Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Need Recommendations: No Eyebrows

Quote Originally Posted by Serendipity View Post
    Someone at work yesterday was sporting some tattooed eyebrows, at least I think they were, or maybe some kind of dye? I couldn't look at her too long to find out, I was worried I'd PML. She's blonde with fair skin, doesn't wear makeup, but had these dark, angry eyebrows. She reminded me of Uncle Leo from Seinfeld.

Even though I'm sure some tattoos can look great, I'd be a bit scared they'd mess it up.
    There is a woman where I work who had done the same. She has very light red hair and blonde lashes and brows. whatever she used to do to her brows was just fine because I never noticed them. Now, with the brow trend going on, she's been sporting the Uncle Leos as well. It is just awful looking and I so want to say something. But I won't. She must like it.
    Brookie and Serendipity like this.

I hate the Instagram eyebrow trend---every girl has those fucking Uncle Leo eyebrows! They look thick and greasy and unnatural, I hate them. I just use a Colourpop eyebrow pencil to to draw in some hairs to raise them up a bit and givw my brows a lift, and then clear mascara on top.
    pinkbunnyslippers likes this.

I feel your pain! Invisible brows and skin tends towards oily. What works great for me is the NYX eyebrow marker. It has a nice brush tip that if you kinda press and flick will give you pretty authentic looking "hairs". Takes a bit of practice. Stays on all damn day. The pens do go dry out pretty quickly, but they aren't terribly expensive to replace. Usually go over the marker with a little fine tipped brow pencil and face powder just to make it look more natural. Wish they had more colors, the medium is a warm dark blonde/light brown.

https://www.nyxcosmetics.com/eyebrow...t=3&cgid=brows
    ...of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

This youtuber explores a lot of different brow products. She's good in that she's practiced and is very precise. Looks natural.

greysfang and dallison like this.

Fuck threading, man. I got mine done on Saturday because I had to take Zack to the mall for new dress shirts and saw a threading shop. A couple ladies walked out looking pretty good so I decided to try threading for the first time and it is not for me. She made my eyebrows nearly Pamela Anderson thin trying to give them some shape and they're too straight. My arches naturally don't match (one is a V and one is more of a curve) so she basically gave me nearly straight lines trying to match them up. My brows come out much better with plain old waxing and plucking.

Oh well, I don't look horrible, but I don't look good either. Luckily I have better tools to draw eyebrows on now anyway.
    dallison likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Have you considered microblading or anything like that?

I'm not even sure what microblading is, but the word "blade" does not inspire much interest.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

^^It's a form of "tattooing" brows, they make tiny cuts and then put some type of ink/pigment on the skin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxKBsRl-M9A
    I'mNotBitter likes this.

Bumping this old thread because I had something called ombre powder brows done this past Saturday. It's essentially like a tattoo, although it's supposed to last anywhere from 1-2 years as far as I know. It's definitely taking some getting used to; the day I had them done, I walked out literally thinking "Oh my God, what have I done?!?". They were so much darker than my natural almost non-existent brows that it was a little jarring when I looked in the mirror. However, being that it is basically a tattoo, I'm now going through the healing process; I have scabs on my brows and I have to fight the urge to just pull them off, because I'm supposed to let them fall off on their own. It looks like once the scabs fall off, the end result will be lighter and not so harsh looking.

ETA: pic (not me or my brows pictured):

Daphodil, fgg and KrisNine like this.

wow! that looks really natural.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

fgg

i did that 6 months or so ago and i love it. mine was called microblading and i had the same initial thought - what did i do! - because they were so dark and filled in at first. it really makes a huge difference for those of us that have light/sparse brows. i recommend it to everyone!
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

It's been a week and the scabs have pretty much all fallen off. They look pretty light at this point, but it's my understanding the color will "settle" and become slightly darker, though not as jarringly dark as when they were first done. I'm supposed to schedule an appointment for a touch up in 4-6 weeks, but I'm scheduled to have a hysterectomy in August so I'll postpone it.
    fgg likes this.

A close friend of mine just did that and it looks nice. As she has black eybrows the effect is stronger than in the pictures you posted, but it still looks natural. I have really sparse eyebrows and I'd love to do it, but since they would have to kinda re-shape them and not just fill it out, I can't commit to it. I'm too afraid it would change the appearance too much.
    -

fgg

you let your eyebrows go wild for a few weeks/month first so the person can see your natural shape. they just fill it in to what your eyebrow should look like. for me, it was an enhancement because my brows were light but i had good shape. i'm very happy with it. it is one of those things that it is like something is different/better but what is it! not like people automatically think you had your eyebrows done.
    Novice likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

My brows are thin and sparse, I totally need to do this. Currently I just fill them in with a brow pencil. I think they have a decent shape and I really only pluck a few stray hairs every few weeks. What kind of shop do you go to in order to have this done?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information