happy8 View Post
    ^Yep.. I like easy ones! Today she said it wasn't Jim Carey - he's not green.

wow that wraps it all up in a nice neat little package doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    And how many of these guys are from Toronto?? Only Myers right??
    What an asshole.
    Love your avatar.
    The original post said "filming in Toronto."
    It did not indicate that the douchebag in question is actually from Toronto.

My guess - Mike Meyers

I can't understand why people act like this. How can anyone respect someone who acts like this is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by TonjaLasagna View Post
    Love your avatar.
    The original post said "filming in Toronto."
    It did not indicate that the douchebag in question is actually from Toronto.

My guess - Mike Meyers
    It said he was "local," which means the same thing.

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

Myers dad is Scottish and I don't think they are racist, I think they are funny. He used to do a skit on SNL about how people couldn't tell the difference between Scottish and Irish. People would say "Scottish, Irish, same thing" then he would go ballistic since he would always play a Scottish person.

But besides all that he is a gay douche
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Bronze Member

Its definitely Mike Myers he's shooting a movie in Toronto right now. Although Myers wasn't born in Canada he was raised in Toronto and considers himself Canadian. Jim Carey is straight and he's dating Jenny McCarthy. Also, Mike Myers just divorced his wife last year. Perezhilton posted a pretty obvious blind item saying he was into guys last year as well. I like obvious blind items. I am glad Lainey made this one pretty easy. I didn't know Myers was such as asshole.

^ Mike Myers was born in Scarborough, Ontario which is now part of Toronto.
    Scariest Halloween mask ever > > >

I suppose these sort of things are down to individual sense of humour and national perspective. I spent my childhood in the South of England, where I was called various derogatory names, and told by one teacher that my accent was unintelligible (despite the fact that my father was a Speech and Drama Educational Advisor, and taught my sister and I to talk in a form of RP). This sort of casual racism (although, technically not recognised as such) was made worse by crass carictures on TV, which I recognise in Myer's depictions. All I see in his characters are ugly, gross, uncouth representations. Does he do this to the Irish too? Or any other nationalities?
    All internet sources (that I've looked at just now..) claim that Myer's parents were from Liverpool, not anywhere in Scotland. He may have Scottish ancestry, but that doesn't preclude him for participating in perpetuating negative stereotypes.
    I'm sorry if I'm coming across as an overly-nationalist pedant (especially on a gossip site!). Technically, the Scots aren't a race, and therefore it's not actual racism (merely a hate-crime!!); and as a nation we do so many things to encourage this sort of behaviour (Scottish football fans and their fake ginger hair..), and play up to it for the sake of tourism, etc.
    I've got an obvious chip on my shoulder about this, and I respect that other people may view it in a different light. Personal taste, etc....
    Oh, go on....someone say something light and fluffy about the Olsen twins or other more light-hearted/scandalous topics...
    ..Got 25 channels of white noise evil buzzing in my head..

Hit By Ban Bus!

OK LidlessEye, I know about a few things Scottish, like American "Highland Games", Ceiliehs and Ceilieh Bands, bagpipes, tabor tosses, the highland clearances, haggis, fog, moss, heather, castles, the Nessie Monster, St. Columcille, the Druids and SILLY WIZARD (last but not least! )

...but what the bloody hell is the reason for the ginger hair?

Ginger hair is from the Viking invaders! Although they did some raping/pillaging in England, they were stopped by the Norman invaders (who turned England French for many years). As the Normans didn't manage to take Scotland, the Vikings were free to spread their copper-coloured seed around the coastal areas.
    I have to say that I'm not academically sure about this...it's the general history that's been passed down from my father, who is a rampant Scottish nationalist. Mostly my sister and I would pretend to be listening, attempting to nod or raise eyebrows in the right bit.
    Lastly, I've not really seen an excess of ginger hair since I've lived in Scotland. No more so than when I lived in England. We're all mongrels now, which is a good thing.
    ..Got 25 channels of white noise evil buzzing in my head..

Elite Member

I saw a very young Mike Myers in Second City in T.O. in the late 80's (before he was MIKE MYERS lol). He was the funniest thing in the show, and I have never forgotten him. When he turned up in SNL I was not surprised. I didn't know he was an idiot, and I'm sorry to hear it, as I have always had a soft spot for him

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information