Login to remove the ads!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ian Halperin "outs" Jake Gyllenhaal

Quote Originally Posted by Calimoonchild View Post
    Where's the investigation? I want to read about how he came to this conclusion.
    He read all 68 pages in the "Legend of Toothy Tile" thread.

i'm sure that when Reese & Ryan first met, they were in love. However, after 2 children and Reese successful career eclipsing Ryan's........the inevitable happened. Ryan started sleeping with a younger, edgier version of Reese.
    And as for Reese, she comes across as a bit controlling......i'm just sayin
    "the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone"

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

ya think..........
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Quote Originally Posted by TonjaLasagna View Post
    i'm sure that when Reese & Ryan first met, they were in love. However, after 2 children and Reese successful career eclipsing Ryan's........the inevitable happened. Ryan started sleeping with a younger, edgier version of Reese.
    And as for Reese, she comes across as a bit controlling......i'm just sayin
    They had a shotgun wedding when Reese began pregnant just over a year after dating. In very much the same way as Devon Sawa, Ryan could have become quite a big name if he had stayed single and built a female fanbase, but settling down with his wife becoming a bigger name just Z-listed him.

I don't believe that whole Ryan left Reese for Abbey thing, many BI's have hinted that Reese did awful things to Ryan during their marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by Trixiebelle View Post
    Well, I have to admit I don't even know who Ian Halperin is....but all I see is a blog post alluding to an "investigation" and a link to Ted Casablanca's blind items. Since when is that "outting" somebody?
    Just another run of the mill journalist whos "work" is enviable of trash like the National Enquirer. Bare in mind this 'journalist' biggest hawk is that Britney specifically calls him up to transcribe a book for him to write about her suicide attempts. I think nobody ever sees the man because he's in hiding from being served from multiple celebrities.

Most of his press releases are actually to promote books he has written about scandals in H'Wood that don't sell.
    Last edited by Tati; February 7th, 2009 at 02:16 PM.

Bronze Member

IUC Exclusive: Well Known Hollywood Mogul claims he was intimate with “Toothy” dating back to 2004

Even though IUC outed Jake Gyllenhaal yesterday, I’m reserving judgment on this new development until I see more proof. IUC spoke to a prominent West Hollywood man today who claims he was “intimate” with “Toothy” going far as back as 2004. The man, in his mid forties, told IUC he has evidence and is planning to reveal bits soon. This is the fifth time in the last three weeks IUC has been in contact with the man, who used to live in a Beverly Hills mansion before moving to West Hollywood. DEVELOPING

IUC Exclusive: Well Known Hollywood Mogul claims he was intimate with “Toothy” dating back to 2004

Who the hell is this douche??

This game will go on forever, me thinks.

A*O

Toothy Tile is Jake? What a stunning revelation [/sarcasm]

It's a great shame that even in these 'enlightened' times that gay people, famous or otherwise, still don't feel able to express their sexuality openly and without fear of discrimination. I can understand why they stay in the closet, especially if coming out would damage their career or image, and for that reason I think it's a bit despicable when someone else outs them purely to be malicious or for revenge.

I know it's fun to speculate (viz the Who's Gay thread here) but ultimately it's an individual's choice whether they come out or not (except Tom Cruise).
    Why do people say "Grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive! If you really wanna get tough, grow a vagina! Those things take a pounding! -Betty White

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Toothy Tile is Jake? What a stunning revelation [/sarcasm]

It's a great shame that even in these 'enlightened' times that gay people, famous or otherwise, still don't feel able to express their sexuality openly and without fear of discrimination. I can understand why they stay in the closet, especially if coming out would damage their career or image, and for that reason I think it's a bit despicable when someone else outs them purely to be malicious or for revenge.

I know it's fun to speculate (viz the Who's Gay thread here) but ultimately it's an individual's choice whether they come out or not (except Tom Cruise).
    Indeed, and this is an industry you would think would be sympathetic and more open towards people of color and different sexualities. Yet we have seen this is not the case at all, and in an industry that seems to more align itself with Barrack Obama and his philosophies, this is quite disgraceful.

SVZ

Neil Hatrick Harris plays a pretty straight man in how i met your mother

Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post
    Someday people won't care.

Despite, say, Ellen's success, it is still unusual for an actor or actress who is 'out' to play straight leading-man or leading-lady roles. It is great that Neil Patrick Harris and TR Knight have been able to keep playing their same roles (NPH playing a womanizer, no less) after being out. Maybe that will translate to the big screen.

Until more major screen actors/actresses come out, no one will really know how it will affect their careers. I can understand someone not wanting to take that chance. Also, some people are just intensely private.
    But why cant they play straight roles? They would show true talent fi they were gay. Whites play blacks and vice versa ( Eddie Murphy) and everyone thinks its clever. So if a gay loses credibility from outing themselves and they cant ever play a believable role again is stupid.
    You lost me at hello.

Quote Originally Posted by Popsicle View Post
    Just another run of the mill journalist whos "work" is enviable of trash like the National Enquirer. Bare in mind this 'journalist' biggest hawk is that Britney specifically calls him up to transcribe a book for him to write about her suicide attempts. I think nobody ever sees the man because he's in hiding from being served from multiple celebrities.

Most of his press releases are actually to promote books he has written about scandals in H'Wood that don't sell.
    Thanks for the info. Sounds to me like he's a Perez clone looking for attention. And Jake is an easy target since he's always been the Toothy Tile front runner.

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ View Post
    Neil Hatrick Harris plays a pretty straight man in how i met your mother
    I thought of NPH too, and I think he's a great example--but he was already in that role for a few seasons when he came out. Would they have hired him initially to play the womanizing Barney if he was openly gay at the time? I hope it wouldn't have mattered, but I do have to wonder.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Silver Member

Maybe I am just weird but I don't think about an actor's private life when watching a movie. I guess gay doesn't fit in with the "image" of a leading man and all the hype that goes with it. I think Anderson Cooper is the most delicious looking man and I know he is gay. I know he is not an actor, but what a beautiful man. I think people get caught up in gay stereotypes-that gay men are effeminate and gay women are "butchy."

Generally I am not for 'outing' people..except..

When said person is actively working at crosspurposes for the good of gay people overall, is involved with or engaging in anti-homosexual activity, etc. In effect, gays who are closeted and are hypocrites-denigrating homosexuality in some way, while simultaneously hiding their own homosexuality.

These types deserve outing.

This would not include someown like Jake. It would include Tom Cruise, as he is a $cieno and they are antigay, IMO.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    Why does a woman need a man in order to have moved on? Frankly, it looks more pathetic to be bearding for a gay man than it does to just be single. There is nothing wrong with a woman being on her own.

Having a man shouldn't be the be all and end all of a woman's life.
    OMG, thank you.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information