Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: OMG Jodie Foster is gay!

Default OMG Jodie Foster is gay!

Hollywood Screeches To Halt After Partner Thanked In Jodie Foster Acceptance Speech

Awarded with the Sherry Lansing Leadership Award at the 16th annual Women in Entertainment Breakfast Tuesday, Jodie Foster reportedly gave a moving speech, candidly telling the gathered crowd, "I've been working in this business for 42 years and there's no way you can do that and not be as nutty as a fruitcake." Among her many thank-yous, one got a reporter wondering if the veteran actress, so notoriously tight-lipped about her personal affairs and the significance of the "eternity ring" she never removes, had quietly come out to her working woman peers. From the LA Daily News:
    Toward the end of her remarks, Jodie thanked those nearest and dearest to her. Among them was "my beautiful Cydney who sticks with me through all the rotten and the bliss."
    Since she has always been so intensely private, I was surprised at the public acknowledgment of who I presume is Cydney Bernard, the woman who is widely reported to be her life partner.
    It's not as if this was some great secret: Even the first entry of Bernard's IMDb trivia section mentions their relationship, having met in 1993 on the set of Sommersby. Still, for Foster to recognize her partner in a public industry forum suggests she may be slackening her rigid position on the matter; in the unlikely event she wins a Golden Globe or Oscar for The Brave One, we might very well look forward to a Halle Berry-esque acceptance speech for the ages, in which the actress tearfully intones, "Oh, my God. Oh, my God. I'm sorry. This moment is so much bigger than me. This moment is for Kathearine Hepburn, Linda Hunt, Miss Hathaway!"
    Significant Others: Hollywood Screeches To Halt After Partner Thanked In Jodie Foster Acceptance Speech

I NEVER SAW THIS COMING!!!

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

I never would have guessed. I am stunned!

I never thought she'd mention her ever.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

I thought she came out years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by VenusInFauxFurs View Post
    I never thought she'd mention her ever.
    I know. I wonder why she did ..now? Maybe someone told her.. everyone already knew.
    'High, High. Yaw Both High and Smokin' Weeeed in Front of My Howse"
    Bah-Brahhh-Teen Mom

oooo, surprize! Jodi, I think we all guessed this years ago, but come on out!!

i don't think she's 'in'. she's never denied it that i know of. everyone has seen pics of her and her partner, with the kids, it's pretty obvious. she just doesn't talk about her private life.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^Exactly. She mightnt have done an Ellen and announced 'I'm Gay' but I don't think its any big secret that she is.

Glad she said it! Hooray for her! *applause*

Good for her. It's nice that she thanked Cydney is such a public way. She dosn't have to admit to anything. It's always been a non issue.

I think Jodi Foster has handled her personal life in the most dignified of manners. She does her job and minds her own business, and whether she publicly announces anything about her personal life is her decision. I say this because she has never been a media whore like say, for lack of a better example, Angelina.

My my, didn't we all just dip our tongues in some acid today.

I think it's silly, the idea that people have to "come out" and make an announcement about their sexuality. Jodie has handled things exactly as they should be handled: no confirmation, no denial, just quietly going about her life and now publicly thanking her partner as anyone else would do. No need to make a big deal about it, because it isn't a big deal.

I love Jodie. Hot bitch. And is it necessary for people to say, I'M GAY in order to be a "TRUE" gay? (Whatever that is). Straight people don't do that. LOL.
    Love this bitch. And love when she asked... "Can I just say... WHERE is her mother?!"... when talking about Dina Fungus Lohan. HAHAHA
    And then Blohan's mother said Lilo has been compared to Jodie. As if. HAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    I think it's silly, the idea that people have to "come out" and make an announcement about their sexuality.
    I think so too. If that were me I'd feel foolish. And she doesn't owe it to anybody either.

^^

ITA Raspberry. But good for her anyhow. I love me some Jodie!!!
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information