Login to remove the ads!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OMG Jodie Foster is gay!

Quote Originally Posted by crackho View Post
    I think Jodi Foster has handled her personal life in the most dignified of manners. She does her job and minds her own business, and whether she publicly announces anything about her personal life is her decision. I say this because she has never been a media whore like say, for lack of a better example, Angelina.
    Yes I have a lot of respect and admiration for Foster. She doesn't owe anybody her coming out. Good for her for quietly acknowledging her partner, and not being an attention whore.

Hit By Ban Bus!

oh no, im falling off my chair!

Quote Originally Posted by crackho View Post
    I think Jodi Foster has handled her personal life in the most dignified of manners. She does her job and minds her own business, and whether she publicly announces anything about her personal life is her decision. I say this because she has never been a media whore like say, for lack of a better example, Angelina.
    I totally agree. And this is why, aside from her talent. she's had a long, solid career.

Good for Jodie.

Remember when Lindsay Lohan said her goal was to have a long career like Jodie Foster? She could learn alot from Jodie. More idiot actresses need to follow her example.

Shocker. Its about damn time she acknowledged her baby mama.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

To me, it's a non-issue, but I guess there will always be people who won't be happy until she's on the cover of People with the caption "YES I'm gay!!"

Whether that ever happens or not, I have the utmost respect for her, as an actress and a person.

Aw, Jodie rocks. She's talented and smart as a whip, two traits we need to see more of in Hollywood types.
    "Facts are the enemy of truth."
    - Miguel Cervantes, "Don Quixote"

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

I don't think her intention was to "come out" when she thanked her life partner in her speech. She's very smart, so I'm sure she's aware that everyone knows she's a lesbian. I think she just figured that it was none of anyone's business who she loves. I say good for her. She doesn't owe anyone an explanation.

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

You know, I've never come out as straight. Wonder if I need to make a press release or if it's okay to just live my life? Hrmmmm.

^^ Nah. Nobody cares about straight people.

Jodie Foster has finally come out as a lesbian to pay tribute to her girlfriend of 14 years.

The fiercely-private actress has always resolutely refused to discuss her sexuality.
    But after winning an award at a Women in Entertainment breakfast, she broke her taboo to thank "my beautiful Cydney". Scroll down for more...
    Couple: Jodie's lesbian romance with Cydney is already an open secret in Hollywood

Her emotional speech brought tears to the eyes of some of her audience at the Beverly Hills Hotel, revealing a vulnerable side to a star who has long resisted calls from gay rights activists to clarify her personal life.
    Miss Foster, 44, a double Oscar winner, praised her film producer partner Cydney Bernard "who sticks with me through all the rotten and the bliss".
    The couple met on the set of the film Sommersby in 1993 and are raising two sons, Charles, nine, and Kit, six, at their Malibu home.
    Although she gave birth to both boys, Miss Foster has never revealed the identity of the father or the circumstances of their conception.
    As with most questions about her personal life, the actress has refused to comment on gossip that the father was an old university friend from Yale, who is also gay.
    Long-term partners: Cydney with Jodie, the couple have two children

Accepting the Sherry Lansing Leadership Award, she offered an insight into the insecurities that haunt her.
    "I feel fragile, unsure, struggling to figure it all out, trying to get there even though I'm not sure where there is," she said.
    "I've been working in this business for 42 years and there's no way you can do that and not be as nutty as a fruitcake."
    The motives behind Miss Foster's decision to go public were the subject of feverish speculation last night.
    One theory was that she is forging a new career off camera as a director and producer and feels less pressure to compromise to the conservative demands of Middle America.

Earlier this year the leading U.S. gay magazine Out carried her photo on the cover with the headline, The glass closet: Why the stars won't come out and play.
    Critics have suggested she feared her career could suffer if she spoke about her personal life.
    They pointed to comic Ellen DeGeneres, whose sitcom was taken off the air after she declared her love for actress Anne Heche and engineered her show so that her TV character came out at about the same time.
    However, Miss DeGeneres now hosts a successful daytime chat show.
    "I think Jodie just wanted to thank one of the most important people in her life," said a friend of Miss Foster yesterday.
    "She wants to be treated like everybody else and has been in movies long enough not to be unduly worried about the effect it's going to have on her career."
    One reason for guarding her privacy so intently was because she was the victim of stalkers earlier in her career, including John Hinckley, the man who shot President Reagan.
    Out: Jodie Foster publicly acknowledged her partner Cydney Bernard during an acceptance speech

Miss Foster landed her first job in a sun cream commercial when she was three years old and appeared in 50 films before she left school, including her shocking breakthrough role as a child prostitute in Taxi Driver with Robert De Niro.
    She became one of the most successful adult stars in Hollywood by taking on gutsy roles like rape victim Sarah Tobias in The Accused in 1988 and Clarice Starling in Silence of the Lambs three years later, both of which won her Best Actress Oscars.
    Last night Kathy Belge, of the website Lesbian Life, said: "I never thought I'd see this day. Perhaps it was because her children are getting older and she didn't want them to think there was anything wrong with being gay.
    "Perhaps she was simply sick and tired of life in the closet. "Whatever her reasons, we are pleased that Jodie found the courage to be true to herself."

Jodie Foster comes out with emotional tribute to her girlfriend of 14 years | the Daily Mail

Elite Member

A lot of people are private and don't feel the need to announce their sexuality to the world. There are a lot of people who NEVER discuss their boyfriends/girlfriends/wives/husbands in the work place. Therefore, I give Jodie a lot of credit for her class and elegance throughout the years in wishing to live her life the way she sees fit. Just because she doesn't wave a flag doesn't mean she's 'against' anything or was hiding anything. It means she doesn't think certain aspects of her life are any one's business and not up for debate, discussion or criticism. I give Jodie Foster a lot of credit for that. She seems like a wonderful mother, a great great actress and an exceptional person.

^^ I completely agree

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

i adore Jodie! Her and Drew barrymore are like the only successful child stars who haven't become total trainwrecks and/or dead of OD. plus she's an amazing actor imo.

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

And Drew Barrymore was a potential trainwreck for quite a while.

I don't see them as a couple though. They don't seem to "match" if that makes sense. Ah well.

Silver Member

Jodie has her life together Lohan can barely stay sober.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information