Login to remove the ads!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R & B singer Maxwell gay?

Bronze Member

Red face R & B singer Maxwell gay?

Just curious, can anyone confirm that Maxwell is gay or bi-sexual?

Maxwell has been in hiatus for the last 5 years, and his new cd keeps getting pushed back because his record label doesn't agree with the content of the lyrics in his new album due to the fact that the lyrics are racey and reflect his lifestyle of being homosexual.

Now this rumor has been brought up repeatedly over the past few years in magazines such as "Upscale" magazine, as well as New York's "Village Voice"

Does anyone have any other info that they can provide or share? I don't care about his sexuality, it wouldn't stop me from buying his record, just wanted to know what's up with him. Saw his picture (and his newly shaven bald head) in the picture with Donnatella Versace and Halle Berry.

Please share!

Default Re: R & B Singer Maxwell

Doesn't he have a child with Soul Singer Angie Stone. I heard that they were in a relationship for quite a few years

Silver Member

Default Re: R & B Singer Maxwell

Quote Originally Posted by teforde23
    Doesn't he have a child with Soul Singer Angie Stone. I heard that they were in a relationship for quite a few years
    That is D'Angelo you are thinking of.

I've heard the rumors about Maxwell and the new album being pushed back because of its content. I can't say that I don't believe the rumors. He has a huge female following ( count me in that following) that made him a success and I don't think his record label is willing to take a chance on the ladies finding out their dream man is gay or bi. I still want to hear his new music regardless of he is gay or not.

SVZ

Default Re: R & B Singer Maxwell Gay?

moved to the who's gay forum...

He should release him album on an independent label. More freedom.
    I'm tired of all this nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep.
    That's deep enough. What do you want, an adorable pancreas?---Jean Kerr

Hmmm....I've always liked his voice. No clue if he's gay or not.
    Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Silver Member

He looks like it but his music still jams!!
    I wouldnt be surprised..not saying that all male models are gay but you know all the rumors that swirl around about male models

Hi! I'm New Here!

Default Sexuality of Maxwell is not the issue,...

As a good friend and clothing designer for a few of Maxwell's "looks" on a few of his tours in the past years, Maxwell's sexuality is not the issue. He is neither gay,nor straight. Maxwell is an EXTREMELLY spritual person that takes pride that he can view all human experience with a certain amount of empathy, and love. I have had debates and intimate convos with the man on sexuality, love, the true meaning of life, and the higher power and our existance and meaning in this universe, and the brother is deep in his profound thinking and the way he views the world. Yes his upcoming release of new work has been pushed back, not because of "homo-erotic" overtones, but because most of the lyrics reflect his growing and spiritual views of the world. With songs that CAN be viewed as overtly homo-erotic, the clear message behind his new music just that EVERYONES LOVE IS VALID, not just hetrosexual's. He is trying with all his might to release music that will be an album of love-making music for EVERYONE, not just hetro-sexuals, and his record company hates this, because they want the "old maxwell" that catered to his female fan-base. To maxwell, sexuality is fluid like water, what ever container you put it in,...it takes that shape.(direct quoate from the artist himself). But to answer your question is maxwell homosexual or bi-sexual, the question would be no,(he loves woman, but maxwell loves the HUMAN BODY period,..he loves to be loved and adored).To maxwell, his sexuality is not an issue, its the energy of sex, love, and lovemaking that he thrives on,...he is a true connoisseur of love, and the art and energy of HUMANS LOVING OTHER HUMANS. To listen to his voice, (especially now, it has matured so much , and richer over the years), you feel inside this is a man that KNOWS what true love is, and you hear it in his voice.
    I adore you maxwell, and thank you for be a true gift to the world, and a true friend.

God speed

Seaki

Quote Originally Posted by seaki View Post
    As a good friend and clothing designer for a few of Maxwell's "looks" on a few of his tours in the past years, Maxwell's sexuality is not the issue. He is neither gay,nor straight. Maxwell is an EXTREMELLY spritual person that takes pride that he can view all human experience with a certain amount of empathy, and love. I have had debates and intimate convos with the man on sexuality, love, the true meaning of life, and the higher power and our existance and meaning in this universe, and the brother is deep in his profound thinking and the way he views the world. Yes his upcoming release of new work has been pushed back, not because of "homo-erotic" overtones, but because most of the lyrics reflect his growing and spiritual views of the world. With songs that CAN be viewed as overtly homo-erotic, the clear message behind his new music just that EVERYONES LOVE IS VALID, not just hetrosexual's. He is trying with all his might to release music that will be an album of love-making music for EVERYONE, not just hetro-sexuals, and his record company hates this, because they want the "old maxwell" that catered to his female fan-base. To maxwell, sexuality is fluid like water, what ever container you put it in,...it takes that shape.(direct quoate from the artist himself). But to answer your question is maxwell homosexual or bi-sexual, the question would be no,(he loves woman, but maxwell loves the HUMAN BODY period,..he loves to be loved and adored).To maxwell, his sexuality is not an issue, its the energy of sex, love, and lovemaking that he thrives on,...he is a true connoisseur of love, and the art and energy of HUMANS LOVING OTHER HUMANS. To listen to his voice, (especially now, it has matured so much , and richer over the years), you feel inside this is a man that KNOWS what true love is, and you hear it in his voice.
    I adore you maxwell, and thank you for be a true gift to the world, and a true friend.

God speed

Seaki
    So, in other words, he's on the DL.

My my, didn't we all just dip our tongues in some acid today.

i see someone uses google. *snort*
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Wall o'text should be outlawed. Paragraphs are everyone's friend.

*snicker*

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

God speed

Seaki
    Someone had to write a thesis just to say he loves everyone. WTF?

People need to stop taking all the good looking men and say they're "gay". You can't take them all.

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

God speed

Seaki
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that since he never really gave you a straight answer and you're his friend, he's either bi or gay. You know what, good for him. At least he's happy and is still making music.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hi! I'm New Here!

God speed

Seaki
    Seaki I would really love to speak with you about our favorite musician Maxwell. I loved the post and I think that other's should stop the speculation and enjoy the music.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information