Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree160Likes

Thread: I'm shocked, Anderson Cooper's Gay (said no one ever)

Default I'm shocked, Anderson Cooper's Gay (said no one ever)

Anderson Cooper Comes Out: 'The Fact Is, I'm Gay'

Anderson Cooper has, at long last, publicly said he is gay.
    Cooper made the announcement in an email to writer Andrew Sullivan.
    "The fact is, I'm gay, always have been, always will be, and I couldn’t be any more happy, comfortable with myself, and proud," he wrote.
    Cooper's sexuality has long been something of an open secret, but he has never publicly confirmed it.
    Read the full email here.
    This is a breaking story. Check back for updates.

Anderson Cooper Comes Out: 'The Fact Is, I'm Gay'
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Good timing to come out during TomKat divorce...
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.

Huh? But he takes his bf to public events.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

mjw
    Elite Member

You really had everyone fooled Anderson. Never would have guessed. I wish Don Lemon and him would get together.

And a lot of dreams were shattered that day, but then a lot of dreams also took flight...
    pinkbunnyslippers likes this.

I still reckon there will be some Americans who will be shocked!

I am glad he announced. So will Michael K!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Yay! Good to hear he finally did although it was no real surprise.

Yeah, I don't think he was ever so much *in* that he's 'coming out'; this is really more of a public confirmation than anything else.
    Jazzy64 likes this.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Anderson Cooper being gay is a breaking story? Because this is news to ... everyone who lives under a rock?

mjw
    Elite Member

Happy Silver Fox Coming Out Day, Everyone

The line I've been waiting to hear from Anderson Cooper ever since my irises turned into silver hearts while watching him on Channel One in junior high school homeroom has finally leaped off of his tongue. Actually, let me correct that. The line I've been waiting to hear is: "Michael, here's a one-way ticket to my fox hole, just for you." So is the second most important line I've been waiting to hear.
    The Daily Beast's Andrew Sullivan asked Andy Coo about his thoughts on Entertainment Weekly's story about famous gay people subtly coming out without a parade or a People magazine cover. The Silver Fox said the words "I'm gay" and explained why he hasn't totally sashayed out of the glass closet before. I just want to let it be known that it's really hard to type while a tidal wave of puckers takes over my body:
    I’ve also been reminded recently that while as a society we are moving toward greater inclusion and equality for all people, the tide of history only advances when people make themselves fully visible. There continue to be far too many incidences of bullying of young people, as well as discrimination and violence against people of all ages, based on their sexual orientation, and I believe there is value in making clear where I stand.
    The fact is, I'm gay, always have been, always will be, and I couldn’t be any more happy, comfortable with myself, and proud.
    I have always been very open and honest about this part of my life with my friends, my family, and my colleagues. In a perfect world, I don't think it's anyone else's business, but I do think there is value in standing up and being counted. I’m not an activist, but I am a human being and I don't give that up by being a journalist.
    And he goes on:
    In my opinion, the ability to love another person is one of God’s greatest gifts, and I thank God every day for enabling me to give and share love with the people in my life. I appreciate your asking me to weigh in on this, and I would be happy for you to share my thoughts with your readers. I still consider myself a reserved person and I hope this doesn’t mean an end to a small amount of personal space. But I do think visibility is important, more important than preserving my reporter’s shield of privacy.
    Yes, I hoped Anderson would come out this July 4th by painting the words "I PROUDLY LOVE PEEN" on his naked body in silver glitter paint before shooting himself out of a cannon over the Hudson while white fireworks spell out the message "THE WORLD CAN END NOW" in the night sky, but I'll take this.
    Happy Silver Fox Coming Out Day, everyone! Let's all join hands and skip through the forest as baby silver foxes giggle together in happiness!
    Posted by: Michael K
    Happy Silver Fox Coming Out Day, Everyone! | Dlisted
    Last edited by mjw; July 2nd, 2012 at 11:55 AM.
    Honeythorn likes this.

fgg

Anderson Cooper: ‘The fact is, I’m gay’

Anderson Cooper has confirmed what most people in the media world and New York already knew: he is gay.

"The fact is, I'm gay," Cooper wrote in an email to Daily Beast blogger Andrew Sullivan. "Always have been, always will be, and I couldn't be any more happy, comfortable with myself, and proud."

Sullivan, who is gay and is a longtime friend of Cooper's, had asked the CNN anchor for his reaction to a recent Entertainment Weekly story about the importance of gay celebrities coming out of the closet to combat America's bullying epidemic.

"Andrew, as you know, the issue you raise is one that I've thought about for years," Cooper responded. "Even though my job puts me in the public eye, I have tried to maintain some level of privacy in my life. Part of that has been for purely personal reasons. I think most people want some privacy for themselves and the people they are close to."

"But I've also wanted to retain some privacy for professional reasons," Cooper continued. "Since I started as a reporter in war zones 20 years ago, I've often found myself in some very dangerous places. For my safety and the safety of those I work with, I try to blend in as much as possible, and prefer to stick to my job of telling other people's stories, and not my own. I have found that sometimes the less an interview subject knows about me, the better I can safely and effectively do my job as a journalist. I've always believed that who a reporter votes for, what religion they are, who they love, should not be something they have to discuss publicly."

Cooper said he did not come out in his 2006 memoir, "Dispatches from the Edge," because the book was meant to be about war and not about his personal life. But his thinking has since changed:

Recently, however, I've begun to consider whether the unintended outcomes of maintaining my privacy outweigh personal and professional principle. It's become clear to me that by remaining silent on certain aspects of my personal life for so long, I have given some the mistaken impression that I am trying to hide something--something that makes me uncomfortable, ashamed or even afraid. This is distressing because it is simply not true.

While it's the first time Cooper has been on the record about his sexuality, it's been an open secret in the media and gay communities for years. In 2007, for example, Out magazine put Cooper on its list of the 50 most powerful gays.

And in 2011, Cooper gave a winking nod to his homosexuality during a panel discussion with writers from The Onion.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

He was never in the closet to begin with. Anderson's always been out, he just never whored himself out on People Magazine with "I'M GAY!!!" in bold rainbow colors.
    Seth82, Sasha, politesse and 5 others like this.

Its 2012 and this shouldnt be an issue anymore.

I'm hetero and sometimes work with gay guys, as long as they respect my space then I dont mind

don't mind what? that they're gay?
    Lalique and BITTER like this.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information